Trying not to cut ourselves on that edge playing Dirge of Cerberus

Hoo boy, Cid’s voice. I thought he’d sound a little gruffer than that.
I hope that one pilot who’s returning from the Highwind is the Limit Break Pilot guy. That guy had the best development.

1 Like

:illuminati: : Running a Train on Deepground :illuminati: :

Hey! We’re back in Midgar, not only Midgar but probably one of the more iconic places. The Train Graveyard, so you better believe we’re going to fight some undead creatures here! That of-course is a blatant lie. It’s still the same fucking enemies we’ve been fighting for a while now. We do get another Omega Report, which by this point is only flavor text. I don’t believe there’s really any major revelations to be hand from future updates on that but I’ll still share it cause you better believe we will!

:illuminati: Red the Red :illuminati:

We’re back in the Midgar Assault and you better believe we’re fighting the same people we’ve been fighting since the start of the game. But who is this Mysterious G person? What’s with their reports? Will we find the answers? It’s hard to say right now. All I do know is that we’re getting a boss fight at the end here. It’s with our favorite person too. Red the Red and how annoying she is to fight. Literally the worst boss fight in a long line of “The worst” to come. But we do what we must because we can.

G-Report:

1 Like

Is all this going to make us suffer, like G did?

I’ll see myself out…

1 Like

My mind jumped straight from that quote to “I want to see Vincent fight with a keyboard.” I can’t say for certain that Dirge of Typing would be an improvement, but I can’t deny the possibility that it would.

2 Likes

:illuminati: Shinra is burning :illuminati:

We’re going into the old Shinra building. We also meet more members of Deep Ground! Probably the most emo of them all too.

I think Nero might win the award for worst design, though it’s definitely a tough competition in this game.

Admittedly, I’m kinda glad Nero went after Cait Sith. Reeve being melodramatic about Cait Sith dying, despite the fact that he can just make another, is always hilarious to me.

I’m Blue Dabudee Dabudii

Been so busy with my birday today I kind of forgot to update. Sorry for it being late! Either way we’re fighting Blue the Blue today. Again a super annoying boss fight if you didn’t come prepared you better believe you’ll be spending 30+ minutes fighting this guy. Not a fan at all. This boss fight in particular seems to scream of bad design choices.

Oh my god Azul’s death is amazing. And I can’t believe his falling into a pit was the excessive part of it.

1 Like

I will say when they want to be cinematic it does become pretty awesome. But there is an over excessive part of it all too and it’s a fine line Dirge walks.

:iiam: Ruins of Midgar :iiam:

That’s right we’re exploring a deep hidden area under Midgar today. It’d not that bad until we fight a terrible new enemy. Seriously I hate these types of enemies and they shouldn’t exists.

I forgot to look at the omega report today cause in the previous failed recording I did and so there’s that. For some reason I thought I opened it but clearly didn’t. So instead I grabbed this from the wiki

Also I’m going to be heading to a convention on Wednesday and I won’t be back until Monday. So Friday’s update of-course won’t be posted on Friday as I’ll have no access to a computer. Next week Monday’s will be heavily delayed to probably the afternoon if I’m not feeling drained that day. Otherwise have fun and be safe out there everyone.

1 Like

Deeper down the rabbit hole

G-Report:

Alright! Back from the convention and I don’t remember much of this video. It’s mostly us going forward and getting a long cutscene establishing the Lolicon’s backstory. There’s of-course a G report that I posted. But yeah there’s a ton of gimmicks in this level and even more so in the next video. So please look forward to all of that.

Nero the Sable

That’s right! Another boss fight is on its way! And honestly it’s a fairly disappointing one, but don’t be alarmed we are on the final stretch of the LP there’s only 3 videos left until the very end… Which I need to still talk over cause I’m a lazy butt. Sorry. Anyway! Yes there’s a 100 man challenge room that I cut out cause it’s super boring. Honestly if you wanna see it then I’ll edit a quick video but no… It’s no good.

There’s tons of gimmicks I’ve noticed in this video. LIKE A WHOLE SHIT TON and it’s weird.

1 Like

The Bad Episode

I really wish I could be joking here and telling you that this isn’t a bad episode but god it’s so annoying and you can hear in my voice how annoyed I am at this stupid fucking bullshit. The level is SUPER CRAMPED. There’s a lot of lame gimmicks to slow you down and it’s just not enjoyable at all. The boss or midboss in this area is also total bullshit. It’s a fight to stay awake at this point. Just everything points to things being complete shit in this level.

We did get our final G Report which means we can get the super special secret ending! YAY US!

1 Like

One Boss After Another

Well they certainly ramped things up here. It’s bossfight after bossfight after bossfight! And honestly they’re not too bad. They’re not too good either, but I sort of enjoy some of the gimmicks of these fights. We finally face off against Weiss! And you better believe the cutscene is fucking TRASH! OH Man! This story keeps taking a shit and when you think it couldn’t possibly get worse it does. I hope you all enjoy how fucking stupid this all is and know that it’ll end with a huge bullshit battle. But not quite yet. We’re not done. That’s for Monday, we’re completing the main story of this game soon!

Also on episode 18 I got this message

That’s… that’s good right? RIGHT!!!

Oh my god I just found this LP and it’s the funniest fucking thing I’ve seen all week. This is so bad and I’m only done the fifth video. Everything from the emotional reunion being undercut by Shelke’s bored-sounding VA, the edge being so absolute as to throw the entire game almost into self-parody, a character named “Azul the Cerulean”, it’s all so bonkers. I especially love the level where you defend the WRO base from attack with smooth jazz playing in the background. Holy shit.

1 Like

Thank you so much Inco!

Yeah the game has its charms that’s for sure, I will say sadly later levels really lose that charm.

I love that this super serious game heaps on puns for the showdown with the stupid-looking rival. That being said, Arachnero is legitimately a fantastic name.

Omega’s a weird route to go down, considering its counterpart is usually Shinryu and not Chaos. I guess they wanted to make Chaos relevant, being Vincent’s last limit break, but it’s still weird to pair it up with one of the Weapons in the most contrived manner possible.
And dang, Hojo kinda sucks. He spends 80% of his time shouting about everything going wrong.

1 Like

Ahahaha, the foley in this game is so bad. All the guns sound like trash and that one clip where Vincent has trouble dealing with Chaos while on the phone with Shelke sounds less like a bestial growl and more like Vincent just shit his pants. Speaking of Shelke, that’s some A+ line reading when Vincent jumps from the dropship off-target. Usually when something like that happens, it should be spoken with a sense of concern and urgency, but I guess annoyed bewilderment works. So goofy.

Also, Paul Eiding reading Hojo as some sort of mix between the Vault-Tec Rep and Professor Oak is hilarious and just wrecks all the tension in the scene. I get that he’s going for a mad scientist, but it’s too enthusiastic, instead of menacing and insane.

1 Like

Alpha and Omega

Well here we all everyone! Final Episode of this masterpiece. I want to apologize immediately for the audio quality. It was coming straight from the PS3 so there’s not much I can really do about it. I wish it wasn’t there but god it was really horrible and broke a lot of the awesome musics in the game. But with this we’re finally done! Again I want to thank everyone that joined in and contributed to the thread and watched and enjoyed everything you saw. I don’t know when I’ll return for another LP as my life is getting hectic SUPER QUICKLY!

Also Sorry Inco~ I didn’t get to thank you in the video cause it was about a day after recording.

Omega Reports: