Let's Talk about Tokusatsu and Power Rangers

I absolutely adore Gemn and his uber scene chewing, just going out of his way to be a magnificent dickhead.

I adore Nico because she completes the ensemble of archetypical gamers and her interactions with Taiga do a lot to take out the edgelord that he tries to be

One of the theories floating around right now is that wholesome, caring Dr. Emu is the Bugster, and the asshole gamer M who loves Winning and Winning With No Continues is the original personality.

And like, I am begging for that to be true :allears:

That would be the most beautiful thing. Though I wonder have they confirmed that Bugster was an artificially created virus or something natural that got supercharged?

I can’t wait until we find out the circumstances that lead to Kamen Rider Poppy. That is going to be something.

Genm getting creepier in each episode is maybe one of my favourite things to watch. The actor seems like he’s really enjoying it, too.

He truly has become THE GAME MASTER.

6 Likes

My favorite kamen is W, fave sentai is shinkenger, drive and ghost had about one good arc between them.

I do really like ex-aid, though it has an issue with in episode tone i hope they iron out. and while lucky’s catchprase is kinda annoying, at least he can say it with gusto.

Haven’t seen much sentai but I love Kamen Rider. My favourite is OOO. The tone and the acting and the music are all on point.

Ex-Aid’s been pretty rad so far and I’ve been excited to see it every week. Ghost really disappointed me so it’s a huge relief.

Yeah, Ghost was really squandered at like every possible opportunity, complete with a total cop-out ending. Especially after Drive, which I liked a lot.

Ex-Aid was a little rocky in the beginning, but it seems to have hit its stride with the Patient Zero arc it’s going through right now, and Dan as a villain is just really fun to watch. He chews up the scenery and generally excels as an agent of chaos.

OMG Yes, OOO’s music is my favorite, I friggen love Ska and this show does not dissapoint, the characters are soo fun.

Time judges all is the best song i’ve ever heard in a toku.

I’ve been watching Kamen Rider W and I really need to get back to it. First Rider series I started watching and I think it was a good choice.

I have to admit: Ex-Aid is very much growing on me. Mostly because of the CEO’s ever-increasing God complex.

You think wrong; it was the best choice.

2 Likes

I am loving the new forms they’re busting out, they’re just full to the brim with being overpowered.

Like seriously, Level 50 Brave. Just Level 50 Brave. He has a cape that can block attacks.

It was glorious also it can pull of a war scene if the need is there.

1 Like

Ex-Aid was pretty good this week. Some insight into Hiiro and Taiga along with nice development for Emu. Genm continues to devolve into a gamer stereotype.

I love Asuna

Emu: Maybe have your date somewh-

Asuna: FUCK NO I’m riding rollercoasters on the hospitals dime!

I really hope we find out who Asuna ate to become a complete being at some point :allears:

Please don’t drop the ball on this female character for once in your lives, Toei.

2 Likes