Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers: Zen and the Art of Deck Maintenance

I wouldn’t call my visible pores “gross” per se but they’re there

1 Like

Oof, I’m sorry about being rude, I just wasn’t thinking.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, in our preparation for the final qualifying race in the Wheelie Breakers Championship, we’re stopped once again by the cops! This time, we’re forced to face off against Officer Trudge, who you may remember from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series. The other cops are still accusing us of stealing our Virtual Terminal, and so it’s time for us to prove our innocence by racing and riding against the big man himself! Can we stop Trudge, or will his lockdown style be too much for us to run away from?

4 Likes

I knew I recognized Trudge’s design from somewhere. He’s the money guy! I’m glad he recovered from what was likely a rather slow painful death given the Pharoah never makes any qualms about his punishments ever…ending.

“Things he found in the trash” rolls past Graceful Charity

I’d like to see at the end an example of you lapping an opponent, if only because that must be SUPER fast.

:siren: SUPER UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, we’re joined by BeamSplash as we take on the final qualifying race for the Wheelie Breakers championship! It’s a two race video this time, showcasing both of the competitors, each of which have psychic abilities! First up is Akiza, a character who can make battle damage real, and then we face off against Luna, a young girl with a connection to the Duel Spirit World! Watch out as we talk about the troubled production of 5D’s and the way that it ended up affecting the characters and development of the series as a whole!

:siren: ALSO PODCAST TIME! :siren:

[b]YouTube

MP3 Download[/b]

With the end of the season comes new possibilities, but for now we’re looking back on all the shows we finished during the summer! We recount our way through several good shows, some that didn’t live up to their potential, and the anomaly that is Vatican Miracle Examiner! Look out for Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS chat as well! It was a good season to be watching anime.

I’d like to see at the end an example of you lapping an opponent, if only because that must be SUPER fast.

If I don’t do it in the Grand Prix video, I’ll see if I can grab footage of it. It’s pretty inconsistent but I’ve definitely pulled it off.

3 Likes

I’m genuinely annoyed a decently written strong female character got so fucked up because of friggin anime bird boys.

Luna’s front ponytails are one of the worst things I’ve…ever seen? Ever? Why is this a design they made?

God bless those flaming skulls.

Why is there a clown in this series?

Also I looked up Crow’s design and wow he looks like Generic Thug Teen.

Never really cared for Crow Hogan but man do I love the Blackwing cards designs. I may be part of the problem.

I feel like the designs just got cranked up to 11 without much payoff. There was a reason Yugi’s design worked so well, and I don’t think they understand it at this point.

Well he grew up performing in a family circus, but I actually assume that his makeup is a cultural or possibly genetic thing, since we eventually meet his wife and child who have similar markings on their face. That said he works for the government and therefore is a certified clown.

1 Like

Today, it’s time for our first proper race in the Wheelie Breakers Championship! We’re joined by FutureFriend as we face off against two of the roughest dudes in the duel racing business: Hunter Pace and Bolt Tanner! Will our discussions of alternative Yu-Gi-Oh! canon and politics be enough to take these two down, or will we wipe out in our debut? Let’s rev it up!

2 Likes

:siren: SUPER UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it’s time for the semi-final match, and we’re facing off against a real tough guy! Greiger is no joke, and neither are his military-themed monsters. To face off against such a dangerous opponent, we’re bringing Leo’s deck, which is just a bunch of transforming toys! Can our mockery of machinery defeat Greiger’s incredible bike, or will we be left in the dust?

:siren: ALSO PODCAST TIME! :siren:

YouTube

MP3 Download

It’s time to suit up for a new adventure! My friends Jay and Hobo join me to discuss Lupin III’s latest adventure and his journey through Italy! It’s a good time with plenty of wild adventures, and some good emotional arcs and story development for Lupin and his merry band of cohorts.

3 Likes

I love the idea that in stopping Greiger from running his giant skull bike into the main villain, Yusei actually makes it more bad because now a chunk of death spike is hurtling towards him. Also…god the way you describe 5Ds really makes me want to watch it, but a friend wants to watch Arc5 first.

I haven’t watched the Lupin 3 video yet, but I’m excited. I’ve heard the Lupin 2015 anime goes some interesting places (and is more manga accurate, for better or worse) so it’ll be fun to see how it compares to the goofy movies I’m familiar with.

Greiger eventually gets a new bike to share with his siblings after all the trouble of season 2.

A nice friendly version with a sidecar.

And trust me when I say the new Lupin is plenty goofy. It’s not The Woman Called Fujiko Mine or anything, which might be what you’re thinking of.

yeah the character specific lupin movies often tend to be very noir inspired, whereas normal lupin is intensely goofy and usually just “lupin the horndog tries to steal a thing and usually gets outplayed by fujiko”

Sweet, good to know. I’ll get to it once I clear out this backlog of stuff to watch.

Also that’s adorable. Do you think having a motorcycle with a side car would make tag/2v2 duels feasible in this universe?

They do have a game called Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Tag Force 5 so it could be possible.

Today, it’s time for our final match in the Wheelie Breakers Championship! And the last challenge is going to test our limits as we face off against the two strongest boys, Yusei Fudo and Jack Atlas! Can we wrestle the glory from the main characters and take the gold, or will we be left in the dust but their superior skills? It’s all or nothing on the final story update of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Wheelie Breakers!

We’ve got one more episode to go where we show off the Grand Prix mode, and then that’s it for this little adventure into weird licensed games.

2 Likes

The phrase “even Kaiba wouldn’t do that” has always been a hilarious thing for me, because it reminds me of a line from the series proper. A line that is immediately followed up by him murdering two mind slaves while pushing them into the ocean. He would INCREDIBLY do that, he made a theme park around murdering Yugi and his friends.

Also god Jack really does have a bit of helmet hair doesn’t he.

2 Likes

I can’t be the only person to see Lazar for the first time and think “oh they have a Frieza”