The Anime Thread: It's not just for kids! It's deep! It's EMOTIONAL!!!

Thanks for posting this. My two best friends have been on a huge kick with the series and I wasnt sure where to start.

look, just stay with me 'till the video, I swear itā€™s wonderful and excellent anime from the Summer 2016 lineup

Thunderbolt Fantasy

Iā€™m still waiting for Season 2, which should be soonā€¦

5 Likes

Hell yeah. Thunderbolt Fantasy is a perfect treasure that needs to be seen by everybody.

I wish it got dubbed because I have a hard time watching subbed anime since I donā€™t like putting 100% of my attention on one thing and I want to appreciate the incredible visuals more

To answer the age old question of if anime is real or not you just have to look at the current season of it to find out.
**EDIT :**The show this is from is Forest Fairy Five and itā€™s the most incredible piece of art Iā€™ve ever seen

2 Likes

I gotta say, I just started Dragon Maid last night, and that is some quality dragons right there

1 Like

I like Cowboy Bebop and everyone agrees itā€™s the best.
I also like Revolutionary Girls Utena and it should really get remade.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica is real good.
Ouran High School Host Club is good until it stops being good.
I liked Yuri on Ice.

I appear to favor shojo garbage most. The gayer the better.

Anime is real in that it exists.

Haikyuu is precious and pure.

I did not know this was a thing. Nobody ever told me. I am so sad now. This looks good.

As someone whose never had single spec of interest in volleyball, Haikyuu is still probably the best sports anime Iā€™ve ever watched. Itā€™s got really fun character designs, great animation, great storytelling, and a killer soundtrack. Definitely recommend it!

I caught up on this today also, Iā€™m really surprised by how much I like it. The premise was kinda off-putting, but the show is so absurd and fun and I love it.

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s the ex-furry in me, but I am unbelievably excited to know that there is a show about mundane anime dragons.

1 Like

Itā€™s somehow one of the best anime this season which is honestly surprising considering how bad the premise of it sounds. Shows like this are why I give every anime a season a watch, just in case I might miss something I like because it didnā€™t sound good.

Isnā€™t this the anime where they play not-Dark Souls at one point? I think I saw something like that on twitter.

Yep.

75 posts and no mention of Kinoā€™s Journey. Seriously, what is wrong with you people.

Hopefully that embeds the fan trailer for the show, but if not, you can always click it. :smiley:

Also, props to the individual who mentioned Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I gave up trying to watch the 100-odd episodes of that show a while ago, but I am on book three of the series and itā€™s pretty darn good, Iā€™d definitely recommend it.

Kinoā€™s Journey is one of my all time favorite anime.

1 Like

Hey uhh real quick I want to thank this thread for tuning me into dragon anime okay thanks

anime is not real

While everyoneā€™s riding the furry high, hereā€™s a classic anime to watch:

Sherlock Hound (1984)

A 26-episode series by TMS Entertainment (the same studio behind Lupin III) putting a spin on the Sherlock Holmes stories by using anthropomorphic dogs. Itā€™s somewhat formulaic in that every episode involves Sherlock and Watson uncovering a plot by the bumbling Moriarty which invariably leads to an extended chase sequence involving dozens of cops and steampunk robots, but itā€™s quite good. The animation is high quality for an 80ā€™s tv anime, probably because the first 6 episodes were directed by Hayao Miyazaki.

The best part is the entire series is available for free on TMSā€™ official Youtube account: HERE

:toot:

2 Likes

Since I forgot to mention the anime I am currently watching this season are: Onihei, Maid Dragon, ACCA 13, Scumā€™s Wish, Seiren, Demi-chan, Tiger Mask W, Gundam IBO, Ai Mai Mi, and Heybot!

Iā€™m also streaming Noein for some friends and I to watch together