The Political Cartoons Thread: Still Somehow Blaming Obama!

They’re still pushing that “Allowing trans people to pee where they’re supposed to is GOVERNMENT MEDDLING” narrative I see…

I’m a pretty huge fan of Matt Bors lately:

11 Likes

“Oscars So Right”
http://i.onionstatic.com/onion/5616/1/original/1200.jpg

“No Trigger Warning”
http://i.onionstatic.com/onion/5624/0/original/1200.jpg

4 Likes

ugh, fuck off jrrose

1 Like

Is the windmill one a refrence to something? Because I’ll be fucked if I can parse that.

I think it’s supposed to be a reference to Don Quixote.

More specifically it’s a copy of this illustration of the scene where Don Quixote attacks windmills believing they’re giants in disguise.

2 Likes

Yeah, old man Kirschen has the one two punch of being a terrible ideas guy and also being terrible at illustrating his terrible ideas.

Terrible.

And if YOU want to illustrate like him, too, you can attend his illustrious online academy!

www.drybonesacademy.com/courses.html

4 Likes

Also the irony of an intensely pro-Jew pro-Israeli guy being vehemently supportive of a dude who, if not a huge anti-semite himself, has an inner circle full of anti-semites and a voter base overflowing with anti-semites. :ironicat:

Republicans have always been massively anti-simetic, though. This cognitive dissonance has been cultivating for a long time.

YESSSSSS. The staggering lack of self-awareness in this one energises me. I mean, no-one ever accused the Nazis of having an excess of intellectual integrity, but to condemn America for racist violence and for allowing black culture to exist, within the same few inches of poster space - astonishing. And “World’s Most Beautiful Leg”! My goodness.

Also, GertrudePerkins (great name, by the way) - I can see how Labour on his donkey is supposed to be the very picture of pitiable humility, and Monopoly on his steam-steed (with his Shield of Corruption of the Legislature and his Plume of Arrogance) the contemptible villain, but these goddamn Garrison cartoons have ruined me and all I can think is “wow, this artist really likes monopolies.”

3 Likes

I really wish that ethnic cleansing of Christians in parts of the world would get mentioned by people outside of asshole right-wingers who only want to use it as an excuse to continue to hate Muslims.

'Cause, like, its actually a problem that’s going on that gets NO attention because the West can’t wrap its head around Christians being an oppressed minority in parts of the world.

1 Like

It gets mentioned frequently in the circles I run in? Maybe you just don’t hang around the right folks.

Usually they refer to the specific sects being victimized though, such as Copts.

I’m glad to see that “Thing?” “No,other thing.” has evolved since the last time I was following political cartoons.

Also, whoa, what happened to Gary’s art style?

A cartoon for the Guardian.
Also: I have prints and things for sale here: tomgauld.com

2 Likes

I’m sad there actually is a path home that doesn’t cross a different person.

Gary’s generally the less talented of the idiot McCoy brothers, Glenn tends to have the slicker style, while also somehow having even more repugnant ideas.

Example:

http://i.imgur.com/mPy08Vz.jpg