Zodi Plays: Dishonored (Stealth Dad Simulator)

It’s time to get further distracted!

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [13] Objet d’Art

Video Length: 29:29

In this exciting episode, we make our way over to the offices of Galvani once more, dealing with all the guards in our path. We… mostly handle the guards well, though I do end up slowly, but surely, learning the various intricacies of stealth in this game. I think I mostly just misunderestimate how important sound is. That aside, we are able to infiltrate Galvani’s office in a new way, and are able to clear it out rather simply. Sadly, at least for Slackjaw anyway, the man he sent to investigate this office is deader than a doornail. We snatch up his final audio-graph recording, and head back so we can learn what it says.

Or rather, we would, but along the way I found the upper floor entrance to the art dealer’s house! And as you’d expect, while most people do lock their bottom floor door… no one locks the doors on the top floors! We infiltrate the apartment, a three floor mess of mostly garbage, but there’s a massive safe door that Slackjaw’s men are trying to get into. If only we had the combination… and if only I didn’t spend a good deal of time looking for it just in case the gang members missed something and that’s the secret. Oops.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed! I realize that my getting distracted by shiny side things may not make for the best gameplay, but I hope you enjoy. Blind runs tend to be like this after all. I’ll see you all next time!

1 Like

Looks like it’s time to actually progress with the main story mission!

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [14] The Best Little Whorehose in Dunwall

Video Length: 25:36

In this episode, I continue to learn the intricacies of the stealth system. I know how to be SNEAKY, but I don’t yet know how to be STEALTHY. There is a difference, and you can see that difference clear as day here. For I am very sneaky this episode. I am not stealthy in the slightest.

Truthfully there’s not much else for me to say. In terms of sneaking around, the Golden Catt seems way more complicated and tightly packed than the Overseer’s Chambers, and I think that’s cool. It’s actually pretty difficult to sneak through, and there’s a lot of winding paths to both enter from and escape too. I like to think that my flailing around was just me showing all those various routes off, for completion sake.

One final note; I am aware that some of the footage is… shaky. I don’t know what the issue is, to put it bluntly. It happens in gameplay too, I think it’s just that Dishonored’s got a bit more high pace than my laptop can actually deal with. I feel kinda bad about it, because some of this stuff might look a lot cooler when smooth as silk. If anyone has advice on how to make the game less angry whenever I do a teleport, that’d be cool.

Anyway, that’s it for today. I hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you guys next time. Take care.

1 Like

Happy day off day! Time for a new Dishonored.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [15] The Real Kinky Shit

Video Length: 31:54

In this exciting episode, after flailing around a bit more, we finally get some progress done. Specifically, we find out where the Art Dealer is, inside the Silver Room. We also, unfortunately, find one of Pietro’s inventions, a glorified torture device that we must use to extract information out from the Art Dealer. We get to learn the wonderful information that the Pendleton’s could be far, far richer if only he didn’t directly screw them over (a fact that our Pendleton will no doubt enjoy) and we learn the Art Dealer’s safe combo, which is… 696. Because of course it is.

Then, after some deliberation on my part, and after strangling I think two more guys, I realize… whatever loot on the higher floors isn’t actually worth much given I just completed the level for the most part, so… let’s find Emily and get out of here. And of course by “find Emily” I mean “find her location” because I didn’t actually clue in on the fact that Emily is directly in this building and we’re looking for her, physically, until I actually found her. I figured “Find Emily’s location” meant more to learn where she is than not. So it was a nice surprise when I found my daughter and her adorable drawings. Huzzah, day is saved!

With the combo to his safe in hand, we can return to Slackjaw and inform him of it, so that he can fulfill his end of the bargain; dealing with the Pendleton Twins non-lethally. Of course, his version of non-lethally is “slice off their tongues, shave their heads, and ship them to a quarry for the rest of their miserable lives” and truthfully given the aesthetic feel of this world I don’t imagine they have a high chance of surviving the tongue cut, so this really feels more like a “oh they’re going to die, just not HERE, so that’s okay” and that’s… well that’s certainly interesting, at least. Thanks, Slackjaw. Of course we get the last laugh since I totally rob the safe area before telling Slackjaw the combo. Rip in piss, bud.

And with that, we’re done the second mission of Dishonored… with zero kills! I did it, I did it! I didn’t murder anyone except via proxy with the Pendleton’s and any guards that get executed for failure, or prostitutes who end up getting killed in the shuffle of figuring out what went wrong. But none of that is directly blood on my hands so we’re good! Now… to work on the whole being seen part of it. Because stealthy, I was not! At any rate, this’ll be it for today. Hope you enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time for… whatever is next. I didn’t record any yet so I can’t even tease it.

Onwards, to further dishonor.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [16] Not-So-Virtuous Mission

Video Length: 20:54

Was just a little strapped for time in making this one folks, so sorry if it seems shorter than normal. Because it is, due to the being strapped for time part. Anyway, new Dishonored let’s go.

In this exciting episode, we roll around the Hound Pit for a bit, scrounging up some more items and also getting a nice peak into how Havelock considers the ends, and how they justify his means. I’m sure that won’t backfire on us any time soon. We also speak with Pendleton a bit, who is actually feeling a little squiggly about putting a hit out on his brothers. Understandable. After that we learn what our next mission is; the kidnapping of Anton Sokolov from the GRU forces from his apartment on Kaldwell Bridge, which means we’re going to a new area! Somewhat important; we’re going Right Now, This Very Second, since we’ve only got the shortest of opportunities to get this done. No rest for the wicked, I suppose.

Our first goal in Kaldwell, which looks like it’s going to be a pretty fun sneaking challenge if I do say so myself, is to cut the floodlights. We can’t very well get out of here if they have tower upon tower of shiny eyeballs on us at all times, after all. The second goal here is to kidnap Sokolov alive. No murdering this guy, he’s off the murder table! While we don’t spend that much time on Kaldwell this video, I think the time we DO spend here is telling of how this one’ll go. I’m actually excited for it, personally!

But yeah, that’ll be it for today. Hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time!

1 Like

trips over myself to throw the new video out there

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [17] Oops

Video Length: 27:50

In this episode, we continue our mad flailing through Kaldwell bridge. I’m trying to be a bit more sneaky, and it’s mostly paying off! The issue is now just getting caught out in weird, dumb ways like not knowing if enemies can see me through tiny guard windows or not. It’s bothersome, but something I need to deal with. Another thing I need to deal with it that uh… sloped surfaces exist, and are the enemy. It’s quite unfortunate. In a more positive train of thought, I successfully employed some powerfully smart lock picking tools AND learned that grenades are thrown hard enough to actually just outright kill a rat if it hits it. Corvo’s got a bit of an arm on him!

Then we proceed into the next area of Kaldwell, where we get to meet Mr Pratchett, a big warehouse mogul guy. I don’t THINK we can directly talk to him, and I wasn’t one to risky checking so I handled him in the way I tend to do that. We then proceed to kinda slam our face against the walls of this area looking for how to solve his safe puzzle. Prepare to yell at your computer screens folks, this one is embarrassing (though I do get it, don’t worry). I also get to listen to the wild ravings of a mad survivor, and after dealing with him I get to touch his special shrine to our good good eldritch friend, The Outsider.

To put it bluntly, I wasn’t really THAT big a fan of The Outsider. He seemed a little eh, not bad but not necessarily a good character either. Mysterious, but without much draw to him, though the potential was there. Then I saw this scene. Wherein he dunks on Sokolov repeatedly, ending with one of my favorite pieces of dialogue I’ve heard from the game, a line that really feels great to hear from a character like this guy. Sokolov wants so much to call him up for a chat, but if he really wants to do so he needs to be a bit more interesting. God, I love it. There’s some style to that line that pushed him over the top for me and it’s great.

But yeah, that’s it for today! Hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time, for the actual intrusion into shutting off the floodlights, then the presumable infiltration into Sokolov’s apartment. Take care!

1 Like

Oh man, more Disonored. Who would have thought such a thing could happen.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [18] Dunwall Bridge Is Falling Down

Video Length: 19:11

Surprise, bit of a short one today. Partly due to me being a little strapped for time lately due to life catching up with me (in a good way!) and partly due to… well, you’ll see. Let’s just say that the Arc Pylons are not my friend, and I was wrong about us being able to rub up against something to register as their friend. Which seems stupid as heck to me, given the guards can do that! And that they had a conversation mentioning that was a thing they do! It feels weird for there to just be a… a red herring conversation like that. Though I suppose it makes a little sense, they don’t want to make this too easy now.

At any rate, we warp our way past the first arc pylon, learn with the second pylon that they can’t be destroyed (another thing that’s kinda lame about them, truthfully) and… potentially learn that enemies can wake their friends up from unconsciousness now? It is unclear, it feels like they can but they might not be able to and it’s just a lie/them trying and failing? Regardless, we test the limits of how an enemy can react to and see you today, and it’s a little weird and a little nonsense but otherwise kinda interesting. It’s an interesting place to sneak around, which helps.

But yeah, that’ll be it for today. Hope you all enjoyed (and apologies to DataNinja. You’ll know why when you watch it.) I’ll see you all next time!

1 Like

Okay, let’s continue with some Dishonored.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [19] Curved Surfaces

Video Length: 24:28

In this episode, we continue onward down the street to find Sokolov’s fancy smancy apartment. We end up encountering some River Krusts, which are… decidedly unpleasant, but thankfully don’t count for the kill count. If we DO kill them, we get their pearls which is a pretty decent amount of gold! Whether that’s worth it for the trauma of fighting one of the dang things though, I can’t be sure. And speaking of trauma, we end up finding a lady surrounded by rats! She’s safe, for the most part, and maybe a bit too impatient when it comes to us saving her, but on the whole that’s like, a negative number on our ledger! We SAVED someone’s life! We do so again in the next area of the Kaldwin Bridge neighborhood, taking out some more guards and saving healthy civilians they would have sent to Sokolov for experimentation.

And truthfully, despite the fact that this episode is 24 minutes long, that’s basically all that happens. Games are weird in that I had so much more to say about the shorter videos, but what can you do. Other than just sit back and enjoy the comedy as Zodi proves once and for all what her true arch-nemesis is in this game; curved surfaces.

At any rate, hope you all enjoyed! I’ll see you all next time!

1 Like

It’s time to get back up on that roof, so to say.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [20] Dr Sokolov, I Presume

Video Length: 26:50

In this episode, we clambour our way back up to where Sokolov is, and actually succeed pretty handily at kidnapping the guy. And while I could definitely wander around hunting for that painting of his I missed, I don’t… really see a point. Like yeah it’s a lot of money, but I’m PRETTY loaded (until I spend it all on a lot of upgrades at the end of this) and I don’t really think there is going to be a lot of interesting loot in this area now that we’ve got all the charms and runes (minus the charm we missed at the start that I don’t know how to get). So with a beardy nerd successfully knocked out, and all of his test subjects saved, we head back to Sam and make our way back home.

Unfortunately, home was slightly infected with audio issues. My laptop’s speakers has some weirdness here and there, and sometimes the sound just comes out like this. Not sure how to fix it, since I’m pretty sure it’s just an artifact of my laptop being old and the game being pretty resource heavy since it IS a Bethesda game. Regardless, it doesn’t interfer to much, and with everyone praising our success we can wander around freely, talking to folk and vacuuming loot up into our pockets. Of particular highlight is us being given the Abandoned Apartment key, which reveals a further locked door to “Old Dunwall” which is what we in the business call foreshadowing, and our good good Admiral Havelock friend having intrusive thoughts of “hey what if I was just the ruler of Dunwall that’d be cool right?”. I suspect we are going to be traitored at some point. Maybe it’ll only happen if we’re bloodthirsty, we’ll see.

But yeah, that’ll be it for today! I hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time.

1 Like

Well, last time was fun. Now for the next one.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [21] A Good Tall Boy

Video Length: 25:26

In this episode, we interrogate Anton Sokolov. And by interrogate I mean we give him some brandy (which I call wine as a joke and not because I’m dumb) as opposed to siccing rats on him, since I don’t imagine we can CONTROL the latter, and we want Sokolov to be our friend you know. Through doing so, we learn who the mistress and money source for the opposing conspiracy is; The Mysterious Lady Boyle. We don’t know which of the three sisters it is, because they are apparently obsessed with this idea of anonymity, which I think is actually kinda neat. Especially because, as Sokolov tells us, there is a masked ball tonight held by the Boyles. All we need to do is infiltrate, find out which Boyle is our mark, and handle them in the way we are accustomed. All in all, I really like the set up here.

Of course, it’s easier said than done. We still need to GET to the party, and after all the shinaningans we’ve been pulling the Lord Regent is pulling out all the stops. Say hello to our new friend, the Tall Boy. They are guys in heavy armour, on top of what is essentially a giant, spindly mech suit that is itself pretty heavily armoured. Near I can tell the only way to actually deal with them is to either drop assassinate them, or blow up one of the whale oil tanks on their back. Now, I’m PRETTY sure there’s a person in there, though I cannot be 100% sure, so we won’t be killing the Tall Boy any time soon… as much as I would like to. They’re quite destructive to the local population, especially the Weepers. Though as long as it’s not my direct fault it’s okay.

And really that’s it for today. We didn’t quite make it to the party yet, in part because of the Tall Boy and in part because we do need to explore a bit to find all the good good loot in this area, but it’s worth it. I hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time!

1 Like

Onwards, into more Dishonored.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [22] Blood and Wine

Video Length: 27:34

In this exciting episode, after some flailing around, we finally infiltrate the Boyle Party! The first thing we do, as a dutiful and proper guest, is hand off Pendleton’s missive to Shaw… only for us to be roped into DUELING TO THE DEATH on his behalf. The bastard. My initial thoughts were to use time stop to make this trivial, but then it occurred to me that openly casting wizardry might not be good fitting in. Thankfully, the duel is actually fairly easy, you’re a way faster shot and reaction-time haver than some drunk noble. Shame about the uh… end result, let’s say. Can you handle this in another way? I’m asking because I am genuinely curious.

After that, we learn some stuff about the party that I find fascinating. Of the three Boyle’s we have Red, Black, and White, and we need to discern who is who. Unfortunately… while this IS a very good set up, the actual way it turns out isn’t great? Like, there’s an NPC who tells you for sure which is Waverly, and an NPC that tells you explicitly it is Waverly you want and what dress she’s in and is part of the non-lethal finish. And I get that, it’s a fair and valid thing to have a way to figure out the quest… but it’s just given to you, without any real effort, and if I hadn’t screwed up my ONE CHANCE to talk to the appropriate Boyle, this video likely would have ended the mission entirely. And that feels wrong, and very anti climactic for this sort of set up.

Thankfully, I am a just a little bit unaware of how things can play out due to being blind. So things get a bit more… complicated, let’s say. But that’ll be an issue to resolve next time. Hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all then.

1 Like

Today’s late episode is brought to you by the letter “staying up too late to watch Azumanga Daioh”.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [23] Party Crasher

Video Length: 31:34

Despite the length, not much actually happens in this one! It’s just rather drawn out. In my quest to find a way to get Boyle down to the cellar (as well as just resting my mind on figuring out which Boyle is which, because I don’t trust the game when it tells me who is who because I’m silly and this is blind) we do our first possession of a creature! It’s kinda gross and meaty looking and I love it, for that. It also occurs to me in doing this that possession is pretty great honestly, for infiltration purposes. I should have used it more. After that, we take advantage of the fact that the guard who’s supposed to be guarding the stairs just outright left to enjoy the party to infiltrate the second floor! There, we get our first taste of true power with Time Stop.

After that, I realize that there IS a way to get the Lady Boyle to the cellar without anyone being the wiser, and all it will take is a little finesse. And… then I do it, pretty handedly if I do say so myself. We give Boyle over to her lover, who… proceeds to take her to his private island so they can be in love together F O R E V E R. Which is uh, a little gross, but I recently did some light reading with regards to Dishonored since I may or may not have finished recording the entire game, and the dev’s said they were dumb for making this the nonlethal ending and it’s now canon that after arriving on the island Waverly basically outsmarts him in every way and becomes the new ruler of his personal island, and lives a perfectly happy life herself without any real concerns from anyone. Which is hilarious and I approve of.

Then we return to the Hound’s Pit Pub and do some wrap up, including playing around with our dear ole daughter. What a cutie! But yeah, that’ll be it for today. Hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time.

1 Like

Oh hey, more Dishonored. What a novelty.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [24] Done Wall, Now Tower

Video Length: 24:38

In this exciting episode, we get our briefing from Havelock on what we do next; hunting down the Spymaster turned Lord Regent and putting an end to this little king-maker conspiracy once and for all. To do so, we will be returning to the very first area we visited in the game; Dunwall Tower. They’ve beefed the security up a lot since the Spymaster has become an absolute paranoid wreck in the wake of all of his co-conspirators being taken out, but luckily we’ve hit the point where the amount of skill I’m able to employ matches the level of power we have, and the infiltration goes… pretty damn smooth, if we’re being honest. Some minor hang-ups aside of course.

And that’s really it for this one! We climb our way across the walkways and get into the tower with relative ease. I hope you all enjoyed, next time we’ll be dealing with the contents of said tower! See you all next time.

1 Like

Let’s bag us a spymaster.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [25] In The Drink

Video Length: 32:11

Last time on Dishonored, we began our infiltration of Dunwall Tower, in our attempt on the life of the former Spymaster turned Lord Regent. Today, we begin the infiltration in earnest, as we’re now within the tower itself. There’s a lot of ways to go about dealing with the Lord Regent, especially since if we get spotted or an alarm is rung he’ll hotfoot it to his safe-room! But with the right use of powers… he’ll come to us, completely undefended. Which is how we deal with it, strangling him and shoving him up onto his bed. With that done… I’m at a loss for how to deal with this non lethally! Thankfully, I eventually come to a conclusion and make my way up to the broadcast area, learn the safe combo for the safe in his room, crack it open, and play his secret diary out across the city!

Unsurprisingly, the guards do not appreciate the knowledge that the Lord Regent intentionally brought Bull Rats over from Pandyssia to intentionally kill the power. Our job now done, we make our way back to Samuel so we can celebrate. What’s that you say, the runes in this area might be a shrine to the Outsider that could get you cool dialogue, or there’s a bunch of stuff still left to collect? Those are true! Unfortunately I got caught up in the high of, at least I think, really handling this area well! So nope, it’s time to exfiltrate Dunwall Tower as easily as I got in, make our way to Samuel, and return to the Hounds Pit Pub to celebrate!

Of course, during our celebration I get struck by hubris! Some of the dialogue didn’t play, it was completely blank on my end. What’s worse, around the time this glitch happens for me, the recording decided to glitch out and not record the footage either! I didn’t realize this until after I’d recorded the rest of the game!! So uh… I did my best to repair it in the manner with which I am accustomed. But yeah, we celebrate our victory over the conspirator’s and nothing goes wrong and everything is fine!

… wait, you mean things don’t go fine? Well, it’s okay. We’ll see what the end result of that is Friday. Hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you then!

1 Like

Okay, let’s get back into the swing of things here.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [26] Daud Where’s My Stuff?

Video Length: 22:52

In this exciting episode, we break our way out of where Daud has imprisoned us and begin the journey to get our stuff back. We’ll have to stealthily make our way through the Flooded District, being watchful for dogs, fish, gross river krusts, and Daud’s assassin minions known as Whalers (due to their outfits). We’ve had some encounters with Whalers before, their big deal being that they’re quite good at sword fighting, have the Pull magic that lets them just kinda force grab us, and have rapid fire crossbows! The crossbows are barely significant, but still worth watching out for. All we’ve got is our magic to help us out here, so it’s actually kinda tricky.

Something else that also makes it tricky is uh… there is a slight “thing” the game pulls here that I find kinda weird and frustrating, but also realize is kinda necessary for a number of reasons. The marker for where our stuff is is not an exact location of our stuff. It is instead a bread-crumb guide of sorts, leading us to specific areas. This is in part because the actual location OF our stuff is inside a place we can only get by climbing all the way up, and then climbing all the way down. So directing us in a more… well, direct way is the only way they can do this without it being frustrating. It begs the question of “why do this in the first place” given this is already a stealth game, a forced de-powered stealth section feels like an odd decision, but so it goes.

Also, regarding the… thing, that happens near the end of this one, let’s just say I’m very bad at being subtle about things I’ve accidentally had spoiled for me. Womp womp. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time!

1 Like

Back in the saddle again, if only to post this and vanish into the aether again for at least a few days.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [27] Whalers

Video Length: 29:24

In today’s episode of Dishonored, we can finally take the fight to Daud given that we’ve got all our stuff back finally. We’ll be infiltrating his base and beating up all his fancy, whale powered assassins, and perhaps giving Daud a bit of a spook. Perhaps. The Whalers, as they’re called, are rather interesting enemies. At range they only have crossbows, rapid-fire but also rather piddly damage. They’re not all that dangerous. From melee however they’re kinda scary, given how good they are at swordplay and their Pull magic that mostly disables us. As with most enemies, the best way to deal with them is to just not. Another enemy type in this area, though we only see a bit of it, are the Wolfhounds. Fun fact about this; in the kennel area of our first mission, if we kill all those dogs there, Daud won’t have any dogs here. He liberated them, ad you can find a message in game saying as such. Cool!

In Daud’s home base itself, there’s a couple of really good areas that I only slightly touched on, which is one of the unfortunate parts of a blind playthrough; messing up real cool set pieces. The first of these that I’m aware of is the sneaking area, where one of the Whaler’s is teaching another how to move without being seen in a rather direct and cool reference to Thief. This game never quite plays with shadows the way thief does, except for this one area, and it’s cool. The second set piece I mess up is, unfortunately, the Daud situation.

With Daud, the intent is that your fight with him is NOT lethal. Once you beat him you can spare him or not. I of course, not knowing this, think I screwed up and would have to kill him if we fought, so I just kinda ran my silly ass away. So it goes, sadly. Daud himself is actually a pretty cool character, an assassin who is not so much looking to REPENT as he is feeling bad about the fact that some of the people he killed might have actually been good. It’s fascinating, and I imagine it’s explored more in Daudhonoured: Knife of Brigwall.

The last minor thing I mess up is understand just how debilitating it is to have someone possess you, leading to an… unfortunate situation. Ah well, such is life (and it’s taking). I hope you all enjoyed, next time we uh… we have a fun time. Hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you then.

1 Like

Very briefly slipped my mind to post this today.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [28] Long Train Home

Video Length: 25:47

It occurs to me as I write this that I ended last video’s write up under the assumption that this entire video happened during last time’s video. If you want an idea of how impactful this area is. It’s not that it’s bad by any stretch, it’s just a very simple area to cool down between the whaler’s and what happens next. We have some fun here, and I talk a bit about how the game has felt mechanically so far. The long and short of it; game’s good, and I kinda wish I had played it to completion when I first bought it as opposed to now due to that fun. But on the other hand, having this game just kinda be around to be a blind playthrough was really fun too.

Also, upon reviewing the tapes a bit and replaying some of the game during a violence mode playthrough, I can answer a question I have here. The reaso my grenade did not blow up the door is because, the door it blew up in Sokolov’s stage was BARRICADED, not locked. Something about destroying the barricade also meant the door itself was destroyed, whereas a door being locked means it is indestructible. Good to know.

But yes, that’ll be it for today. Hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time for something ACTUALLY worth an ominous “…interesting”, hehe.

1 Like

Almost missed posting today because my (22 year old) sister texted me at 1 in the fucking morning asking where her koala plushie is.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [29] Granny Dearest

Video Length: 26:25

In this episode, we have a relatively uneventful trip through the sewers as we make our way towards Granny Rags and Slackjaw, and are faced with a tough situation. Do we assist the horrifying rat wizard cultist who worships the scary whale man, or the crime lord who helped us take care of the Pendletons? Truthfully, this is an easy question; unlike some people, Slackjaw didn’t (accidentally or not) have an army of rats try to eat us. So we have another case of intentional murder on our part, but it’s probably the most Correct instance of it in the game probably.

As far as boss fights go, this one is actually pretty decent really? She’s warping around shooting blasts of Wind and summoning rats, all of which are powers we can do which is cool, but otherwise she’s not actually difficult in any real sense since she’s just an old lady. The trick is to finding and destroying her cameo portrait, which is a cool idea! It’s not the best boss fight in any real sense, but given what this game is about it’s basically the only way they COULD make a boss fight.

After that, we bid farewell to Slackjaw and make our way out of the sewer and finally, back into the Hound’s Pit Pub, where we meet up with that one nice lady servant… and learn that basically immediately after we were ditched in the flooded district Havelock slaughtered everyone who isn’t a noble, only sparing Callista because he owes her uncle. We also start to get an idea of the multiple reasons why they betrayed us and murdered everyone, and we start to see Zodi The Writer shine through as I get a wee bit annoyed with it, but in like a good way since we’re not yet at what I would call my full issues with this entire scenario. We’ll touch on that once we get to the end game.

But yeah, that’ll be it for today! Hope you all enjoyed, I’ll see you all next time. Take care.

1 Like

Today, let’s begin trying to unravel Havelock and companies stupid stupid plans.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [30] Dirty Rotten Hounds

Video Length: 29:52

In this episode, we begin our quest to beat the crap out of Havelock and is goons, and recover our daughter. Unfortunately, neither of those particular people are here, so instead we’ll have to settle wit strangling a large amount of Havelock’s dumb guards. Now, all things being equal; this rules. Using the hub, which we’ve returned to enough times to feel familiar and to have an idea of where everything is and how to navigate it pretty easily, as the penultimate sneaking challenge because now it’s full of guards and tall boys is honestly kind of fantastic. There’s a lot to unpack here, and a lot for us to deal with.

And me being me, I kinda… futz around a bit. Blind playthroughs yo! That being said I do accomplish everything the game sets out for me, finding information on Emily, finding the cool wall painting Emily did for us, beating up a fair amount of people, and eventually helping the now friendly with each other Sokolov and Piero createa resonance cascade that knocks out every guard in the area so we can all escape. Or, well, not quite escape for everyone. We have a date with Havelock that we need to go to, and Sam’s our ride.

That’s it for this one, honestly. It’s got some good moments. And uh… next time, we’ll be finishing he game! I hope you’re all excited! I’ll see you all next time!

1 Like

And so it goes.

Zodi Plays: Dishonored [31] [FINALE] A Great Age Ending

Video Length: 42:28

We make our way to Kingsparrow Island, to clambour our way up to the top of the lighthouse to beat up a jerk and save our daughter. It couldn’t be any simpler than that, and yet… there’s a lot going on in this one. It’s a bright sunny day, the guards are up to their job as always, and we need to sneak our way in. We have every tool we need, all we need provide is the skill to execute it. And so we do. Havelock and his droogs feared that if we did turn on them we’d be unstoppable. It’s time to show them they were right.

From a mechanical and story standpoint I love this final area. It’s kind of a culmination of everything, and at least on the path I took involves basically using a little bit of everything we have to get through it. I am, in a sense, thrilled with how GOOD I seem to be in this one. Doing risky and dangerous plays with confidence and acumen. It’s quite cool. The level is set up so there’s clearly a ton of paths to the top, and it feels a such. Story wise it’s the final bastion, the final holdout. It’s a really impressive place, a fortified light house which doesn’t seem like it’d be all that defensible, but then you realize it’s a very tall building with exactly one way up it. Not a lot of ways to climb an entire lighthouse, after all. But we’ve cracked every defense so far.

And at the top… well, we see something that I find very silly. It makes some degree of sense, and writing wise it’s actually good, but as I mentioned previously this is just too much explanation. Havelock being a fool who wanted to manipulate Emily makes sense. Corvo will always protect her, can’t puppet the government when someone who can cut strings is there. But not only does Havelock have that, he also has “if the world sees the bad we did, they will turn on us” which is… not how this works and doesn’t super gel with everything else. There’s also the idea that nobles are supposed to be seen as noble, a thing from the real world where the nobility seek to appear as pure and pristine as the title suggests. I can understand that, not wanting to be seen having dirtied their hands… but again, that’s not how that works. And I feel one could safely argue that doing all this skulduggery to save the country from someone who murdered the queen and infested the city with plague rats is um… a good thing? And then they also add on what we see here; the melancholy of Admiral Havelock. Doubting himself, doubting his sure-foot actions. It feels excessive. As does uh, killing the other co-conspirators. Welp. But yeah, this is my main issue with the writing in the game. Havelock having a multitude of reasons is too much, for one specific reason. If we kept it with the “he got power hungry and Corvo will stop him from manipulating Emily” then that’s all well and good. Still clearly a mistake, but reasonable. But adding all the other reasons makes the first motive weaker, because it all continues to brush up on “Corvo literally took over the entire country for you in less than a week”. Every additional reason added to the pile makes Corvo’s stance more complex as well… and in a straight fight of logic, all of Havelock’s paranoia and overthinking adds up to “don’t do a traitor Corvo will fucking murder you”. So if they had kept it simple, there wouldn’t be as much thinking directed towards his reasoning, thus not piling on how traitoring us is the worst idea imaginable.

To put it bluntly; Havelock deserves what he gets. The co-conspirators do too of course, but Havelock most of all bought his ticket videos ago. And with Havelock gone… we can finally save Emily. Happy end.

And like I said above… so it goes. We have completed Dishonored, and I can say definitively that this game RULES. I loved doing this, loved my experience as a blind player, and very much enjoyed basically every part of this game. It kinda drags a bit around the Daud part, the ending taking a bit too long to ramp up to Kingsparrow Island, but it works. As has been discussed I find Havelock’s many reasons for doing a traitor to be excessive, sometimes less is more in a situation like this. I found it… rather cool that this is how they chose to end the game, though I do second the opinion that being as non-lethal as me should have prooobably ended at the bar scene. This is of course another reason why less is more at times as said above. Ah well, it’s fine. Like, this is my only writing complaint in the game and it’s honestly kind of a small one. Gameplay wise it did feel like sometimes the game just… didn’t work properly, but given what the game was trying to do overall that’s kind of one of those reasonable “yeah I get that” situations. Sometimes your massive overlapping systems brush up poorly against each other. It happens. Mechanically though the game plays pretty much perfect, it just needs some more non-lethal options.

So yeah. That was Dishonored. Thank you all very much for watching. I loved playing it, and I hope you all enjoyed. Thanks to my supporters on Patreon, and thanks to those who watch at all. We’ve been through a lot here, and I’m glad to see you stick with me to the end. I’m going to take a week long break to relax. And this time an ACTUAL week. So join me next time, on November 11th… for The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. Oh booooy.

1 Like

And here is the next LP, so we can call this one done. @moderators you can put this thread away.