Big Boss is about to go nuclear in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (and Ground Zeroes)

So I picked up MGSV:TPP because of this LP. It’s fun! I just got the achievement for maxing out my sniper buddy’s friendship score, and… well, I’d read ahead on much of the game, but that took me by surprise.

2 Likes

Vapor Snake’s gonna take some friends for a little ride.

Episode 21-1: Weekend at Snake’sCut Commentary
Episode 21-2: Watch Your AssCut Commentary
Episode 21-3: InterrogationCut Commentary

8 Likes

Thanks to Chip, now I keep imagining Skull Face as a Yu-Gi-Oh villain and it’s hilarious. “When you go to the Shadow Realm, tell your “Boss” I sent you!”

3 Likes

Skullface is probably this game’s greatest example of “they really had something in mind but just tripped all over themselves”.

1 Like

Vapor Snake looked great in that camo.

3 Likes

I have not been utilising the horse properly!

I really want 50 Cent to listen to that interrogation tape and lose his fucking mind. Snake and Skullface are about to have their final showdown and we hear a muffled "Bitch too ma skull! then through the wall bursts Fifty.

4 Likes

Fifty actually said he’d prefer if white people didn’t say “Fiddy”, and that it’s kind of racist to do so. Just say his name like you’d say the number 50.

I wasn’t aware. My entire knowledge of 50 Cent extends as far as Chip and Ironicus’ LP of Blood on the Sand. I’ll keep it in mind.

1 Like

Here’s another little side thing we’re doing! After we finished streaming Virtual Night Club, VoidBurger and I went on to play some of Dust: A Tale of the Wired West. We’re hoping to play the rest of this on stream, too.

Episode 1: HOOOO-IE
2 Likes

I’ve never seen such bad models in a game with prerendered graphics.

It is ALMOST TIME… for the plot to finally start. 22 updates in.

Episode 22-1: Take On MeCut Commentary
Episode 22-2: NiceCut Commentary

7 Likes

I was just listening to Grant talk about presidential assassinations on History Honeys and now I’m listening to him talk over Metal Gear Solid. A game series where you have a katana fight to the death with the US president on top of a mobile fortress.

2 Likes

On April Fools they should release a Metal Gear Solid History Honies episode. Just talk about the Big Shell incident as if it’s a real thing, researching into it and stuff. You can have that one for free, General.

11 Likes

Really I just miss when Metal Gear was really out there wacky anime bullshit. There’s so little of it in Phantom Pain. It does happen and there is weird shit later on but not to the extent of “US senator kicked my robot dog friend with a chainsaw tail”

5 Likes

Looks like 22-1 uncut is stuck at 360p on YouTube, so I’m gonna reupload it.

It sounds like the armor will be troublesome to deal with.

And did you try to make a giant loop with the truck to see if the soldiers cut across or continue to follow the tracks?

2 Likes

So that Russian the intel agent mentioned in Ground Zeroes has got to be Ocelot but are any of the other agencies mentioned references?

If you don’t have Pashto interpretation, then Malak says the same things. Which is really dumb, because the first time I played this, I didn’t have Pashto, so Malak saying “Outer Heaven” really intrigued me. But of course, it doesn’t lead anywhere.

I think we’re still too early in to rule out the possibility that Big Boss might be able to telepathically communicate with others, perhaps without even realising it. That horn was the key to unlocking his true potential.

1 Like

Playing simple, crappy games to pass time in the game you’re currently playing? I know I used to do that in System Shock 2, while waiting for research to complete. Just hiding out in a store-room, playing minesweeper swinekeeper… occasionally backing out of it in a hurry to defend against a wandering worm-zombie thing.