Big Boss is about to go nuclear in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN (and Ground Zeroes)

That’s a shame. I get it, but that’s a shame. Don’t ever show up in the base either, I suppose.

They do show up on base, actually!

2 Likes

I’ve seen some female Diamond Dogs wondering around as guards on my base.

1 Like

Oh, cool! Hopefully we’ll get to see that, just because it’s neat.

Entirely out of curiosity but does like the horse or any other animals besides the dog show up on base?

Mmmmmaybe…

Once you’ve got them on your base if you have in your combat team, later on you can run off doing side-ops as combat team members instead of Boss (like I think you could in Peace Walker and/or Portable Ops?) and can play as the female soldiers too!

Also unrelated, since the soundtrack came up in one of the videos I couldn’t remember if it’s been mentioned yet but if you’re blind to the story it’s probably best to avoid looking the soundtrack up. I look the alert music and the eerie song that plays when you’re talking to Paz in TP but I recall the latter song along with a few other tracks on the soundtrack actually have titles with (admittedly incredibly vague) spoilers in them.

Yeah I had no idea about the Paz sub-plot until it was mentioned in another LP I saw part of when I was nearly finished playing the game. Incredibly easy to miss. Seeing that sub-plot play out right at the “end” of the game like that gave it a… different dimension. I’ll probably bring it up later; can’t really talk about it now, obviously.

Hideo Kojima looks surprisingly old for a 12-year old.

1 Like

His true age and birthdate has been suppressed by the Patriots. And he’s got anti-aging nano machines.

2 Likes

Okay I take back my earlier comment about not telling us about POWs in Back up, Back down. Why did nobody mention this to Big Boss until he stumbled upon it by accident?

I think I know why the game completion seems to progress weirdly: it’s not your progress into the game, it’s how much of the game the devs actually completed.

1 Like

This whole Chico-died-Paz-lives thing is a bit bonkers and not just in the hammy, absurd METAL GEAAAARRRR style. I can’t even with having her there as some sort of broken bird - I hope she won’t be made into some morality pet for Snake on top of everything.

It’s a really weird decision to put something that plot essential into an easily-missed area, and it makes me wonder what was going on in Konami’s writers’ room and project meetings. Narratively it makes zero sense, esp. with just killing Chico off-screen. Very odd.

I’m theorising we never see Ocelot around and about on Mother Base because he’s busy playing at being a cowboy with all the sheep you’ve fultoned in. Not at all because this game feels more and more half baked.

So separate from Metal Gear, I streamed a little known FMV game called Virtual Night Club with VoidBurger last night. This game has absolutely no walkthroughs or longplays on the internet and apparently only had about 20,000 copies distributed world wide. Here’s the first episode! We’re hoping to stream more of it soon.

Episode 1 - Gimme the Chip
4 Likes

I’m not going to spoil anything, but they actually do Paz’s return very well.

Oh, I’m so glad if that’s the case! I’d hate to have her reduced to a mad woman-child morality pet locked away in a room somewhere.

When I found Paz, I just assumed she was a ghost.

1 Like

Up until Miller and Ocelot came in, I was assuming the same thing.

To be fair Ocelot is a ghost whisperer and Miller is a man so consumed by pain he can’t speak above a growl. If anyone can see ghosts it’s those two.

6 Likes

I find it weird that people missed the whole Paz sidequest, because the idea of not spending literal hours exploring and dicking around on Mother Base is one that is alien to me.

2 Likes

But accidentally dicking into the exact right place when your previous dicking has set the precedent that areas of that type can’t be dicked into? That’s insanely easy to miss. Dick move, Kojima?

4 Likes