NBA 2FE: Black Eagle Dunk Force

That’s an extremely Navarre thing for Basketball AU Navarre to do.

Absolutely in love with this stadium name.

Dedue loves fiercely but once and once only and never rebounds. Extremely canon.

@LoakaMossi, through tears: N-Nice.

LOL the current authenticity of the Basketball AU characters to their canon characters is sending me.

:allears:

Haha it really was just some second string nobody. Amazing. But honestly, Guy Just There to Fill Out the Roster is the most Fire Emblem trait of all. Dewan is an isekai protagonist and I believe in him.

Relatable.

This is great. Hopefully there’s a way for you to put resized gifs in the thread so you don’t have to offsite host (not that I mind it) maybe @dijondujour or @WordOnTheWind can help explain how to get reasonable sized gifs in here?

2 Likes

The important question is: did Navarre dunk on any of the female players? Because if he did, that’s not Navarre, that’s Samuel.

2 Likes

Navarre had one dunk, on Xander. Camilla has 4 dunks, all on Navarre. And she blocked him twice. It was almost too perfect.

3 Likes

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED

If you want to host your images and gifs natively just drag and drop them from your files directly into the text box when making a new post.

If you want to resize them from there this post explains way better than I could https://meta.discourse.org/t/quick-image-resizing-and-markdown-image-dimensions/66812

1 Like

Thank you so much! That’s definitely informative, and will keep posts on here and readable!

Edit:

I have some game choices here, pick which 2 appeal to you, I’ll be covering 3 (Manager Teams are in italics):

Day 4
Valentia @ Nohr
Sreng @ Nuvelle
Hoshido @ Valla
Charon @ Western Church
Leicester @ Almyra
Morfis @ Albinea
Friege @ Eastern Church
Rhodos Coast @ Valm
Fhirdiad @ Ylisse

Day 5
Brigid @ Garreg Mach
Macedon @ Ailell
Fort Merceus @ Enbarr
Nohr @ Hoshido
Valentia @ Charon
Garreg Mach Town @ Airmid
Almyra @ Gloucester
Morfis @ Agartha
Valm @ Fhirdiad
Plegia @ Friege

After these games I will go into depth about player upgrades for the manager teams!

Day 4: interested in seeing Hoshido Vs Valla
Day 5: Gotta go with GERREG MACH

FLY EAGLES FLY

owl
FLY OWLS FLY

1 Like

You know I gotta watch Sreng vs Nuvelle. Don’t mind watching Hoshido vs Valla either (even though I fucking hate Hoshido and Nohr)

Day 5 I kinda wanna see Morfis vs Argatha. I hope they have a dubstep theme.

@BookClubBasil If possible I would like to draft/recruit Dewan into my team (Sreng) and sculpt him into the isekai protagonist he is meant to be.

1 Like

I want to watch Morfis @ Albinea and Almyra @ Gloucester.

1 Like

Day 4, I’d say Rhodos Coast vs Valm. I wann know what their collective deals are.

Day 5 I wanna see Fort Merceus vs Enbarr. I’m double-biased because one’s my team and the other is just the Black Eagles.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the Fodlan League! The tallied up votes for games to watch ended up fairly even, so I put together a 4 game slate for you!

Game 1: Sreng @ Nuvelle

The first game is a manager showdown between Sreng Basketball Club and the Nuvelle Mariners. Sreng is largely a defensive team that focuses on ball control, and Nuvelle is about dunks, athleticism, and three pointers.

Things didn’t go Sreng’s way from the start. This gif in particular might be the greatest one any 2k game has delivered to me:

Nuvelle pulled out to a quick 18-6 lead, and ended the 1st quarter up 24-14, mostly on the back of:

and

Sreng spent most the 2nd quarter behind by double digits, and Nuvelle kept

Dunking

And providing good ball movement leading to nice shots:

But Sreng wouldn’t go away.

By halftime, the score was 50-48, Nuvelle holding a slight lead.

The 3rd quarter was incredibly slow in comparison, but Sreng’s grind-it style of play got them a 1 point advantage going into the 4th, 67-68.
In the 4th, Sreng pulled out a quick 6 points, giving them a 67-75 lead. It was then that Nuvelle began a furious comeback.

But in the end, it was too little too late, and after some late foul shots, Sreng pulled out the 94-87 win.

Game 2: Fhirdiad @ Ylisse

We go to quite possibly the most physical game so far. Ylisse was considered a preseason favorite, but Cordelia was already sidelined with a twisted ankle by the end of game 1. Down their starting Small Forward, Ylisse focused on physicality on the inside early, and lots of outside shooting from Robin and Tharja.

The only person who seemed to be able to answer was one Felix Fraldarius.

The 1st quarter ended in a 21-21 shootout.

At this point, things got a little too physical. While going for a rebound, Chrom lifted his head, and the back of it made contact

With Dimitri’s nose.

Dimitri would take the rest of the half off, and has a broken nose that will take 4-6 weeks to fully heal.

For the rest of the half, Frederick and Tharja took over.

Ylisse would stumble into a 49-46 halftime lead, with Chrom sitting on 4 fouls.

The second half would be Fhirdiad domination. Dimitri came back, and took over with 8 rebounds and 18 second half points.

And at the end of the 3rd, Ylisse faces a huge disaster.

Chrom fouls out and Felix tells him to go sit down.

An absolutely dominant 4th quarter led to a 20 point blowout, as Fhirdiad would continue their run, 103-83. Ylisse will be looking for revenge later in the year, once Cordelia is healthy again.

Game 3: Nohr v Hoshido

Welcome to the Mikoto Memorial Court!

Wait… who has Hoshido lost to?

Agartha by 5 and … Valla by 23? How did they lose by 23 to an unmanaged NPC team?

God damn it, Hoshido are the New York Knicks.

But in true Knicks fashion, this game became a clinic performed by one player.

Hinoka had the game of a lifetime. 22 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 block. On perfect shooting.

She

Could

Not

Miss

Nohr was practically useless in this game, barely keeping up with the red hot pegasus knight.

The end result was an 88-75 win for Honor of Hoshido, and frankly it should’ve been closer to 95-75.

Game 4: Almyra v Gloucester

Welcome back to the Gloucester Center of Sports and Recreation! Both teams entered this contest winless, being 2 of 4 teams going through the toughest early season gauntlets. (Brigid and Plegia being the other 2). However, Almyra held Leicester to under 100 points and managed to stay within 15 in a 98-84 loss; so things were shaping up to be a closely contested battle.

The game started in a heated way when the starting lineup for Almyra refused to look center-court, perhaps protesting the cruel treatment of Almyrans by the Leicester Alliance?

Gloucester decided that this insult would not stand, and started aggressively.

That early block set the tone, and set the stage for a defensive first quarter. Neither team would pass 20 points, with a 17-18 advantage going to the Fine Gloucester Lads.

The 2nd quarter was a different story, as Almyra took a long time to heat up, and Gloucester began to hit shots.

When our isekai adventurer, Dewan Hernandez, got back in the game, he decided he wanted some of the action.

What had been a 18-17 lead ballooned into a 40-21 lead, which is when Almyra tried to come back.

At halftime, Almyra had clawed back to get within 11, down 40-29.

The 3rd quarter started much like the 2nd, with Gloucester taking good fundamental shots and extending the lead to 60-42. Almyra struggled to make a dent in Gloucester’s defense, and they seemed rattled.

However, even though it seemed like too little too late, Almyra showed what it was made of in the 4th.

This dunk and extra free throw (and 1) cut the lead into single digits, as Gloucester struggled to score on the suddenly stout Almyran defense. The score was now 64-56, and Almyra was going strong.

Say hello to what may be my favorite dunk in the series so far, which brought the Almyrans within 4 with 12 seconds left (66-62). Unfortunately, with only those few seconds remaining, they ran out of time to finish the comeback, and Gloucester sank 4 free throws to win their first game, 70-62.

No thrilling finishes like last time, but a lot more competitive, and I think Ylisse/Fhirdiad may become a rivalry to enjoy.

2 Likes

Scores for the rest of the weekend will be in this post, as well as what comes next for you managers!

Scores for game-days 4-6 (winners bolded and manager teams italicized:

Day 4:
Valentia 96 Nohr 82
Sreng 94 Nuvelle 87
Hoshido 75 Valla 98
Charon 99 Eastern Church 111
Leicester 98 Almyra 84
Morfis 93 Albinea 99
Friege 116 Western Church 109
Rhodos Coast 84 Valm 112
Fhirdiad 103 Ylisse 83

Day 5
Brigid 95 Garreg Mach 114
Macedon 104 Ailell 81
Fort Merceus 95 Enbarr 108
Nohr 75 Hoshido 88
Valentia 100 Charon 83
Garreg Mach Town 92 Airmid 77
Almyra 62 Gloucester 70
Morfis 77 Agartha 101
Valm 100 Fhirdiad 115
Plegia 86 Friege 103

Day 6
Sacae 101 Albinea 103
Valla 81 Eastern Church 97
Rhodos Coast 100 Leicester 105
Brigid 81 Sreng 85
Nuvelle 93 Ylisse 101

Now that week 1 is over, the managers have some stuff to do if you wish:

1. Change any focus and practice methods you want for week 2.
  2. Name all 15 of your players (including Gloucester, who I named mostly for fun)
  3. 6 of your players will get 15 skill points to allocate as you wish. I will make a list of the skills and players on the roster later tonight, so don’t worry! This will give you an advantage over other teams, and push your players more towards how you want them to play. This will happen once a month in the season.

Okay, so for managers, you have 3 of each of these players:

#41, Power Forward, 72 overall
#36, Small Forward, 71 overall
#33, Center, 68 overall
#1, Shooting Guard, 66 overall
#37, Point Guard, 64 overall

The Guards are worse at rebounding and their height drops their overall number drastically, just so you’re aware.

You can give 6 players 15 skill points each to distribute amongst the following skills.

Offense: Driving Layup, Post Fade (What Hinoka does), Post Hook (What people did in the 70s), Post Moves, Draw Foul, Close Shot, Medium Shot, 3 Pt Shot, Ball Handling, Pass Accuracy, Offensive Rebound, Standing Dunk, Driving Dunk, Hands (how well you can catch the ball)

Defense: Defensive Rebound, Interior D, Perimeter D, Block, Steal, Contest Shot, Reaction Time

Athleticism: Lateral Speed (side to side movement), Speed, Acceleration, Vertical, Strength, Hustle (how often you work hard)

Mental: Pass Perception, Pass IQ, Offensive IQ, Defensive/Offensive Consistency, Defensive IQ

You can move these skill points however you choose, for example:

Gloucester’s Quark Handknuckle is a 64 overall Point Guard, and the manager wants him to get better at running the offense. He might give him 3 points each in Offensive IQ, Pass IQ, Pass Accuracy, and Ball Handling, and use the last 3 points on perimeter defense or lateral speed to make him better at defending other point guards. Or he could truly double down on defense and give him 15 points in steals, moving his steal ability to 81.

Here’s what I want for my Albinean team.

-Power Forward (2/3)
–Driving Dunk: +5
–Offensive IQ: +5
–Speed: +5

-Power Forward (1/3)
–Speed: +15 (I want to see if boosting speed and only speed will mess with the game engine at all)

-Small Forward
–Driving Dunk: +5
–Speed: +5

-Center:
–Close Shot: +5
–Hands: +5

-Shooting Guard
–Hands: +5
–3 Pt Shot: +5

-Point Guard
–Pass Accuracy: +5
–Pass Perception: +5

1 Like

I can accept being dunked on by Edelgard. That’s fine.

I’ll keep my practice methods the same. If the guy who’s good at offense is power forward, then give him the first listed skill points.

Power Forward 1 (I remembered that the Death Knight is also associated with Fort Merceus, and as such I will give this man Distant Counter no matter how dumb it might be.)
+5 Driving Dunk
+3 Hands
+3 Steal
+2 Strength
+2 Offensive IQ

Power Forward 2 (I’ll try to make this one more sensible.)
+5 Medium Shot
+2 Offensive Rebound
+4 Hustle
+4 Offensive IQ

Small Forward 1
+3 Pass Accuracy
+3 Hands
+3 Block
+3 Steal
+3 Speed

Center 1
+4 Defensive Rebound
+4 Steal
+3 Hustle
+4 Defensive/Offensive Consistency

Shooting Guard 1
+3 Hands
+3 Block
+3 Vertical
+3 Hustle
+3 Defensive IQ

Point Guard 1
+3 Pass Accuracy
+3 Perimeter Defense
+3 Block
+3 Hustle
+3 Defensive IQ

And lastly, names:
PF1: Jeritza (Unless that’s already taken, in which his name is… I dunno, Dennis.)
PF2: D.B.
PF3: Fort Knightguy

SF1: Max
SF2: Bowie
SF3: Julian

C1: Eins
C2: Zwei
C3: Drei

SG1: Vier
SG2: Funf
SG3: Sechs

PG1: Sieben
PG2: Acht
PG3: Neun

1 Like

I like that Hinoka is doing well as she and Rinkah are the only characters I like in the entirety of Fates. Also, wow, my team is doing really well! I hope they keep it up but I know nothing about sports so it’s time to blow this whole thing.

First, names and positions: (Everyone is named after a supporting character in an isekai)

1. Beverly Switzler (Shooting Guard)
  2. Sango (Shooting Guard)
  3. Mrs. Beaver (Center)
  4. Donna Noble (Point Guard)
  5. Nanami Kiryuu (Power Forward)
  6. Sprigg (Small Forward)
  7. Ritz Malheur (Center)
  8. Lancelot (Center)
  9. Geoffrey Butler (Small Forward)
  10. Fujin (Shooting Guard)
  11. Jake Sisko (Point Guard)
  12. Walter Gibbs (Point Guard)
  13. Dr. Hans Zarkov (Shooting Guard)
  14. Charles Barkley (Power Forward)
  15. Shadow the Hedgehog (Power Forward)

Now point allocations:
Nanami Kiryuu: Rebounding 7, Strength 4, Movement 4
Ritz Malheur: Rebounding 10, Post Moves 5
Donna Noble: Steal 8, Ball Handling 4, 3 Pt Shot 3
Jake Sisko: Ball Handling, 8, Medium Shot 4, 3 Pt Shot 3
Mrs. Beaver: Rebounding 10, Post Moves 5
Charles Barkley:

Running Dunk 9, Vertical 5, Strength 1

2 things: Everyone’s point guards got a full boost in pass accuracy, because for some reason they all dropped to 36 overall in that. Now everyone has a 65 base pass accuracy, so yeah. (If you made adjustments to accuracy from there I added it on top)

I’m gonna try just going through a whole week for this next update, but I’ll do 4 game slates from now on. Please vote for 4 of the following matches:

October 28th
Macedon @ Enbarr
Albinea @ Gloucester
Sacae @ Almyra
Fhirdiad @ Friege
Rhodos @ Agartha

October 29th
Enbarr @ Brigid

October 30th
Hoshido @ Fort Merceus
Sreng @ Macedon
Garreg Mach @ Nohr
Nuvelle @ Valm

HALLOWEEN
Agartha @ Plegia

November 1st
Gloucester @ Valla
Hoshido @ Nohr
Ylisse @ Leicester

November 2nd
Almyra @ Albinea
Valentia @ Garreg Mach
Sreng @ Morfis
Nuvelle @ Sacae

November 3rd
Ylisse @ Agartha

Halloween has a horrendous slate of games with no manager teams or big teams other than Agartha. White Heron Season will prove to be much more entertaining.

I want to see my team, so Albinea @ Gloucester and Almyra @ Albinea. I also want to see my girlfriend’s team, so Hoshido @ Fort Merceus. Finally, let’s see Enbarr @ Brigid.

Also, I didn’t realize I was supposed to come up with names, so here I go, the worst names I could find:

PF1: Lumpy Gash
PF2: Hob Gobbler
PF3: Rimmy Tim

SF1: Bodge
SF2: Gob
SF3: Minge

C1: Drippy Spaff
C2: Mundge-Bimp
C3: Vibrating Munt

SG1: Kipper
SG2: Floppy
SG3: Fuddly

PG1: Bemp
PG2: Abednego
PG3: Cromslom

Nothing pleases me more than bad basketball.
halloween agartha vs plegia on lock prime time commentated by charles barkley and shaq in halloween outfits sportscenter nonsense

Beyond that:
Gerreg Mach @ Nohr 10/30
Valentia @ Gerreg Mach 11/2
Lyisse @ Leicester 11-1

Everyone having (what I assume is) a good pass accuracy is consistent with pretty much any late game FE character on normal mode. Weapon triangle means nothing, I’ll hit pass to who I want.

Anyway, gonna vote for:
Macedon vs Enbarr
Sacae vs Almyra
Enbarr vs Brigid
Hoshido vs Fort Merceus

He’s busy.

Voting for Agartha @ Plegia, Sreng @ Macedon, Hoshido @ Nohr, and Albinea @ Gloucester

@BookClubBasil You’ll show some screenshots of the signs and ads in the game, right?