Where in the world are we coming from?

Same. It took me 30 years to get out. You can do it, it’s worth it.

1 Like

Been living in Minnesota most of my life. Moved to the Twin Cities area last year after being out in the country for far too long.

1 Like

Los Angeles, BAYBEE

Come on over to Universal Studios, see the shrek and the donkey and the minions and all your favorite memes from 2015!

1 Like

I’m from California but I moved around a few states when I was really young, lived in Turkey (very briefly), Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and now I’ve been stuck in Utah for the past 10 years.

1 Like

So you went from some Muslim majority countries to a Mormon majority state? Interested on your thoughts considering certain Christians are all so very concerned with Muslims making Sharia law the law of the land (they don’t know what Sharia law is :ssh:) but completely silent on Mormons passing all kinds of religiously weighted laws and regulations on like alcohol and stuff. Funny how freedom of religion and separation of church and state works.

Scotland here. (So UK technically but that may or may not change in the future depending on whether or not indyref 2 happens and how it turns out. Also dependent on how good Andy Murray is at tennis on any given occasion. Make of that what you will!)

It’s nice and peaceful up here, but it’s kinda lonely, fairly cold living next to the sea, and the roads in the northeast where I live are the most dangerous around, according to recent statistics.

1 Like

Can’t blame you. I always get really nostalgic whenever I’m being driven around up there. It’s either that or just disbelief that traffic can move that fast for big stretches of time. The alcohol’s cheaper up there too, last I checked.

It’s possible I just haven’t found my niche here. There are places I like here but none I have a particular affinity for, if you follow.

Finland. It’s supposed to be cold here I guess but I dunno. Doesn’t seem that cold to me ever. I live near the center of the world if locals are to be believed. (Kuopio’s market is called “maailman napa”; center of the world.)

1 Like

Ireland here, Dublin specifically.

It’s grey and wet outside.

1 Like

Stockholm, Sweden! :snowman: :skier:***
I moved south for uni a couple of years ago, but other than that I’ve never lived anywhere else.

(***not actually particularly snowy in the central part of the country, other than the single mandatory one-day snowstorm you get once a year most years that still manages to take public transport by surprise every time.)

1 Like

Born and raised in Aberdeen, Scotland. Recently moved down to Edinburgh and hoping to stick around it for a while.

2 Likes

The snow dump in November was pretty damn brutal. I thought getting to work in Winter was gonna be hell for months but apparently it stopped snowing almost entirely after that :expressionless:

Lawn Guyland, NY. Don’t ever live here, it’s expensive. ):

1 Like

The deep south.

I’m in Georgia and it sucks. Planning to move to Seattle after college.

2 Likes

lol the only place I have an affinity for around here is my local coffee shop :V

i always feel bad when friends visit and want me to show them around but the only places I know are the super touristy places that they already know about. They’re good ok!!! i love museums and stuff

there’s at least one decent video game bar in London - Loading. got a p decent selection of board games as well as a nice basement lounge. i just wish it wasn’t so far out of my way to get to. Draughts is a nice board game bar/cafe too. and there’s Ziferblat in shoreditch, which is a nice lounge/co-working type space. so I guess those are some ideas, if you’re curious about them

Ooh my fiancee and I are taking a trip to Dublin in October. Any recommendations for touristy shit we shouldn’t waste our time with?

Originally from Ohio, now going to school in Chicago.

Oh, hi. :staredog:

2 Likes

Viking splash tour, went on it for a work thing and it was incredibly dumb and boring since you learn nothing about the city and the whole car-boat thing isn’t great when it goes incredibly slow in the water and you go in a short circle down at Grand Canal Docks.

When we hit the water in the boat/car a seagull shat on a nearby tourist, was a pretty good tell for how bad it was.

1 Like

Rhode Island.

You can’t see it but I used a to-scale emoji right there.

1 Like