We Have Successfully Remembered The 90's. Let's Play Yooka-Laylee

Now this LP is truly complete.

Who’d have though cart levels would be improved by bullet time?

And now I want to see the Vanquish of cart levels.

Update!

Friends, it is with a heavy heart that I must bring this series to a close. With every collectible collected and every challenge conquered, all that stands between us and 100% completion is the corporate criminal himself: Capital B. But not before we take a look at some Pants first.

Part 18: The Final Boss Encounter: Capital B

I’m not going to lie, this is an emotional moment for me. It’s been an absolute joy to experience this game, one I never thought would ever see the light of day, and although sometimes I admittedly get frustrated with some parts of it (as I did with both Kazooie and Tooie) I’ve loved every second.

It goes without saying but huge massive thank you to Dani for joining me in The Real World to help make this Let’s Play possible. We both had a great time working on this and I think it really shows that we are genuinely having fun recording our silly jokes over a Lizard and a Bat doing jumps. Hopefully we can work together again.

And of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t give a thank you to everyone who’s joined me on this journey. Some of you went back and watched through all 3 of my previous B-K series in preparation for this and if you’re someone who watched all of that and this too then I literally don’t have the words to describe how greatly I appreciate that. Thank you all so much for letting me share something with you that’s always been very special to me.

It’s far from over of course, DLC is assumedly in the works as I type this which I will cover without a doubt, and Playtonic do seem to be setting themselves up for a Sequel. Whether or not they follow through on that remains to be seen but, for now, this is the end of this particular chapter, chronicling 3D Adventure games where you collect things made by Rare and Playtonic. I think I can now officially call myself a Collect-A-Thon Scholar. I have collected a lot of things.

Once again: Thank You. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart. It’s hard to believe that saying words over funny animals doing jumps would bring me so many great memories,so many amazing new friends and make so many people happy. But it did, and honestly? I’m probably going to hold on to that for the rest of my life.

With any luck, I’ll see you all again soon with, for people who know my other popular LPs, a familiar face.

4 Likes

The only thing I am disappointed isn’t yet out in the game is the “64-bit” Tonic - I understand that it is a lot more work to do all the textures and maybe even some models again but the whole idea of seeing everyone in REXTROVISION fills me with joy.

Now that this is complete I want to present to the thread the speedrun which was performed at the European Speedrunner Assembly Marathon over the Summer - it was only just uploaded onto youtube earlier this month for archival purposes. it is Any% so expect a lot of crazy skips, out of bounds and not collecting more than the essential moves and pagies.

I have a final pun which came to me in the party cutscene.

If the DLC world is Chapter 6…

Capital B fell into chapter 7: Bankruptcy

Thank you to Dani for not stealing this accountancy pun.

What a charming game. Thanks for showing it off!

It would’t make everything 64-bit, just Yooka’s pants.

1 Like