Big Boss is about to go nuclear in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (and Ground Zeroes)

big boss’ private petting zoo seems very out of place alongside all this grimdark tbh

4 Likes

They needed something to contrast all the grim dark/derp.

Yeah, but in this game it definitely feels more out of place than in the other games. In MGS3 the comedy sort of lulled you into a false sense of security, so that the ending could really punch you in the gut. Peace Walker was a fairly dark game, but had stuff like developing Doritos and Monster Hunting. 4 has ‘Snake, you’re the SHIT’ and that monkey. It’s so over the top that you can’t help but laugh at it. In MGSV there just…isn’t enough humor to balance it all out. Sure, there’s the petting zoo, and the shenanigans that come from the many ways you can beat missions, and a few other things, but…it just comes off as kinda lopsided in the end. I know V is supposed to be a darker and ‘grittier’ game, but if Kojima wanted to do that, why did he involve stuff like horse pooping on command. It all just comes off as messy.

oh god i rambled way too much

5 Likes

its a valid point though. The game has issues in encouraging darkness induced apathy and pacing.

If you know a non-messy way for a horse to poop, I’m all ears.

1 Like

Do you think Kojima’s relationship with Konami had any influence on MGSV?

Tonally? Because it certainly did with content being cut. Apparently by the end they weren’t letting him communicate directly with his team, he had to tell someone else who carried his instructions to them.

1 Like
1 Like

It’s time to meet a nice boy.

Episode 24: GinCut Commentary

8 Likes

You%20Will%20Regret%20This%20Kazuhira

23 Likes

Eagerly awaiting Tactical Boy t-shirts.

And Fat Dogs.

“Listen Boss, I need a break from babysitting the dog, I’m working on another anime poster commission for one of the men.”

7 Likes

I have access to five (I think) VHS tapes of the dog anime dubbed in Finnish no less, and at this point I’m seriously considering actually digitizing it in order to share it.

2 Likes

I would really like to know where you found Bear Fighting Music, just so I can find opportunities to use it.

1 Like

Pfft, you didn’t get the full DVD boxset like us true dog anime fans?

Miller has certain feelings about bears.

2 Likes

I really want to see Ocelot’s Pixiv page now

1 Like

Boy Kojima sure was Horny On Main for MGS5 huh?

Given his tastes was he ever not?

1 Like

Fat Dogs 4 Lyfe.