That Looks Like a Homing Shot! - Let's Play Mega Man 3

Also known in Japan as “The End of Dr. Wily?” (please do not check the wiki or any later games in the series.)

After two unsuccessful attempts at taking over the world, Dr. Wily has turned over a new leaf. He’s now working with Dr. Light to create a big ‘ol peacekeeping robot named Gamma. Gamma requires eight power sources, but the Robot Masters sent to find them have gone haywire. Mega Man must confront them and obtain the energies so Light and Wily can finish their very big helpful robot.

While Mega Man 2 polished some of the rough edges of the first game, Mega Man 3 does that AND gives Mega Man a helpful new move: the slide! Sliding is useful for platforming and boss fights alike, as it allows Mega Man to stick low to the ground instead of jumping around all day every day. Add some fairly solid Boss Weapons to the mix, and you have a good toolset for a really good game.

Okay, Mega Man 3 has some rough spots. But it’s mostly solid.

Episode List

6 Likes

I never would have guessed they were on different planets. Then again, I played the game for the first time in 2017 so it’s a bit unrealistic to expect one to find the manual.

1 Like

Ah! The best megaman~

2 Likes

I have precisely fourteen magnets and unlimited tiny shots that I can use to fuck up somebody’s day. Turns out that somebody is Spark Man.

4 Likes

This episode was really a spark of brilliance.

1 Like

I like that you follow the universal rules of Mega Man and jump through the doors and for power ups.

Please get Top Man and top spin through doors.

1 Like

It’s a showdown between a Rock Man and a Hard Face. And a hard rest of the body as well. This guy’s just kinda hardy in general.

Also his headbutt’s so powerful it freezes time itself. I don’t know how that would have been useful for non-battle purposes, and quite frankly I don’t think Wily’s warmed up to this “not making murder robots” idea.

4 Likes

I could swear this guy was harder than this.

1 Like

Be the change you want to see in the world.

5 Likes

Hello, I am here to correct a dire lack of Top Spin.

5 Likes

How tragic that I can only like it once.

2 Likes

Remember: Spikes and needles are two completely different things. Which is good, because if they weren’t Needle Man would attack with nothing but one hit kills.

Those attacks looked like they were hard to dodge, but you really threaded that needle!

1 Like

This episode was short, sweet and to the point.

1 Like

The “hammer” the Hammer Joes wield is likely an Olympic hammer throw hammer, which is just a metal ball on the end of a steel wire.

1 Like

What stage should we send the ninja to? A magma sewer? Yeah sure, I guess that fits.

4 Likes

Really throwing some shade at this stage.

1 Like

I hear this Top Man guy is pretty popular. Must be a fan favorite or something. Either way, today Mega Man goes up against a Robot Master whose strategy can be boiled down to “spin to win.”

4 Likes

Top notch performance as always.

1 Like

You know, not many Robot Master gets lucky enough to find a planet that basically exist for them. Snake Man, however, wound up on a planet filled with snake tilesets. Alas, we’ll be ruining his good day. By shooting him. With the Mega Buster.

3 Likes