Shin Megami Tensei // World Is A Fuck, Kill Em All

Oh I love the Persona games, they are easily my favorite; SMTIV:A was just to tide me over until P5 came out! No need to lurk!

Much as I love the mainline SMT games Iā€™ll admit Persona 3 & 4 has really taken over as top quality for SMT games.

I am so close to finishing Persona 3 Portable. I am on the last day and Iā€™ve been enjoying this game a whole lot this playthrough (third timeā€™s the charm).

Even though my playthrough of SMTIV:A was smoother and in one attempt I think Iā€™ve enjoyed Persona 3 more for the story alone. Some really interesting things have happened that remind me that I wasnā€™t satisfied with Apocalypseā€™s ending.

I wish I had more free time, because I would love to actually play Persona 3 again. I know I said that it was my favorite, but I think I neglected to mention how much I love the characters, which is a lot. Especially Aigis. Iā€™m such a sucker for exploring what it means to be human through the eyes of a non-human, even if itā€™s only through her Social Link.

Ah, but I probably wouldnā€™t have time to finish it before Persona 5 comes out.

ā€¦Orā€¦ Would Iā€¦?

1 Like

I am so happy that Shinji didnā€™t die because I loved him and got him his old pocket watch.

Thatā€™s one of the things they changed for the Portable edition, as part of a bunch of changes along the female MCā€™s path. (I donā€™t know if itā€™s changed for the male MC?) In general I think P3P is definitely the best version, but Iā€™m a bit sad it doesnā€™t include The Answer (the epilogue where you play Aigis), as I really enjoyed that FES addition.

Which is amusing to me that you mention FES because everytime I tried to play it around my boyfriend, heā€™d always try to stop me. -shrugs- I CAN TAKE HARDER TARTARUS! LET ME AT IT.

2 Likes

Winter 2014 is almost here

1 Like

So, this seems like a good place to mention it: Atlus just announced SMT: Deep Strange Journey for the 3DS.

And hereā€™s the announcement trailer.

New graphics, new demons, full voice-acting, a new characterā€¦ And, of course, no word of a western release yet.

But, hey, if they do bring it over, itā€™ll be a chance for me to see how the story of the Schwarzwelt ends!

1 Like

I liked the setting of Strange Journey but itā€™s got some bad dungeons that feel like trekking through the old SNES SMT dungeons.

Buuuutttt I really liked the setting and characters so Iā€™ll try and finish SJ and get this new one.

Part of me has wanted to go back and give SJ another try because I always felt bad about giving up so far into the game, but if they make any changes to make the dungeons more tolerable, Iā€™m sold.

ā€¦But I might be sold already just by the fresh coat of paint.

May have misread thatā€™s itā€™s a remake. Iā€™m on board now.

Wow, I definitely wasnā€™t expecting a remake of Strange Journey, or for the poster boy for new demon designs in it to be a facelift for Andras of all things.

EDIT: Actually, looking at this full image of him, thatā€™s definitely Ammon/Amaimon, not Andras. Still cool. Also, check out the sudden reappearance of Maria from SMT:NINE.

God damn those are some big red claws Amon has

The better to use Madness Nails with, my dear?

Holy shit here it comes, hereā€™s the reviews:
IGN: http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/03/29/persona-5-review
Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-29-persona-5-review
Polygon: http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/29/15104088/persona-5-review-atlus-playstation-4-ps4-3-ps3-english-gameplay-impressions

OH MY GOD ITā€™S ALMOST HERE AND PEOPLE LOVE IT.

Outwardly I still have to pose as a functioning human being, but internally Iā€™m just screaming louder and louder and louder until I can finally play it.

Persona 5

is good

3 Likes

I had a lot of hesitations going in but god DAMN is Persona 5 amazing.I love Mishima so much