Marth Goes to War With His #1 Fan - Let's Play Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem

Part 6: Steel Yourself

Many months have passed since the 7th Platoon began their training. Now, their testing nears its conclusion. But their final challenges promise to be the most difficult, or at least that’s what Jagen and Cain keep saying. But the 7th Platoon may now have a major advantage that could change everything: being able to choose who enters a battle.
This does not, sadly, mean Luke disappears forever. But at least we don’t have to look at him as much now, right?

New Characters

3 Likes

Part 7: Tearing Shadows

It’s time for celebration, as the 7th Platoon have finally finished their training. Iris and her friends can fulfill their dreams of becoming knights, and even serve Prince Marth. One has to wonder about that strange choice of title for the chapter, though.

New Characters

4 Likes

I know this wasn’t the first time you mentioned how FE Heroes spoils the Prologue here, but I didn’t really know what you meant until you explained it in the latest video. I might have blown through the paralogues too fast to retain any of their stories, because I still wasn’t expecting this little twist.

It does remind me that FE Warriors features some pretty significant spoilers about Robin from Awakening. Obviously, neither of those games have anything to do with this one, but it just goes to show you that Nintendo doesn’t mind playing fast and loose with Fire Emblem spoilers.

I guess they assume that only fans of the series actually play the spinoffs… even though fans Hyrule Warriors/Warriors games in general would probably play FE Warriors. And then of course there’s Lucina, whose mere existence is a spoiler, being on Smash 4’s roster.

Caught up on the last few videos I haven’t seen. Having mostly played on Hard and up, it feels really weird seeing these Prologue chapters on Normal mode and going “Wait, isn’t there supposed to be another Fighter there…?” Prologue might not be the best example of it, but this game does some very interesting things to enemy placement on higher difficulties.

When I first played Jeorge’s version of Prologue 5, I was really hopeful he’d join you for the rest of it. Then I got very, very sad when Gordin showed up.

Very glad this is LP is going for 100% Hat Completion. It’s the most important stat. 100% Recruitment? Who cares when you’ve got HATS. On a related note, I really like the headband look on F!Kris. It’s alright on M!Kris too, but I think I just like the hairstyle change itself that F!Kris has more.

There are definitely some hard mode changes that I think are really cool, and I really wish “reinforcements move immediately” wasn’t one of them.
What, you mean you prefer a sniper over “Ryan but less so?” I can’t at all see why that’d be the case.
Hats are very important and Iris will never stop changing into very good hats.

Part 8: Altea Rides Again

A year after the 7th Platoon’s knight training, and two years after the War of Shadows, Marth found his upcoming marriage to Princess Caeda interrupted. Hardin, now the twenty-fourth emperor of Archanea, had sent an order to Altea, instructing them to subjugate a rebellion that had started in Grust. With no choice but to act, Marth left for Grust with the 7th Platoon.

New Characters

1 Like

I forgot how much Lorenz looked like Big Boss.

1 Like

I never got the fascination with growth rates when judging jeigan-type units. Considering some of the best ones out there have next to no growths it just shows a bigger emphasis on bases.

Eyvel and Conquest/Gunter are some of the few characters I can think of with solid enough bases that they don’t fall behind overall. Otherwise it’s probably about long term use, and how their stats look in comparison to the rest of the team’s. Like, Arran’s 10 defense actually isn’t terrible considering my usual team composition, but I tend to look more at strength, skill and speed.

Part 9: UnWarrented

A rebellion has erupted in Macedon, and Princess Minerva has been captured. Despite Lang punishing Grust as he pleases, Altea must set their priorities on saving the Crimson Dragoon. And on their way, they must fight their way through the woods of Macedon and face a small detachment of Dragon Knights, as well as everybody’s favorite character*, Warren.

New Characters

I don’t know who the fuck Warren is either.

3 Likes
1 Like

geno_nod

1 Like

Bonus Part 1: The Other Hero of Shadow

In what is probably going to be the longest bonus episode in the entire playthrough, we look at some of the alternate dialogue and prologue chapters. By playing a complete idiot, I guess.

New Characters

3 Likes

I’ve got a good idea for a new hairdo for Luke. Just give me five minutes and a working toilet.

1 Like

I like how characters keep saying Iris’ name and swearing they’ll always remember her when the very introduction says nobody remembers her.

What jerks.

1 Like

Part 10: Missing in Len-Action

The Altean Army has reached the heart of the Macedonian Rebellion. In order to save Minerva, they must defeat Rucke, the Rebellion’s leader. Can Marth and friends overcome the ultimate trial of: a very boring map? Or will they fall prey to the 0 soldiers stationed around the long walk to the upper section of the map?

New Characters

3 Likes

Part 11: Wrys Guy

A year has gone by since Katarina’s betrayal, and now the Altean Army encounters the assassins again. This time, the assassins are targeting Marth’s former allies, and plan on eliminating them before they can rejoin the Altean army. Marth and Iris must hurry to this allie’s side before they find themselves at the end of a lance.

… From some admittedly slow-moving knights. I mean look, the assassins know screen boundaries exist. A small Y-axis is the perfect method for surrounding one’s target.

4 Likes

I know you mentioned them before, but it’s nice to see a glass weapon make an appearance.

…Of course, I imagine they’re much less exciting when you can’t take advantage of that skill in Awakening that prevents weapons from losing durability.

Wrys’s head is really big.