Poochyena Power! - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

Previous

Part 27: Wherein Joat accepts no substitutes.

I do wonder how many among the target audience would know what “muckraking” means. I sure didn’t, back when I was that age, and I was notably above the curve in terms of reading ability.

Also, it seems silly to deliver this separately, especially since I highly doubt this was something new unearthed since yesterday. I imagine the game would make more of a big deal about it if Alakazam’s team were spotted recently.

In any case, off to Silent Chasm!

But first, Reddybear must join us! To do otherwise would defeat the whole purpose of this venture, after all. Y’know, aside from that whole “helping people” thing the kids are into these days.

Always nice.

Nobody shall replace my Reddybear, dagnabbit!

So many duplicates. Can this Farfetch’d ever hope to live up to the legacy of the legendary Spoony? I think not.

Well, given my hunger level, now seems a good idea to bite into some nice, tasty incendiary power!

For that, you must SUFFER!

And he accepts my gift, like a lover should.

Reddybear wandering around randomly and swatting at the air is not a status effect. It’s Saturday night.

This could easily be inconvenient.

Fortunately, Ledyba’s random moving about quickly resulted in them coming to the shore.

Reddybear finally leveled up!

Cute though the mental image may be, it’s not really befitting of Reddybear. Not to mention, well, it’s really not very useful, being a debuff. A melee debuff, at that.

From this run, the rewards were a Power Band (basic attack-boosting hold item), a Blue Gummi, 400 Poké, and 30 rescue points. An okay haul, that!

A short day, admittedly, but a useful level up makes it worthwhile.