Oh man I love this movie. Let's Riff The Order: 1886

A Frenchman who spends a lot of his time in America, obsessed with freedom… Is the Marquis de Lafayette the same one as in Hamilton? I mean, it he would be around 100 years old at the point of the game but he could be supernatural"

Any news about the next update?

Nah, Gilbert du Motier died in 1834. I think the developers just used the name in a similar fashion to the Arthurian names, as taken names by characters in-game.

Sorry it’s been so long! To make up for it, I’m going to make the next update a double update. I’m aiming for Thursday, hopefully.

Why did this game start in media res? It doesn’t make sense from a gameplay or narrative position, and it’s just confusing as all hell.

Seems like a cheap way to force characterization. There’s dramatic irony from knowing that the people the protagonist is friends with are going to turn on him. Or him on them. So it “adds” to the characters’ depth.

Look we could question the quality of the story for starting in media res but we have werewolves and / or homeless people to hunt and / or shoot.

Episode 2: Amongst Equals … CommentaryNo Commentary

Episode 3: Inequalities … CommentaryNo Commentary

I’ll try to keep it more than a month before I update again this time.

1 Like

Tesla’s voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, so I can see how his voice is so recognizable, considering he barely changes it.

Also, I did kind of wish that they would have done something a little more substantial for the hacking minigame than just simple timed button presses. Sure, it’s easy, but it doesn’t make it engaging.

I do like Galahad’s little Bloodborne half-cape, even though it seems pointless to only wear it on one side. It forms an Assassin’s Creed A in its negative space!

Wait, when he’s sitting at council he’s wearing it on both sides! I call shenanigans.

The steel bib is a gorget. It evolved from a piece of neck armor into a symbol of military rank. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorget

1 Like

Lafayette’s french accent and random language switching is thoroughly irritating, especially his “mon dieu”'s which he spits out with about as much conviction as I brush my teeth.

Plot twist, Lafeyette is actually a cockney named Swarthy Jim who’s decided to fake being French so people will think he’s posh and who got the name off an American Revolution postcard.

2 Likes

While y’all were going on about the thermite gun’s functionality, I was still thinking about the pointlessness and silliness of the double barreled revolver. Does it shoot two bullets every shot with one hammer or does it have two triggers for each shot, either way it seems impractical. And worst of all it reminds me of Dirge of Cerberus.

So do we ever get an explanation for why Perceval is Mr. Mouthy at Lafayette for crossing himself in the exact same scene where he heals a gushing neck wound by slurping up water from the Holy Grail? Is it a thing where the Grail is just one of those magical things that are real but not because of divine influence or any such business?

Maybe Percy is just a Telegraph Atheist, and likes to bring it up at any moment he can, especially in the face of death.

He said “there’s no God who can help you,” so maybe he just takes “God helps those who help themselves” to an annoying extreme.

“He helps those who helps themselves… to the black water from the holy grail. GLUG GLUG GLUG.”

2 Likes

It’s just a burst fire handgun, not really that odd except that they made the burst fire pistol the revolver instead of the would-be, bulktastic, mauser-a-like.

Reminds me of my favorite bible passage, Isaiah 8:11- “For thus the LORD spoke to me with mighty power and instructed me to CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!”

1 Like

I know there’s a betrayal angle coming up from the prologue, but are the protagonists meant to be so unsympathetically wading through the London streets and gunning down the underclass?