What'cha cooking or eating?

Cooking dinner or out at a restaurant? Post pictures of your food ITT. (Also share recipes! Feel free to show slide shows of progress! Got weird cuisine? I wanna see that too! GO HOG WILD!)

I cooked some dinner, have a look.

In this picture is probably going to be my dinner for the next two weeks. I like to bulk cook because I have some issues and it can be difficult for me to cook every day. In this picture are 16 drum sticks, a sweet onion, a green bell pepper, a yellow bell pepper, some yoghurt and random spices from the spice cabinet (cumin, cardamom, salt, cloves, paprika, turmeric, black pepper, garlic, cinnamon, red chilli, and morich) I had no idea, at the time, if it would taste good but it turned out alright.

1 Like

Next time I make some baked goods I will certainly document it. That chicken looks rad!

I got an airfryer and a bread machine for Christmas so I’ve been making plenty of bread and other stuff. I plan on cooking some stuff this weekend so I’ll post that here.

Uuuugggghhhhh that chicken looks so good.

Tonight we had what would happen if you made a from-scratch baked macaroni & cheese but instead of macaroni you used brussels sprouts. We did this on purpose believe it or not, because it’s much lower calorie that way and that’s something we unfortunately have to be conscious of due to holiday binging.

I’d much rather be eating your food.

At my in-laws and we’ve got chicken masala, saag paneer, and chickpeas. Should be tasty.

Also I see there is another food thread that has dethroned my food thread, RIP.

1 Like

Made some sag aloo the other day. And by “sag aloo” I mean “potato with some spinach and seasoning”.

Yeah, next time I make it: LESS POTATO. Important life-lesson.

No such thing as too much potato, imo.

There is when making sag aloo, as I have discovered.

Like, it wasn’t bad, it’s just I would’ve liked to have tasted some of the sag.

I’m rather patial to asian cuisine in general. I’m thinking I’ll do thai style chick pea and tofu curry tomorrow for my girlfriend and me. It anyone’s interested, I’ll post some pictures and a recipe for that.

EDIT: Just saw Dijon put up a thread for recipes, so I’ll put the recipe there.

Bread bread bread - one whiteish and one wholemeal :smiley:

It was only somewhat recently that I started learning to cook, but tuna noodle casserole is pretty easy to make.

Dinner tonight at the Cheez-Burg household:

Asian Chicken & Rice:
Chicken tenderloins in a marinade of…
Crushed Garlic
Green Onions
Mirin
Soy Sauce
Sesame Oil
Pepper

Before:

After (plus some onions stir-fried in soy sauce):

It was awesome.

6 Likes

Aw jeez, are there 2 cooking threads now?
(There’s also, Let’s Fillet! The Cooking Thread)

Well, I made cookies tonight…

Mega Cookie

The Recipe:

2 Likes

Looking at what I ate today, you might notice a theme.

Breakfast: Bread and coffee

Lunch: Broccoli rabe and brown rice soup

Dinner: Lentil, spinach, and rice soup, and bread

1 Like

Attempted a quick cooking video setup.
Here, I made what I’m gonna call “The Zebra Special”

I have rehearsals on Monday nights so I have a bad habit of getting takeout for dinner after work because I don’t have time to cook. So instead, I made a big ol’ pot of black beans last night (using this recipe) for my girlfriend and I to eat with rice between work and rehearsal. Being responsible! Hooray!

Starting to cook with dried beans instead of canned has been a big step up for me, especially once I learned that you don’t have to soak black beans before you cook them as long as you’re willing to cook them for an extra half hour or so.

I’ll have pictures of some of the other meals for this week later. They’re much more photogenic.

It seems to be that almost every time I make spaghetti bolognese I seem to do something differently. This time it was adding paprika, which worked quite well. Chorizo is still the best ‘unconventional’ thing to add to a spag-bol though.

I don’t have any photos of it but tonight’s going to be leftovers from yesterday, which was thai yellow curry:

Saute:

• 1 yellow onion, diced
  • 1 jalapeno, diced (my fiancee can’t take much more spice than this :frowning: )
  • 1 inch of ginger, minced
  • 1 lb soy & lemongrass-flavored tempeh (we did this for calorie reasons, you could of course use meat instead)

Add & let fry a little bit:

• 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 cup yellow curry paste (I have yet to make this from scratch, though some weekend soon I think…)
  • 1/4 cup fish sauce (use soy instead to make this a vegan dish)
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp minced cilantro stems

Add & let simmer until veg is done:

• 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced
  • 1/2 cup shelled edamame

Top with the cilantro leaves you had leftover from step 2 & serve with rice

1 Like

Made a tater tot casserole today since I didn’t have to go in to work.

Out at a diner for brunch with the in-laws and I ordered this delicious SOS chopped beef.

It was quite salty but incredibly tasty!