When the fire fades, the ash will rise... Let's Play Dark Souls 3

update

Guest Commentator: @Meowtroid

Back from a little hiatus with some more Dark Souls!!!

We’re going to finish up the rest of the main game for the most part. We’ll be saving the end for, well, the end. In the mean time, I prove how good I am at fighting a boss and then how average I am at beating a boss.

There’s also a couple of quest lines coming to an end…

3 Likes

Lothric and Lorian is one of my favorite fights. I just like how it builds and the music is awesome. It’s a suitable climax for the Lothric series of areas.

1 Like

They’re definitely one of my favs too possibly one of my favorite boss fights in any game.

1 Like

update

Guest Commentator: @dimbosama

Before we officially get started with the DLCs, there’s a bit of optional content we didn’t get to, and we’ve got someone new to join in the revelry of these horrible snake people and there eight-legged brethren…

So, you know, “here there be dragons” and all that.

And what the fuck is a horse stance???

2 Likes

I have to ask how many people here tried to kill the ancient wyvvern the hard way initially? I probably stubbornly did at least 10 attempts before going for the easy way. Outside of that the weird roly poly enemies are apparently called rock lizards.

update

Guest Commentator: @dimbosama

We’re going to wrap up our journey to Archdragon Peak with the boss battle to end all boss battles™! For now, anyway.

There’s also a few cameos from NPCs that decided we’re worth killing, sooo… yay!

Regarding the boss fight: It turns out the the “King of the Storm” moniker was added in the English translation and does not exist in the original Japanese, so my naming the dragon King of the Storm is both not technically wrong and totally up to interpretation!! But, at least to me, it makes more sense for the dragon to have that name.

2 Likes

update

Guest Commentators: @Enrel and @IFS

It’s time for the Ashes of Ariandel DLC, featuring a vast winter wonderland and my co-commentators doing their best to kill me…

4 Likes

update

After a torrent of puns, I’d say the best follow-up is the most obvious joke! And only eighteen videos in the making!!

For the PVP duel arenas stuff, I won’t be showing it off in the LP simply because it’s just PVP in areas set aside for PVP, and we’ll be getting plenty of PVP fights in the videos to come.

The medals/badges/honor that I talk about look like this, and only appear for me on this menu (at least, that’s the only place I’ve been able to see it). They will appear next to my name for other players when I’m summoned.

duel honor

The little, gray badge is hard to make out, but that’s the first one you can get. Duel badges appear to be cumulative, so if I lose a couple of matches in a row, I could lose my badge .There are four badges, in ascending order: iron, bronze, silver, gold.

Oddly enough, duel badges persist between characters, as I have not used the PVP arenas with this character, and yet I have a duel badge. (Or maybe it’s a bug where characters with the same names accidentally share a badge, who knows.)

2 Likes

Nobody said “ladder”, but Lobo did guess Gilligan so I think that should count.

Yeah, I’m not sure where he even pulled Gilligan from, out of all of the Dark Souls NPCs there have been. Maybe because he mentioned Gilligan in the last episode, or the fact that I kept dodging questions about ladders.

1 Like

update

Look. Platforming is difficult in this game and I’m not owned you can’t prove that I’ve ever been owned!!!

1 Like

Those claw crows are 5% crow and 95% Voldo.

It’s a good thing you went through all that rooftop Assassin’s Creed bullshit. Surely the crow weapons are worth it!

At first I thought you were dedicated to your ladder denying gimmick when you insisted on doing that unintended jump to the rooftops instead of using the ladder. But then you used the ladder. Now I think you just want to get the angry backseat gamer out in me that gestures wildly in front of the screen and yells at you to go that other way that is easier. You almost got dark IGgy out. But not today.

1 Like

But Iggy, if I don’t show you what it’s like to be bad at the game, how would you ever know what it’s like?

if this episode was revenge for the puns last time, would you say it was the punishment episode? Also this DLC was finally what killed my run through of DS3, I got to the last phase of the last boss in it and then died fifty times.

2 Likes

Well… yeah, I… Exactly! I was never bad, ever. Especially not when I first learned each game. Sorry for doubting you, I finally know what it’s like thanks to you.

Getting flashbacks to how much I hated this dlc.

7 Likes

holy shit