The Robots Don't Fuck In This One - Let's Play Battleborn

The more i think about it the more I realize i don’t think I’ve ever heard “hobby-grade” as anything but a low-key insult

1 Like

The more I see of this the more I think “Man, no wonder this got curb stomped by Overwatch…”. And they basically pushed this extremely hard up to it’s release. There was a chunk of a PAX Prime/West hall dedicated to this thing during one year. And it somehow still had lines.

Can we talk about how this is a first person game, but Montana’s charge move completely breaks that perspective?

lol I love having abilities that let me see even less of the screen on a character who already takes up way too much of it, what a nightmare

I’m gonna continue the unfair ‘let’s keep comparing this to Overwatch’ train, but why didn’t they just yank the camera back into 3rd person like Reinhardt’s charge? Are there any camera shifts in the game or does it all stay in 1st person because of ~immersion~

God, this was a game I really wanted to be good. Like some of the character concepts are actually really cool, but end up being ruined by the writing combining all the worst elements of Borderland’s writing and multiplying them by like 5.

Is it wrong to say that I generally liked the opening cinematic? There was an appreciable style to it. The actual gameplay is rather tough to look at, even when I can tell what is happening (which isn’t often).

it’s certainly the best part of the game

I think if I saw it as a fan animation I’d think “wow that’s pretty cool” but for something a AAA studio put out there’s a certain roughness to it. And granted, that probably wouldn’t even bother me if it wasn’t so tonally distinct from the actual, real game a Battleborn

The first real interaction I had with Battleborn was overhearing the tournament at PAX and the announcer desperately trying to get people excited and only getting like a smattering of applause

Let me make this clear: I like Battleborn. I’ve enjoyed Battleborn before and may very well enjoy it again. That being said, the game does not make it easy to do so. I do not blame anyone for not liking it. The characters are annoying. The game design is not particularly interesting and frustrating at times. The graphics can be dull. The UI is frankly atrocious… Why did I enjoyed this game again?

I must also say I really liked the opening. Gave me a very 90s-00s MTV feel. That may have contributed to my liking it a bunch. I’m shallow.

1 Like

Okay, Dup, I hear you about how this game is bad, but as your robotics expert, I must ask you to consider: which one of these robots looks more like he fucks

I rest my case

12 Likes

they’re both fucking each other, next question please.

8 Likes

Bastion obvs because no one wants to get near that big a steampunk nerd.

4 Likes

It’s fitting that this is the first post by you that I see on this site.

Also, Bastion.

3 Likes

Dvac the one on the left looks like a Penny Arcade background character and the one ono the right looks like a robot. I think we all know which one fucks. The robi.

3 Likes

It is not he who fucks least that is important; it is he who fucks best.

5 Likes

This is a scarily accurate description.

1 Like

Well, new thread title already.

Thanks Bob for allowing me to change my own thread titles.

9 Likes

I don’t know if I love this or hate this.

Or both.