My Only Objective Is You - Let's Pizza A Way Out!

Co-op games just have the potential to be way more fun than singleplayer games, for me anyway.

Though often pretty stupid, I find this game a lot of fun, even just watching.

The hard hat question reminds me of a Finnish safety PSA: Watch out for thin ice

Kaubocks finally has his damn dream come true. He’s tired of having to take turns with Leo’s gun. Why does Leo get his own gun anyway? Vinny is old enough! It’s not fair!

2 Likes

I love this stupid, fantastically made game. This is the best kind of nonsense.

The way Vincent talks about the guns is incidentally the second most precise date on the story, after the way whatsherface dresses. He says “The boys in Nam use these” about the M16. “Brand new MP5” implies it hasn’t been many years since its introduction in 1966. So yeah, 70’s.

Did either of the protagonists vote for Nixon?

Leo definitely did, that or the Libertarian party of the time (whatever nonsense that’d be). Vincent seems more like he’d vote conservative even though he’ll complain endlessly about them doing good things. But only in private.

Also jesus Leo just…he broke out of prison with you. Just say that, that’s fine. Those are magic words to make crime people like you. You can trust people you break out of prison with.

So we torture the dude who we received basically no backstory on…but we implicitly trust the lady who immediately turns on us. Man we DO suck at crime.

…of all the things I wasn’t expecting, “Leo’s the heart of this team” was definitely high up on the list.

EDITED TO ADD: that is the world’s SHITTIEST assassin. THAT’S your best man Harvey?

1 Like

Libertarian Party was founded in 1971 as a response to Richard Nixon funnily enough.

2 Likes

I think Harvey’s chosen assassin say’s a lot about the quality of goons he works with, when his best man operates like that. Outside of that the The crime bromance drama continues with Leo the heart that shoots people, and Vincent the rational head of the two. Joined occasionally by pizza.

2 Likes

Wow new episode! And time for the miracle of life! This game has everything! Also we finally establish a year for this game, it’s 1969, nice as hell

4 Likes

The game is apparently set in 1972, so it makes sense that Leo talks about the live footage from the surface of the moon like it’s a regular thing he’s seen a few times before. If it is in the spring, that would make it Apollo 16. Lunar Module pilot Charles duke’s first words from the lunar surface were “Fantastic! Oh, that first foot on the lunar surface is super, Tony!”.

7 Likes

That side scroller segment was just fantastic. Also Vincent does a really good, i’m sick or unhinged act.

I’m imagining that entire segment in like, an actual film. By like the John Wick director, as just an example.

And I think I’m dead. That’s too good. Give us a film of this.

The framing on that hospital escape sequence was absolutely incredible all the way through. Giving Leo that beat em up section was a stroke of genius.

This game is legit.

1 Like

this is really interesting but nothing will stop the game from, in my head, canonically taking place on 4/20 '69

3 Likes

Every day is 4/20 in A Way Out.

I was gonna reply with this but kaubocks beat me!! Anyway I’m glad I could make clear my ignorance on the moon landings but my huge preference for screaming 69 NICE at any possible second

1 Like

Apollo 16 landed on the moon on April 21st and took off on the 24th, so some scene before this point had to be on 4/20 for real. I hope that was farmhouse day.

3 Likes

I think it was powerful son day.

I think that this latest episode was the coolest part of the LP so far. The transitions between each character and sustained moments of full-screen gameplay in a game that’s been mostly split-screen so far made for a really awesome scene. I think that my favorite part was Leo’s beat-'em-up section. It was just so crisp and cool how everything moved in that segment.

I’m really excited to see what’s going to happen next.

2 Likes