Where in the world are we coming from?

Hi everyone!

I’ve been really happy to see all the people signing up and saying hi, and I was wondering about the country demographics of visitors to the forum. I suspect a majority are from the USA, but where else are people from? I’m from Sydney, Australia and it is crazy hot right now.

(Please don’t keep silent if you are from the USA - I’d like to get a good picture and you are an important part!)

Also if you feel that speaking about your location could put you at any risk please don’t feel pressure to say anything.

EDIT: Totals thus far

USA = 41
AUS = 7
UK = 11
Mexico = 1
NZ = 2
Canada = 7
Norway = 1
Indonesia =1
Sweden = 3
Germany = 3
Portugal = 1
Chile = 1
Colombia = 1
Finland = 1
Ireland = 1
France = 1
Iceland = 1
Italy = 1

(I’m sorry if it takes a while to tack your posts/countries, I’m using “likes” to keep track and so I’m limited by how much I can do in a day)

Stay safe and well folks!

1 Like

I’m from New York, the island part, not the city part.

1 Like

Californian-born, Oregon resident, currently living and attending college in Utah right here.

1 Like

Californian, native to the good part, currently living in a bad part, will soon be moving to a slightly-less-bad-but-still-bad part. Insert your own interpretations of which places I’m referring to as you so desire.

2 Likes

Louisiana, from the part that is always on fire.

Oh wait, it’s hot here all the time. Everywhere.

1 Like

People from the humid lands don’t get to say that when we’re regularly on actual fire. :<

Born in southern California, moved to Oklahoma, then Colorado, then Texas, now Massachusetts.

1 Like

I’ve seen footage of Californian fires and they are just as scary as any I’ve seen in Aus. I’m glad we have a culture of sharing volunteer emergency fire-fighters with the USA!

New Mexico here! Moving back to Virginia in April!

1 Like

I’m from the US, currently living in Kansas City (the Missouri side).

1 Like

I’m from Des Plaines, Illinois, only a few minutes from O’Hare airport.

1 Like

I am in Washington state on the west coast of the USA, on the very very rainy side instead of the very dry wheat-filed side!

1 Like

Wollongong, in NSW, Australia.
Just one more month until autumn, when the country becomes habitable again

1 Like

Born and raised New York, the city part, and currently living and working in western CT

1 Like

I’m in the UK. It’s cold here. It’s also 6am right now! I have a weird sleeping schedule!

1 Like

Gold Coast, Australia over here. I’m told we’ve got nice beaches, but I stay away from them on account of the sun and sand and dreadful fear of strangers asking me questions

1 Like

México, the North American country everyone forgets about.

1 Like

I’ve been a resident of Seattle, WA for about 18 months, though I’m originally from northern Ohio (mostly Toledo, partially Cleveland). Moved west because my fiancee is from Portland (about 3 hours drive south) and she wanted to live closer to her family.

2 Likes

I’m from NZ, Welly in particular. The weather’s been incredibly temperamental of late. Very glad to see this level of support for these forums.

1 Like

Melbourne, Australia! Zero-ELEC, I could never forget Mexico - I spent my honeymoon there. Can’t wait to get back!

2 Likes