A confused hobo and her flying cat try to be Kamen Rider in GRAVITY RUSH

I did, didn’t I? Whoops

I’ve fixed the links, they should take you to the video itself now. Sorry about that

I think you forgot to save your edit, as they’re still the incorrect links and the edit history doesn’t show anything.

That’s…really odd, in any case, I’ve fixed the links again, but just in case those don’t work, here are the direct links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsAksqYp6fQ Part 6-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcRxQBQbBoU Part 6-2

(edit: ok, I figured out what the issue was. I usually grab the link to the videos in their list form under youtube’s ‘video manager’ mode, which usually only gives the edit link if you click ‘edit’. I guess they had a UI or system change that brings you the edit link regardless on if you click the video title link or the edit link)

Local Criminal Extremely Dead. Authorities Were Initially Baffled, but Stopped Giving a Damn After Ten Seconds.

You have no idea how long and how hard I struggled with adding jock jams dunk music during that scene

1 Like

Ok, so my goal was to get an update out Friday/Saturday, that’s looking like an impossibility, but to make up for it we’ll have essentially a 2x-sized update Sunday/Monday to look forward to instead (as we pretty much have some back-to-back missions and tackle another DLC campaign in its entirety this update)

So to make up for that, it’s time for another informational post about the makings of the game, this time focusing on its composer: Kohei Tanaka

Mr Tanaka is a prolific composer, and if you have watched anime in the past 3 decades you more than likely heard some of his compositions. We briefly talked about him in the LP, but the flair he brings to this game’s atmosphere is as important as the character designs or the environment designers. If the music to this game invokes a ‘heroic’ atmosphere…well…there’s a reason for this. Mr Tanaka has been involved with some of the most well known shonen hero (literally: young man’s hero) series of all time: G Gundam, Gunbuster, Patlabor, Sakura Wars, and two little series called One Piece and Dragon Ball:

"We Are!" - Theme of One Piece

"Bink’s Sake" - also from One Piece

"Flying in the Sky" - Theme of G Gundam

"Active Heart" - Theme from GunBuster

"Aim for the Top" - Also from GunBuster

"Romantic Ageru Yo" - Ending theme from Dragon Ball

So this guys knows a thing or two about creating “heroic” music. In addition to composing both Gravity Rush and its sequel, he also handled the opening to the more recent Assassination Classroom series:

I listed a few of my personal favorites here, but I would recommend taking some time and listening to some stuff off his pretty vast resume of songs

3 Likes

:siren:UPDATE TIME :siren:

BOY this one took a long time, huh? Well not to worry, the next update is already done and will be up this weekend no problem!

But in this update we deal with a sick cat, and some sick moves from Kat! Also my favorite Rift Plane and start on the next DLC campaign, the Spy Pack.

Characters introduced this update:

??? Unknown Super Fighting Robot. Might be a Megaman…Megawoman…I dunno

Yuri Gerneaux is commander of the anti-Nevi special forces of the city. Let me tell you what a bad idea it is to google “Gravity Rush Yuri” at work to try to grab a picture of him

Snakerabbits are the Boys. They’re back in town

Also, the results are in on the contest, and the order is:

1. Rage Bird, by @dijondujour
  2. Knife Hedgehog, by @Zero-ELEC
  3. Armour Crab, by @dimbosama

Congratulations, and I can’t stress how much I loved all the art~ I’ll send you messages here in a bit of time on how to choose/claim your prize, cause you’re all winners

2 Likes

Bahahahahahaha.

This will never not entertain me.

1 Like

why would you think that would work

1 Like

2 hours of sleep does things to your judgement

THANKFULLY I had safesearch on so the harshest thing there was a cute little peck on the cheek

Fun Fact: an hour later my boss sent me an email telling me I got a raise at my job. Universe works in odd ways

:siren:UPDATE :siren:

Coming at you fast, a very special update for a very special day. I decided to go do a few challenge missions I missed in my original recording, and show off the Vita version of the game. The draw distance and graphics are significantly downgraded, but oh well. Enjoy!

(Actual Update will be coming later on today)

2 Likes

Well, that was a different take on an April Fools day joke, in that rather than creating something that would better the world if it actually existed, you blasphemed. But, like, in a good way.

1 Like

:siren:Alright, Actual Update Time :siren:

Hope you enjoyed my little April fools day video, but it’s time to move on to the game that is actually fun to play

In this, we conclude the MYRIAD of stuff you have unlocked in between the last Rift Plane and “Kat’s big trip”

This means finishing off the Spy Pack DLC and do just a boatload of challenge missions in the final section of town

Also, I’ve heard that some have had trouble watching 7-2 on mobile devices. That’s because of the insert song I used for the episode. I’m currently looking alternate ways of viewing, such as Vimeo or editing the original video have a midi of the song used instead. I’ll try to find something!

1 Like

It’s bad enough to be crushed to death, but now some creep-ass kid is stealing his identity? Hasn’t Alias suffered enough? At least Aki is here to be The Best.

1 Like

And with that last upgrade, Kat has finally modernised her Rider Kick.

1 Like

I always adore when a game does something flashy physically for the final upgraded version of your weapon/attack. I always thought one of the best parts of Bioshock 1 was how when you fully upgraded a weapon it just tacked on a ton of stuff to the weapon model-like how the revolver went from a regular revolver to having like longer barrels and extra ammo chambers (this being COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT in Bioshock Infinite for some odd reason…)

So even just having a cool golden aura around your kicks made me so excited in my first playthrough

Should I be embarassed that during my first playthrough I didn’t know how to upgrade anything past the first page of abilities? I didn’t know there were other options for it. :confused:

Also, it’s been really great seeing the DLC, I never bought it on the Vita. Looking forward to the next update, Kat’s big journey is probably my favourite part of the game overall.

1 Like

Make sure your bags are packed and you’re ready to hop aboard cause it’s
:siren: TIME FOR A TRIP :siren:

We’re approaching the final quarter of the game, it’s time to do our final challenge missions and finish off the Traveler’s Story sidequest! I also compiled all of the Traveler’s story segments in sequential order from their perspective, so you don’t have to go backtracking to try to piece it all together. In fact, I’ve decided to make a “Special” category of videos under the first post, to cover stuff like the April fools joke, this video, and maybe stuff like the All-Star-Battle story mode. I decided to include it all in this post cause that image is cute as heck

Oh also, I did a bit more with our audio to try to eliminate some of the noise that was present in update 8. This should be way clearer

Zaza Is head of the lost tribe of children in Boutoume. May also be a crow. Swings a pipe super, duper good

Cyanea is a member of the lost tribe. Really good at napping

I’d say after this, we got about…2-3 updates left, so brace for this game’s…interesting…final act!

1 Like

Alright, time for things to get a bit :siren: serious :siren:

##UPDATE TIME

With this, we’re almost done with the LP. The next update will probably be the last one, and thus might take a bit longer than usual updates to get out, so it gives people a perfect opportunity to catch up, tell a friend, etc. This has been my first high-editing-effort, long-term thread-based LP, and the response that I’ve gotten from it has been nothing short of amazing. I’m extremely grateful.

Once we finish the main game, we’ll probably have a few extra things (going over concept videos, the story campaign in playstation all-stars, the animation bridging 1 and 2) but for the most part the game will be coming to a close next update, so get excited!

(well…officially introduced in this case)

Yunica Super Fighting Robot, the grand fighter of the Anti-Nevi ‘Jellyfish’ squad. Nicknamed The Sea Wasp, she is basically a Rocketeer with a megaman blaster and a lance. I really wish I could play as her

Gravity affects time. Science.

1 Like