Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Wheelie Breakers: Zen and the Art of Deck Maintenance

The D’s stand for the 5 dummies that are part of the Otaku Trash Machine.

2 Likes

What the 5 D’s stand for is super obvious to any fan of the 4kids translations. It stands for D-D-D-D-Dueling.

9 Likes

The D’s stand for Doug Dimmadome, owner of the Dimmsdale Duelists’ Dimmadome

1 Like

The D’s stand for Deez Nuts. There are five nuts

1 Like

The D’s stand for Diners, Drive-Ins, Dives, Duelists, and Dmotorcycles

3 Likes

God bless that handlebar moustache, spike ass beard, and gigantic pompador. I love stupid character designs like this.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, Jordan and I ride solo as we enter the first race of the Wheelie Breakers Championship qualifiers! First up, we’re going up against Leo, the spunky kid that, in a different series, might have been the protagonist. We talk a little about how his deck helped show the diversity of Duel Monsters in that era, we upstage Leo with his sister’s deck, and we pop our first wheelie of the game!

3 Likes

Professor, please calm down! zigzix

I hate to be the girl to say it but jeez, the hair in this series is ridiculous aint it. Chill out Doc.

Goodness, that man’s hair looks kind of like a sorcerer-grade flared collar. (if that’s the right term)

And I’m not quite sure what drove me to whip this up, but here’s a dramatic re-enactment of race 2;

yugi

I’m not sure where this plot is going since I’ve never seen the anime, but I’m sure this game will be uh, something alright. Guess I’m tuning in for the long haul.

5 Likes

Yugioh hair has always been more ridiculous than regular anime. Wait till you see the protagonist from Zexal

The best one is Yusaku/Playmaker from the newest Yu-Gi-Oh! series VRAINS. Unlike past protagonists he doesn’t just have 1 really dumb hairstyle, he has two.

1 Like

Finally, a protagonist who comes in the “Cotton Candy” and “Pink Lemonade” flavors of Bubble Yum.

He’s the Galactic Pretty Boy?!

He looks like he could star in a really avant-garde adaptation of The Pit and the Pendulum.

Announcer boy, I mean.

HE CAN’T CALM DOWN!!!

4 Likes

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, Jordan and I are joined by Hobotron, for easily the weirdest episode so far! Continuing our way through the Wheelie Breakers preliminaries, we find ourselves up against the old chief of the Facility, Armstrong! Can this powerful and corrupt ex-warden stop our ascent through the ranks, or will we bust through his security to the finish line? Rev it up!

:siren: ALSO PODCAST TIME! :siren:

YouTube

MP3 Download

The seasons are changing, both in real life and in anime! And so it’s time for Xain and I to look at all of the shows coming out next season and decide what we’re gonna watch, what we’re keeping our eye on, and what we can’t be bothered with. Some slight discussion of Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS happens, which we’ll expand upon in two weeks for our Summer Review episode!

3 Likes

Imagine getting fired from a job and then using virtual reality games to escape your life only to be forced to race in a facsimile of your workplace.

3 Likes

You guys were talking about decks with legitimate strategies and such in the second video and it reminded me of something from a couple years ago. I remember an old thread about absurd things you can do by making rules interact in unforeseen ways in tabletop games, and it branched out into CCGs as well. YuGiOh seemed to come up a lot in a sort of inverse way to most of the stories in the thread; a number of cards seemed like they were specifically designed to be part of weird niche strategies, but had no actual utility beyond this one specific capacity, or else called on mechanics that literally didn’t exist in the game.

To be honest it’s weird to me that it even still exists, all things considered.

Yugioh is kind of the Antithesis of Magic the Gathering, and both have to exist for the world to stay in balance. One is methodically planned out, sometimes to the point of overplanning and missing minor details that become gigantic, horrible archetypes and the other is Yugioh.

Also do people really have gross visible pores like that? Cause I see it a lot in media, but never in real life.