You see that Zach? LP... in the coffee - Let's Play Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut

Ah okay :slight_smile: Hopefully I will able to get a good chunk of CH01 stuff done this weekend and have a new video sooner than later!

1 Like

Video for CH01 is now live!

2 Likes

It seems Swery has a thing for “fortunes” then, huh? It gets a little more direct in D4, however:

(Ignore the spelling mistakes, the letters kind of “glitch out” every few seconds.)

But what’s this???

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!

2 Likes

It means he’s the 65th one.

Damn Polly that is just overkill on the amount of food you’ve prepped. Also damn Polly can single handedly prepare a metric shitton of food.

Every part of the breakfast scene is the best thing. Even the little details, like the Agent Honor spinning away in the background, make it amazing.

Clearly there are so few animals in the game because the hunters have killed so many of them.

I recorded a bunch of footage of playing CH 01 on Saturday. I talked to all of the available characters, did a bunch of Side Missions, and collected loads of Agent Honor Red and Trading Cards around the main thoroughfares of Greenvale…and the game footage right now runs about 4 hours with the loading screens speed up 800%

Before I finish up the chapter by giving the correct key to Thomas and close out the video I still need to record all the rainy day conversations and complete Emily’s first Side mission which will probably add another hour?

So right now I’m debating whether to speed up the fishing, darts, racing, OW replay, and the agent honor/card collecting bits to 200% or leave them all at normal speeds to cut my time down an hour.

I don’t want to make too many jump cuts right now because I want the scope of Greenvale shown and just where I’m finding the honor and cards and where everyone lives in town. More jump cuts will however will be employed in the rainy day segments I still need record since how I got to places won’t be important and York’s driving conversations have been exhausted for this chapter.

So my question is this… should I speed up the footage like 200% when I’m just collecting honor/cards and completing one of the races? Or is that annoying to watch?

I’m already for sure speeding up the fishing segments (outside of the first one I do), the Milk Barn crate pushing, playing darts and my Otherworld replay since those are kind of boring to watch in real time anyway.

I also really wanted to keep each each update game play from a single chapter but given the length of CH01 so far I’m fearful one video would just be too long. Do you guys prefer two 2-2.5 hour videos or just one super long video that will encompass the entire chapter?

I’d say split the videos up, and speed through the mini games and collecting.

If you do the minigames more than once, you could play the first time at normal speed and double the rest of them. That way the viewer gets the pacing of it the first time around. Mainly I think it’d give you extra time to describe whatever it is you’re doing. Or in the case of stuff like the racing minigame, allows particular music tracks to play normally. I’d also say split the video.

Thanks @White_Coke and @Fefnir!

I was planning on showing like the first race, fishing, etc in real time just so people get the feel of it :smiley: I sped up some of the sections last night and I’m down an hour woot!

Will there be comically sped up music or dialogue?

Nope, it was a little annoying so I silenced the sped up portions of the video and placed the background music originally used in the scene in its place.

Hey guys since I won’t be able to get a video up for you this week I thought I would give an update on my progress.

I have everything I want to show in Rainy/Clear Weather conditions in CH02 recorded and pieced together in Adobe Elements.

I’ve sped up the load screens, the OW replay, some of my Agent Honor collecting, and the fishing/race/dart playing as well. I even cut the travel footage going back and forth between places when showing off the optional conversations.

Even with all those edits made the whole whole video still runs around 4 hours and 17min :scream:

I still need to record all my commentary, which I won’t be able to do until next weekend, so it will be another week (or two) before I can get the CH02 content up. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

CH02 video is now up!

3 Likes

Oh wow. It’ll probably take me several days to get through this video, but I think it’s going to be worth it.

1 Like

York’s movie conversations are already pretty great, but knowing they were based on conversations SWERY had is just fantastic.

1 Like

And I’m all caught up. York is a huge dork and it’s great.

2 Likes

CH03 video is now up!

3 Likes

I thought York was smoking because he knew where he was, but it did take him a moment to notice those vines. He really was going to smoke in the hospital. What a jerk.
I never thought I’d see a Deadly Premonition board game, of all things, but it looks really cool. The artwork’s pretty nice as well.

1 Like

I swear York is such a jerk with his smoking! It’s amazing how often he’ll just ignore the no smoking signs and does what he pleases. Will you be picking up the board game? :slight_smile: