A confused hobo and her flying cat try to be Kamen Rider in GRAVITY RUSH

Kat, please stop having entities emerge from your bed between your legs.

1 Like

and here we are, almost 3 months exactly since we started. Itā€™s time to take it home

##:siren: THE FINAL UPDATE :siren:

For this update, episode 12-1 is the final boss, final missions, credits, etc. Meanwhile for 12-2, we basically devoted an entire epilogue episode to finishing up the remaining concept art, as well as taking a look at some concept animations/movies that werenā€™t included in the gallery, including some video showcasing parts/areas of the game that were left in the code hinting at what got left out.

It was originally my intent to do a commentary thing over the Playstation All Stars Story Mode for Kat. But since I really didnā€™t have much to say, I figured Iā€™d just link the 3-4 minutes of cutscenes someone else compiled:

Also, to give credit to the videos used in our epilogue, you can find them here:

With this, the LP comes to a close. Gravity Rush has always been one of my favorite quirky little games. Admittedly it had a steep learning curve and the ending felt both rushed and disjointed if you were craving a structured storyā€¦but to me thatā€™s one of itā€™s best qualities. If there was one game where grounded and structured shouldnā€™t apply, itā€™s this one. This gameā€™s narrative captures the feeling of being uneasy and uncertain with whatever turn comes next. Your stabilization comes not via conventional methods, but by putting your feet wherever you can, given the situation you are in. This is captured beautifully in the gameplay, so why shouldnā€™t the story reflect it too.

In any case, I want to thank again everyone whoā€™d been checking us out, telling friends, etc etc. This was my first attempt doing an LP thread and the reception I got to it is more than I expected! Youā€™ve all been great and kind

##The Future
So yeah, we will most definitely be doing Gravity Rush 2. It wonā€™t be immediately after this. I did this LP on a weekly ā€˜record-edit-commentate-release-repeatā€™ schedule, which was definitely more time consuming than Iā€™d imagine. Therefore for 2 Iā€™m gonna work on getting a large chunk of the game recorded and edited before we start the thread, to keep updates more consistent. In the meantime, Iā€™ll be doing a few other smaller LPā€™s, like Oniken for @ChorpSawayā€™s Casual LP Thread, as well as Puyo Puyo Tetris for my own puzzle games thread. So you can expect Gravity Rush 2 to start sometime mid-summer probably!

@moderators, feel free to mark this thread as complete (Iā€™m ok with keeping it open)

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad that this game was still fairly goofy even in the end. Dusty getting vacuumed and Raven staunchly refusing ice cream are both fantastic moments. Gravity Rush is a really good game and Iā€™m excited to see the sequel. I know of one particular scene because of an article on Waypoint, but outside of that I know basically nothing about that one either.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the game, the LP and the finale, but dang it BPM, youā€™re killing me with the way you pronounce ā€˜Anemoneā€™.

All said, looking forward to the sequel LP.

1 Like

anyone who has known me for a while knows one of my traits is that when I mispronounce a word, my mind will just accept that wrong pronunciation as the truth no matter how many times I hear the correct one. Itā€™s part of my bull-stubborn personality :dogee:

Well, thatā€™ll give me time to play the sequel for myself then.

Gravity Rush still is one of my favourite games ever and this LP was great. Thanks for it.

1 Like