Sling us a web, you're the Spider-Man (PS4)

Episode 40: Untold Tales, Part Three

I AM VENGEANCE. I AM TH–wait, no, that’s someone else. In today’s Untold Tales episode, Taskmaster’s goons get to experience the unholy power of the Spirit of Vengeance, and elsewhere we beat up some more of Mr. Negative’s corrupted minions before wrapping up with more science. Only two more of these side content episodes to go, and then it’s DLC time!

Episode 41: Untold Tales, Final Part

I said there would be two more Untold Tales episodes, but they were short enough to be combined into one 35-minute video, especially with a bit of extra editing work. We wrap up the rest of the research station missions and Taskmaster stuff, which means we are now officially 100% done with the main game! Next time, we finally begin the City that Never Sleeps DLC…

Note: This episode is 1080p only because I didn’t want to waste any more disk space or rendering time on a throwaway video like this than I absolutely had to. The DLC videos will be rendered at higher resolutions again.

Episode 42: The Heist, Part One

It’s finally DLC time, as we try to stop Hammerhead’s men from wrecking an art museum… and an old friend we know very well crosses our path once more. Wait, why am I being so vague about this? You all know it’s Black Cat because she’s right there on the title card, and this DLC episode is all about her.

1440p is still processing but should be done soon enough.

Episode 43: The Heist, Part Two

We pick up the trail of Black Cat and figure out Hammerhead’s plan, which would be nice and all but unfortunately we also have to deal with the return of a certain D-list villain whose name rhymes with Crüe Ball.

Episode 44: The Heist, Part Three

With some help from MJ, we finally pinpoint the location of Hammerhead’s secret vault, which we’ll be hitting in the next video. We also get to participate in another Screwball challenge, and this one is actually pretty enjoyable! Wait, what? No, seriously, the gadget challenges really are a lot of fun.

1440p still processing, and so on.

Episode 45: The Heist, Part Four

It’s the finale of the first DLC episode, in which we team up with Black Cat once more and many truths are unveiled.

Episode 46: Turf Wars, Part One

Having lost all his blackmail material on the rival Maggia families, Hammerhead goes on the offensive and starts a full-blown gang war in Manhattan. Spider-Man is assisting Captain Watanabe and her men in their attempt to capture Hammerhead, but the metal-headed Maggia mangler isn’t going to go down without a fight…

I didn’t make up that bit about Hammerhead’s name in the Finnish translation of the comic books, by the way. His name in Finnish is Nuijapää, which is a fairly direct translation (“nuija” can cover a variety of blunt weapons such as clubs, mallets or hammers) and tries to convey the idea that he uses his head like a club to smash his enemies with, but unfortunately his name also happens to mean “tadpole” which makes the poor guy sound even more of a joke than he already is. Languages are fun!

1 Like

Episode 47: Turf Wars, Part Two

The Spider-Bot gets to stretch its little mechanical legs at the Bar With No Name, as we look for Hammerhead’s next target. Naturally, we run into a few complications as we try to stop Hammerhead…

Episode 48: Turf Wars, Part Three

No, Screwball, I am not good at this. Thank you for noticing. This episode mainly consists of us dealing with online influencers and visiting Hammerhead’s legitimate businesses, but there is also a storyline phone call that sets up what we’ll be doing in the next video.

Episode 49: Turf Wars, Part Four

I always like it when characters have to be complete idiots in order for the plot to work.

Even if he knew, wouldn’t Spider-Man still have gone after all of the distractions?

I’d kinda expect him to stay behind and watch the police station if he knew Hammerhead was going to attack it directly, although of course there were plenty of Digboys full of Hammerhead thugs all over the place so who knows.

I certainly would’ve preferred if Spider-Man had initially gone after the trucks, and then realized “oh shit, these guys clearly WANT me to follow them! This has to be a distraction, I gotta call Yuri right now!” but by that point it would’ve been too late. Failing that, at least don’t have the thugs basically spelling out the plan in the dialogue.

edit: Maybe Peter should’ve been a bit more proactive in training Miles as his sidekick!

Episode 50: Turf Wars, Part Five

Things went rather poorly for us last time around, and Yuri is out for revenge on Hammerhead and his men. We should probably try to get to Hammerhead before Yuri either shoots everyone or gets hurt (or both, I suppose), but first we’re going to need some leads and find out what Hammerhead’s “Big Show” is.

Turf Wars is by far the weakest of the DLC in my opinion, and I’m glad we’re done with it now. The third DLC, Silver Lining, is definitely an improvement, but that one also has its problems which we’ll soon get into.

Episode 51: Silver Lining, Part One

Silver Sable is back, and she’s far less cordial than last time we saw her.

Episode 52: Silver Lining, Part Two

Apparently, Hammerhead’s amazing plan was to turn himself into a Handyman from Bioshock Infinite. Whatever works for you, I guess.

Hammerhead’s robot body is probably supposed to be similar to the one fellow mob boss Silvermane had in the comics at one point. If you watched the 90s Fox Kids Spider-Man cartoon, you may also remember Silvermane as the old mobster who tried to get his youth back but accidentally turned himself into a baby. Before the DLC came out, some folks actually theorized the “Silver” in the title of the third episode was referencing Silvermane and that he’d show up to fight Hammerhead or whatever, but obviously that didn’t happen.

Episode 53: Silver Lining, Part Three

While we were saved from Robo-Hammerhead’s grasp at the last second, Silver Sable wasn’t so lucky and got dragged to one of Hammerhead’s underground hideouts and that means we have to get her out of there. Someone also appears to have set up some very strange crime scenes around town…

:siren: IT’S AN AMAZING, SPECTACULAR, SENSATIONAL DOUBLE UPDATE! (pretend I posted that 60s cartoon shot of the two Spider-Men pointing at each other) :siren:

Episode 54: Silver Lining, Part Four

It’s a good thing we’re now finished with these hideouts because I really don’t have much to say about those at this point.

Episode 55 (FINAL): Silver Lining, Part Five

We tie up the remaining loose ends, and team up with Silver Sable to take on Hammerhead one more time.

And hey, you know what that means? That’s right, we are officially 100% DONE with Marvel’s Spider-Man on the PS4! I didn’t expect this LP to go on for this long or end up with 55 episodes plus whatever bonus junk I threw in, but we made it to the end and I hope you had a good time. I certainly did, and I’m glad I was able to show off just about everything in the game. Thank you so much for watching the videos and commenting, that really helped keep me motivated to finish this thing. If you’re not completely sick of my voice yet and maybe even want to see more of my content, I’ve got my Red Dead Redemption LP that I should probably be updating a lot more often… and I also have some other stuff coming up so keep an eye out for that. Until next time, thank you and goodbye!

1 Like

The thing I find amusing is that I only saw a few episodes of 90’s Spider-Man here and there, seeing as I didn’t have cable and only my grandparents did and of course one of the episodes I saw was “guy turning into baby” at the end.

How in the hell does Tara Platt keep getting these morally-ambiguous roles? It’s the authoritative voice isn’t it.

Anyway, I salute you Doc! For showing off a pretty decent game that I wouldn’t have noticed otherwise. Thanks for LPing!