Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: When the Moon Hits Your Eye…

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, we find that Obito survived the cave-in! After being saved by a mysterious stranger, he begins his physical therapy in the hopes of one day returning to his friends. During his stay, Obito hears that Rin and Kakashi may be in trouble nearby, and so he leaves to help them. However, what he finds may make him wish he’d died back in that cave…

3 Likes

Those Zetsus are looking pretty Jojo’s.

White Zetsu is a treasure and always will be, and the decision to make Obito’s army consist of nothing but the guy who said “Tobi is a good boy!” was actually good.

3 Likes

Agreed.

Apropos of nothing, but remember when there was a Naruto movie, and it had a little short before the movie, and that short was a complete rehash of the expired milk episode? Good times. Good, poop joke filled times.

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, the flashback ends and we return to the present, where Obito and Madara’s plan is in full swing! Using some of their own chakra, they release the Ten-Tails, a monster created from the combined power of the Tailed Beasts. Naruto and Killer Bee, as the last two jinchuriki, stand up against this new enemy, but will their power be enough to stop it?

Characters Introduced This Episode

Killer Bee
Yo yo yo, Killer Bee doesn’t need an introduction, fool ya fool! The vessel for the Eight-Tails, Killer Bee is an expert swordsman with a penchant for rapping. He may not be interested in his role as a jinchuriki, but he’s a reliable ally when push comes to shove.

The Eight-Tails
A demon currently residing in Killer Bee. Although they work together well, the Eight-Tails can’t stand Killer Bee’s rap music and constantly pushes him to take his job more seriously. Still, they can’t deny Bee’s incredible fighting prowess, and will always help when necessary.

The Nine-Tails
A demon currently residing in Naruto. While they made have had their problems with Naruto before, his undying optimism and penchant for seeing the best in all people held turn the Nine-Tails into a valuable ally and friend. Finally, the two can work as one.

Hinata Hyuga
A member of the Hidden Leaf Village’s Team Kurenai. Hinata may not be the most relevant character, but her confidence in Naruto can always help him get back up and keep fighting. Her family has probably the coolest magic eye power, the Byakugan, but unfortunately the Sharingan outclasses it so we don’t get to see it in action much anymore.

Neji Hyuga
A member of the Hidden Leaf Village’s Team Guy. Probably the most well-regarded ninja of Naruto’s generation, his ability to restrict an opponent’s chakra flow using his Byakugan techniques is a huge asset in battle. While he may have been cold and uncaring before, he’s come to understand the meaning of teamwork and sacrifice.

1 Like

I’m only like 1 minute in but oh my god Adult Obito has the least intimidating voice.

Edit: Oh hey, they casually told you the names of the 8 Tails and 9 Tails through the interface and not a cutscene.

1 Like

Wow, this anime is very cool.

Kakashi and Guy are surprisingly calm about jumping into the mouth of the monster that destroyed their village.

So if Madara or Obito were really clever, when Naruto said he’d bare any pain for his friends take him up on that offer. Send him the sensation of all the previous ninja’s right as they die just for a soul crushing attack.

I really love just how over the top Might Guy’ VA is. He is just giving it his all. It’s such a shame we don’t see much of him in the series.

I also love that this person whose only real power is punching and kicking good is considered one of the best ninjas in the world.

1 Like

Might Guy can do some ninja magic, unlike his student Rock Lee. His voice actor is basically the best, though.

Just watched the latest episode.

I forgot how quickly this would come back on me. WELP.

1 Like

Rank B stands for Killer Bee and is the most powerful rank.

2 Likes

The way that Might Guy says Kakashi is just fantastic.

2 Likes

:siren: SUPER UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, we’ve finished Naruto’s path, and so it’s time to look at Sasuke’s side! And whaddaya know, it’s only one video long! After his fight against Kabuto with his revived brother Itachi, Sasuke is at odds with himself. Can he still fight against the Hidden Leaf Village that caused him and his brother so much pain, or can he learn to love the village in the same way that his brother did? Well thankfully he’s not alone in this self-reflection, and so it’s time to help Sasuke find his resolve and maybe a pardon for his crimes against the village!

I’ll upload our video on the side stories in the middle of the week so that next Sunday we can just right into Chapter 2!

Characters Introduced This Episode

Sasuke Uchiha
A former member of the Hidden Leaf Village’s Ninja Team 7 and current wanted war criminal. After a chance encounter with his revived brother Itachi, Sasuke finds himself conflicted in his quest for vengeance against the system that ruined his and his brother’s lives. With a little bit of help from his friends, he might just be able to uncover his brother’s truth and find the conviction he needs to help save the world.

Suigetsu Hozuki
An ex-prisoner of Orochimaru and a member of Sasuke’s team, the Taka. This thirsty boy could never give up on his friend, and brings a sense of comic relief to his teammates. Just be careful around him, or you may end up in a Soak Zone.

Jugo
An ex-prisoner of Orochimaru and a member of Sasuke’s team, the Taka. Still missing some real clothes, Jugo has been hanging out with Suigetsu while waiting for Sasuke to finish his solo mission. He’s still tough, buff, and ready to bash some skulls.

Kabuto Yakushi
Former member of the Hidden Leaf Village, former spy for Sasori, former underling to Orochimaru, former catalyst of the Fourth Great Ninja War, current prisoner to Sasuke. After being caught in an endless trap by Sasuke and Itachi, Kabuto finds himself working with his former allies to put an end to this end-of-the-world scenario he directly caused. Maybe his snake-like abilities can help him sneak his way back into everyone’s good graces.

Orochimaru
Guess who’s back! A high-ranking rogue ninja from the Hidden Leaf Village, Orochimaru once again used his sealing jutsus to hide away within someone close to him, waiting for just the right moment to revive and rejoin the fight. However, with things getting severely out of hand, it looks like he’ll be working for the good guys this time. No more human experiments for this snake man!

Hiruzen Sarutobi
The Third Hokage. After dying trying to stop Orochimaru the first time, it must be awkward for Hiruzen to be revived by him. Still, the Allied Ninja Forces are going to need all the help they can get to face off against Madara, so why not call upon him once again.

Tobirama Senju
The Second Hokage and brother to Hashirama Senju. Tobirama was integral in the development of the Hidden Leaf Village, creating institutions such as the academy as well as the special forces group Anbu. He also developed the Shadow Clone and Reincarnation techniques, inadvertently planting the seeds for both sides of the Fourth Great Ninja War. He shares a deep sense of family with the village and believes in pragmatism.

Karin
An ex-jailer of Orochimaru and a member of Sasuke’s team, the Taka. Although he stabbed her through the chest with a laser in the last game, it seems Karin just can’t quit Sasuke. Although she doesn’t provide a ton of support outside of medical necessities to the Taka, you can’t have a team of just three.

:siren: WOW, A PODCAST! :siren:

YouTube

MP3 Download

In contrast to this Let’s Play of a video game based on an anime, it’s time to talk about an anime based on a video game! My friend BeamSplashX is a fan of the Devil May Cry series, and so we got together to discuss Devil May Cry the Animated Series, a side-story set before DMC4 and meant to act as a lead-up to that game’s release. However, some tone issues and a lot of misunderstandings about the charm of the source material leave this adaptation underwhelming, a collection of neat ideas that fail to deliver. If you’ve never heard of this before and wonder why, well… here’s a three hour discussion that dissects all of that for you.

3 Likes

Just what IS a ninja??? so ponders Sasuke.

What can change the nature of a ninja?

The gooniest president was William Howard Taft.

Do not speak ill of the bathtub president!

I hope this game covers up to a very specific point because I made a terrible but great image about this man, this wonderful wet man, that I want to share but will carry absolutely no sense unless the scene in question is shown.

Also the game better show Karin and his fight about who’s weirder and Orochimaru just makes spooky ghost noises while wiggling his neck and fingers going “I’m the weirdest weirdo, now get moving before I bite you” because Naruto is a bad series overall but fuck if they didn’t make Orochimaru truly enjoyable to watch do things. Even if it he a monster. He, Suigetsu, and Neiji are my favorite characters.

…I’m genuinely upset that no one caught that root joke you made by the way. Come on guys. At least give us a pity moan.

I’ll probably post about this later at a more relevant time, but I want to note that Sasuke went to all this trouble to ask the ninja presidents for advice. What he got was the second one being like “hey so actually genetically your entire family is predetermined to go insane with love if we don’t blind you”, and a bunch of sort of okay philosophizing about life and shit. If it actually affected him or not remains to be seen.