Lettuce Play Overcooked! (with Chef Cheezum)

It looked like one of the pizzas caught on fire and was cooked. Is that supposed to happen?

7 Likes

Time for the CHRISTMAS DLC! :open_mouth:

(This also has one of my favorite “Next Time On…” reels of the gang, hope you enjoy!)

8 Likes

Oh my god, that level that just has all the food lying around.

I just started watching this and hoo boy is this a joy. Greatly enjoying this one so far. It’s always great to watch co-ops of chaotic games where stepping on another’s toes is practically a pastime.

I really loved some of the levels in the Festive DLC. I just wish it had a little more variety in it’s food. I can only make stew so many times. I see the rotating level in the Next Time On, and oh boy, was that a level.

1 Like

Stew should have just been multi-ingredient from the beginning of the game and the first winter level should have been cookies. Where are the festive cookies???

I feel like the tack the maze level was trying to get players to do was to use the conveyor belts to set down prepared ingredients for someone else to grab?

2 Likes

It’s the penultimate episode of Overcooked! It also has my favorite “Next Time On…” reel of the bunch :toot: Enjoy! Last episode will be up on Wednesday!

7 Likes

I like that when you tried to deliver the pot the only problem the game has is that its not on a plate.

Well heck that episode was downright wholesome by the second half.

1 Like

Why flamethrowers? Of all things, why flamethrowers?

It’s the most efficient way to cook.

And it’s also set fewer kitchen fires than just leaving a pot on the stove, somehow.

You guys were so close on that first attempt of the rotating level! Just one more dish delivered and you’d have cleared the three stars.

Anyway, I noticed a couple of things that I think are easy to overlook while playing and mean absolutely nothing for the two of you but could be useful to anybody else who tries playing with their significant other/s.

In the rotating level, I think the best way for two players to deal with the rotations is, rather than keep up with following the rotation, always stick to the cooking pots they started with when the centrepiece rotates. You’ll never be stuck together if you remain on diagonal opposites, plus you can always be certain about what ingredients you have access to. Alternatively, you stick to the delivery and sink diagonals, so you always know who is on deliver/dish duty.

In that turkey level, I think it can help take some of the pressure off if chopped vegetables are sent back on the conveyor belt loop for the right side to torch when the left side has too many to deal with.

In general, when you guys are about to run out of time on a dish you tend to turn it into a different one with more time if you haven’t committed to the ingredients fully, but unless time is also critically running out on the alternative, it seems like it’s worth sticking to the first dish, since completing it so soon after it refreshes grants such a high tip bonus.

THE LAST EPISODE!!! Or… IS IT?? (someone might be buying us the DLC! in which case, you can expect more vids of us losing our marbles at Overcooked.)

7 Likes

Like a fine meal, over too soon. But there’s always a chance of dessert!

It doesn’t look like the other DLC has that many water pits, so maybe Chip would have better luck with that, given he was apparently cursed to be forever drawn to the cold, dark depths of the sea/a puddle.

5 Likes

Thanks for the LP.

Merry Foodsmas.

When u think about it the water hazards are just big pots of soup with people as the ingredients. What is the ocean but a giant stew filled with fish and skeletons.

1 Like

This was a fun LP! You did really well on it. The only bad thing about doing the other DLC now is that we’ll miss out on a “Next Time On…” reel, unless you edit one into this video later on. I’m curious, did you like making a backlog and having a set schedule like this? Was it less stressful than working as you go?