Resident Evil: The Evolution of Crank-based Technology

I really hope RE2make incorporates Resident Evil 3: Nemesis into it as well.

I mean, Morpheus was infected by the t+G Virus.

But seriously, according to a certain Capcpom source, Morpheus actually had aesthetic operations performed prior to the events of the game. As for what that is meant to imply :iiam:

I hope not. 3 and 2 are such distinct games with different mechanics and locations, I wouldnā€™t want one to be compromised by the other.

1 Like

I donā€™t think a third scenario would really compromise the first two. Plus it re-uses a lot of the mechanics and areas.

Was RE2Make confirmed or teased in some manner? Iā€™ve heard it mentioned a few times but Iā€™ve never found anything when searching for itā€¦

Iā€™m also a tad bit confused as to what youā€™re suggesting here, are you hoping for there to be both games contained on the disk? Like an HD collection? Thatā€™d be pretty neat actually, but I might be misunderstanding.

They have confirmed they have started pre-production on RE2Make due to how well RE1Make did on Steam/PS4/Xbox. No new details have been announced since, but theyā€™ll try to make it the RE1Make one version of 2 (so probably re-arranging some things and adding new twists).

What Iā€™m hoping is that they include Jillā€™s RE3 scenario as a third/bonus scenario maybe. Because you revisit a lot of RE2ā€™s location and it re-uses a lot of the enemies anyway (Nemesis is kind of an upgraded Mr.X anyway).

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome, Iā€™m really looking forward to it now!

And true, that would be pretty nice. Itā€™d feel a bit strange if they didnā€™t give the third ā€œclassicā€ the remake treatment as well, and with those remade assets already being thereā€¦

If that ends up being the case, I canā€™t wait to get the shit scared out of me by HD Nemesis.

It reuses 1 (one) area, with a very different layout. Everything else is different. Youā€™d be asking the team to make two games worth of areas for one game.

The mechanics are also fairly different, with RE3 featuring a more action-y design, you can dodge, make ammo. RE3 absolutely deserves its own REmake, and shouldnā€™t be hobbled by being attached to RE2.

It deserves it, but I donā€™t really think it would get it. I guess we can just disagree on this.

I wouldnā€™t mind RE3 getting the action treatment. The gameā€™s not really scary at all- the damn thing starts with Jill diving out of an exploding building. And it would probably help set it apart from RE2 (though as Zero-ELEC says, it only really reuses part of the police station).

Iā€™m not exactly a long-time series fan. Iā€™ve only played two of the games, and one of them was a rental that I didnā€™t finish (RE4, which I enjoyed). The other is the latest entry, and BOY is it incredibly up my alley. Between the stunning aesthetic, the oddly charming Baker family, and the satisfying gameplay this is one of my favorite games in recent years. Iā€™ve finished the game five times doing different runs for unlocks and cheevos so far, and Iā€™ve loved every bit of it. Got the season pass too, and Iā€™m having fun with the current DLC. The Dark Soulsy ā€œEthan Must Dieā€ gauntlet is hilarious and intense with how easily you can get dunked on and have to start over. Itā€™s an awful kind of great.

1 Like

I find Nemesis chasing you around completely terrifying (or at least I did when I was younger, maybe it doesnā€™t hold up), but to each their own.

If they could find a way to make Nemesis scary in a modern context, Iā€™d be up for it. Maybe replace him carrying a rocket launcher with him using stuff in the environment?

1 Like

Oh man, since theyā€™re kinda soft-rebooting the series, maybe weā€™ll get another RE: Outbreak style game but with actually good online? That would be rad. I need more unique co-op games in my life.

3 Likes

I loved RE7 I thought that was good fun if they considered remaking other Resident Evilā€™s using its first person perspective Iā€™d be cool with that. though I always held the unpopular opinion that RE CVX was garbage lol. But any ways
FAVORITE GAME: RE&7
Favorite character: Leon.

Can anyone who has the Season Pass comment on the quality of the DLC? I forgot to buy the Pass but donā€™t want to spend 30 euros if the extra content is lackluster.

The DLC overall is exceptional.

Pack 1:

-Two VHS tapes, Bedroom and Nightmare
-Ethan Must Die

Bedroom is a very creepy, Misery-like puzzle-centric escape-the-room scenario featuring Clancy Javis and Margeurite Baker. Bedroom is a very neat side story with unique gameplay for RE7.

Nightmare is a survive-the-night scenario featuring Clancy Javis where you collect scrap, make weapons, and try to stay alive as various waves of enemies come after you over time. If you ā€œtry againā€ upon dying, you get start-up bonuses based on your previous score. Those bonuses can accumulate with each death as you improve you score. While it can frustrating if you donā€™t play much games in this style or if you only play in short bursts, this mode is well-crafted and provides plenty of replay value. Just donā€™t expect to live long your first try.

Ethan Must Die is a one-hit-and-you-die survival sprint through the Baker residence where your only items are accessed through breaking crates of various quality. Traps abound, and the molded are all over the place. This one is super fun once you start to figure out where to go (I died a lot right away because I didnā€™t think to block attacks at all). One of the more charming modes, for sure.

Pack 2:

-Two VHS tapes, 21 and Daughters
-Jackā€™s 55th Birthday

21 is a Saw-like play-to-survive game of cards curated by the lovable Lucas Baker. You must outlive your opponents to keep yourself alive. There are three modes of difficulty, the latter two of which must be unlocked. Honestly, this one is very amusing and fun to play. It only really gets frustrating in the hardest difficulty, because it challenges you to really pay attention and to not throw away important cards too early.

Daughters is another story scenario, this time playing as Zoe the night Jack finds Eveline and brings her home. This one gets heart-wrenching as you see a normal, loving family destroyed from within. Emotionally brutal, and an excellent little mission.

Finally, Jackā€™s 55th Birthday. HOO BOY what a mode. This one might be my favorite due to the sheer joy it gives me. The object of the game is simple: kill any molded that get in your way, find food and drink, and feed them to Jack to make him happy and full. Itā€™s his birthday after all!

4 Likes

did we mention the molded have party hats?

Also I love how most of the DLC boils down to ā€œEveryone Hates Clancyā€

1 Like

Yes, this, absolutely. Clancy had such a bad time :frowning:

1 Like

OK, so to get on my next paycheck. Thanks for the breakdown!