Streaming in the Game Of - Variety Streaming to Completion (Probably)

Apparently the army wants to know where Alex lives, so they’re going to half-heartedly send out some tanks and drones in hopes of locating the safe house he keeps visiting. As expected, this means it’s time to destroy government property.

We’re drawing close to another Lord Soul, but there’s still plenty in the way of the witches’ great treasure. There are plenty of demons ready and waiting to punt an undead back to their bonfire, and so much magma. Better hope that armor is durable, because it’s going to be on fire for a bit.

It’s almost the end of Chapter 1! We just have a boss and an optional dungeon to cover, but as it turns out both of those things decided to cause problems on purpose.

I regret to inform you Alex Mercer is back again, doing things. The good news is, though, the game has decided to just have normal missions where you play with the base mechanics and expects a bit of mastery! (Or just competency.)

Lost Izaleth is almost Completely Found Izaleth, but there’s a small handful of tasks to get through before we’re done. One task is a tragedy, the next is a brush with gross monsters, and the last is a very annoying but ultimately easy boss. Lost Izaleth is, as they say, certainly a Thing.

It’s Chapter 2, which means it’s time to pick up a couple new characters! Lawfer and Janus will be joining us after some… sparse short stories on their ends. And with that done, we can tackle a dungeon too! And this new team finally have what it takes to pull off special attacks again, which means there’s going to be a lot of shouting and over-the-top moves.

Oh no, Alex Mercer has lost his powers. Now the only thing left of his personality is his sweet parkour skill. But the good news is, this new set of missions will have him meet with someone who can help. Help, and as it turns out, give Alex Kamen Rider-esque armor as well.

Okay, who was the secret Toku nerd on the dev team? I know it’s gotta be one of you jerks.

So as it turns out, I was misremembering what the actual DLC path is. The good news is, this was actually the perfect lead in to New Londo Ruins. Whoops, I did the right thing completely by accident!

Tonight’s the night we wrap up Chapter 2! Even if there’s another Dragon Zombie, with a powerful trick up its rotting sleeve.

We regret to inform you there is now exactly one (1) smart Hunter, who has figured out that Alex Mercer has a home base. Now it’s broken into his sister’s house and kidnapped her, and that’s gonna be the problem we’ll be dealing with for a while.

We’re nearing the end of our Lord Soul hunt, as Enid descends into the abyss to fight the Four Kings. And when they’re out of the way, our only target left is Duke Seath the Scaless. Though as it turns out, the traitorous dragon may be the Lord with the most tricks up his scales.

Chapter 3 starts with a pair of characters we’ve seen before, who have now run across a town of petrified people. And given the usual reason Valkyrie is called somewhere, one of them will soon perish during their investigation. But as it turns out, we’ll have a chance to avenge them after the fact.

It’s more Prototype! We learn some shocking new information about our protagonist Alex Mercer, which is glossed over for about half an hour of a terrible helicopter mission! Oh no!

It seems Seath’s plan to put Enid in jail has backfired, as Enid has broken out and can make her way out of the library… eventually. But when she does, it’s just a hop skip and a jump over to the Crystal Caves, a mildly confounding area with a secret that Big Seath doesn’t want you to know about.

It turns out that Chapter 3 has not two, but three new characters. So today we see the stories of Jun and Yumei. The latter of which is apparently notable for being the saddest story in this game. Which, may I remind you, is a game in which every story ends in death.

We’re nearing the end of Prototype, which means… we’re just going to get the main villain out of the way. I mean, she’s got as much character as everyone else in this story, so I guess that’s not a big deal.

Seath’s the last lord on the list, and he’s only a short jog from the closest bonfire, which means Enid’s basically got all four lord souls in the bag. But what if… there was some unfinished business for her to take care of? (There is. It’s the DLC. We’re gonna go beat up Artorias)

Things seem to be progressing well in Valhalla, so it’s time to start Chapter 4! And now that we are in Chapter 4, it’s time to ruin our seal rating! Is this a good idea? Who knows! But we need to do this for the A ending, so let’s get to tanking our job!

It’s the final session of Prototype! Who is Alex Mercer? Why do we have a mysterious informant aiding us? Would the military cleaver a virus baby? The questions will probably be answered in the finale, but I can’t be entirely sure because I kinda tuned out of the plot hours ago.

On today’s session of Valkyrie Profile, it turns out we’ve reached the hard part of the game! With a tough boss and a gaggle of orbs ready to explode, Valkyrie and her Einherjars will have to stay cautious, lest they get party-wiped. Repeatedly.