Post your favorite video game glitches

It’s a shame they despawn because you could leave a Hansel and Gretel-like trail of shit to guide your way back.

1 Like

Sonic Lost World is certainly a game. I’ve encountered this glitch, but the video isn’t my own.

Warning: wild and crazy strobe lights. Don’t watch if you’re sensitive to flashing lights!

So, I played Assassin’s Creed 2 a couple years ago, and I ran into an issue with one of the missions. I can’t for the life of me remember what caused it.

I also learned that horses don’t particularly like smallish gaps.

Edit: I also broke Far Cry 3. I think this mission makes you infiltrate an enemy dock without killing anyone. I managed to get in the door you’re supposed to leave through.

Oh man, this reminds me of the WWE 12 ladder glitch, which was just absolutely magical.

(long video but the glitch starts at about 25 seconds in then just goes to a whole other level around 11:10)

4 Likes

Short one

2 Likes

Ah, I too am cuckoo for coco puffs.

2 Likes

One of my earliest experiences with Dragon’s Dogma was my pawn, He-Man, sheathing his weapon while still holding the corpse of a wolf, causing it to do, uh, this:

Was your one true love also the innkeeper?

mine was the quest giver at the castle lol, took me awhile to figure out that if you drew your weapons a bunch they started to dislike you.

The Gambit and Ruby Heart bugs in MVC2. First one basically forces your opponent to wait out the timer, second can actually freeze the game. (Apologies for the second video being in vertical-o-vision but it was the best I could find)

There’s a couple of videos of one guy doing both bugs to this other guy at a mall arcade and the other guy gets so pissed he yells “I WANT THAT GUY BANNED FROM THIS ARCADE!” after the Ruby Heart one.

Also, the Initial D Special Stage “nosedive” bug. Video quality is garbage but you can see it clearly.

Mine was a random misandry bandit with no unique dialogue the first time around. I also got Aelinore even after murdering her, and my last playthrough I got the woman who only appears during those goblin prisoner events and disappears after like a minute.

Dragon’s Dogma is a good game.

I think I need to play this game.

You can accidentally end up in a gay relationship with a tiny clown (and not as a joke, but completely seriously, “this clown is the love of my life”). It’s the best.

2 Likes

Okay first, it’s not gonna be an accident in my case. And second, do I want the base game or Dark Arisen?

Dark Arisen, PC version if you can. It comes with the original, and the PC version has all the DLC and benefits for having a save from the original game.

Also, Dark Arisen is the best part of the game.

2 Likes

Dark arisen without a doubt I played the shit outta that game it’s so good.

I don’t have any footage of it at the moment, but messing around with cheat codes in The Simpsons: Hit & Run led to some pretty interesting results, mostly involving the fast cars and jumping horn cheats. Turns out that there’s a lot of ways to get stuck on the other side of invisible walls and fall through the world in that game.

I think my favorite glitch I found happened during one of my trips below where the ground is supposed to be, where my car inexplicably started freaking out and doing flips and rolls, all while leaving a trails of tire tracks suspended in the air. To this day I have no idea how it happened, but I’m hoping that I can figure out a way to recreate it and record it.

Sadly, this was only described, but the Nintendo Life review of a random crappy WiiWare game has one of my personal favorites:

Our favourite glitch in the game occurred when Doc Clock was standing quietly on a piece of flat ground, between two wheels. He reached to pick up a wheel and dropped dead for no reason whatsoever. One of the wheels then rolled over him without impetus, and the two sprites duked it out for screen space, resulting in both of them slowly ascending skyward, a dead body and a wheel, jittering against each other, as the game became unresponsive and eventually froze up.

1 Like

Car glitch from the old STALKER alpha:

2 Likes