What are you playing this week?

I’m a big fan of Drinkbox games, as well as a melee-based metroidvania. I recommend ‘mutant blobs attack’ if you got a vita (I forget if they ported it to steam too)

Thanks :slight_smile: It’s on Steam, which is lucky cause I don’t have a Vita. I’ll take a look at it once I get around to charging up my paypal again :slight_smile:

I’m playing Dark Souls III now because I was informed there was a ridiculous axe in it and I have a ridiculous axe addiction and cannot say no to ridiculous axes.

…this means I’m kind of neglecting my To the Moon LP. It’s okay, friends. Think of the axes.

1 Like

just so long as you don’t…axe the LP

4 Likes

More of Guacamelee for me. Am I just a baby, or is that game fucking hard? I constantly get confused about the button inputs, which makes the jumping puzzles kind of a pain. Probably doesn’t help that I’m not used to the XBox controller either. Just doesn’t feel right for me for some reason, not yet anyway.

I tried Severed, another Drinkbox game. I couldn’t manage it. Maybe it’s because I’m not used to Vita screen swiping or bad hand eye coordination.

Haven’t been playing much this week. Mostly my usual rounds of PSO2, because I was itching to play anime dress up. I ended up blowing all my meseta on a new outfit instead of working on my gear. At least I look cute.

5 Likes

I just got the pso2 crossover outfit for gravity rush 2 and it is nice

I’ve just started the Resident Evil remake and it is a fair amount of scary fun (besides the kinda janky control/design)

I’ve been playing Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours during my lunch breaks this week and it’s really good. Still too expensive, but it’s been forever since I played a good non-bullet hell shmup.

I’ve fallen back into the Marvel Heroes trap, please send assistance.

Been playing a bunch of games from the Humble Freedom Bundle (which is very good and something you should absolutely buy if you can!). Highlight so far is The Witness, which I wasn’t expecting to like at all. It’s very relaxing to solve puzzles and just… look at stuff. I hear some puzzles can get a little frustrating later, so that might kill the relaxation, but I’m not at those puzzles yet, so it’s fine!

I think I’m gonna really enjoy Stardew Valley as well and that’ll end up topping The Witness, but I haven’t started it yet. I’m scared because I expect to get completely engrossed and be very irresponsible with my time.

Also! There’s a few games from the aforementioned bundle that I already have or am not interested in. I already asked my friends if they want them and they don’t, so feel free to PM me if you want any of the following games:

• Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut
  • Guacamelee! Gold Edition
  • Guns of Icarus Online
  • Chroma Squad
  • Octodad: Dadliest Catch
  • Shining Force (not from the freedom bundle, but I have two spare keys from elsewhere)

First come first serve, and only one game per person! I’ll try to strike out taken games ASAP.

1 Like

I’ve been playing a lot of For Honor this week and really enjoying it. I wish Siege’s servers were working so I could play that too but on PS4 they’ve been pretty bad and stalling my LP a lot. But when they’re back to normal I’ll be jumping on that too with an hour of Nioh every now and then.

I’ve been playing a lot of Stellaris lately. My galactic empire started out as a bunch of giant snails that are nice and friendly to everyone. It is surprisingly more entertaining than being a jackass and conquering/enslaving everyone, in my opinion. Every few minutes a new weird alien migrates across the galaxy to come live in my cool empire. Also, all of the human empires in the galaxy got destroyed, so there’s that.

I’ve also been playing some Super Mario RPG. I thought this might finally be the time I try to get that 100 super jump item, but then I remembered that the game is easy enough that it totally isn’t worth the effort.

I’ve been playing Toukiden: Kiwami after getting a copy for my birthday. It was very obviously inspired by the Monster Hunter series, but it has so many different improvements compared to my experience with MH (1, 3, 4U). The Steam version should really be played on a gamepad and bought while on sale, but otherwise it’s better in just about every way I can see. Plot, characters, balance, the ability to outsource item gathering, having to fight large monsters only about twice to make a weapon and a full set of armour from their drops, etc.

1 Like

Got a PS4 last week and have been playing my way through some of the shorter PS Plus games the console has received over its lifetime that weren’t crossbuy with the PS3 and/or Vita TV. Thought the vignettes about the Inuit culture Never Alone was based on were a neat inclusion and I find myself enjoying the “walk around and unravel a mystery” games like Gone Home and Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. When not playing artsy stuff like those I’ve been playing UFC 2, trying to create an alternate universe where CM Punk is a championship calibre mixed martial artist.

I’ve been playing a lot of Bloodborne lately. Currently got two optional and one main boss down and about to grind for some blood echoes before i fight against another main boss Vicar Amelia

I’ve been playing a shitload of Gwent ever since I got into the closed beta. It just so happens that I got a good deck going and it got whacked with a nerf bat overnight.

1 Like

So I started playing Dark Souls. I went with Thief class, allowing me to go to the Valley of Drakes fairly early, pick up a sword and tick off a dragon. But I went back and nabbed my souls and bravely fled so it was a net positive.

I told myself that I would finally play more than 10 minutes of bloodborne this weekend.

Instead I’ve been switching back and forth between the Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider reboots. PoP has this very dorky charm to it plus a few glitches that ultimately won me over as a game I enjoy. TR, however, won me over by trying really hard to be a serious game but instead coming off as just really silly.