Let's P'zone - Enter a Realm of Pizza Discussion šŸ•

So what are peopleā€™s opinions on culture fusion pizzas?

Last year I decided to have a pizza party. I made a wood oven-baked, super spicy Korean pizza. Normal dough. Instead of tomato sauce I used a mixture of Gochujang, sesame oil, and peanut oil. I topped it with Mozzarella, Kimchi, and bacon. It was amazing.

That same day I also made a Spanish-style pizza by adding Manchego to the Mozzarella and topping it with sweet chorizo and Pata Negra ham.

I wanted to make Mole Poblano pizza by either using chicken in Mole Poblano sauce as a topping, or somehow mixing it into the base sauce, but I was so full at that point that I couldā€™t do it.

1 Like

Kebab pizza. Kebab, kebab sauce, french fries.

Delish.

Holy fuck!! :staredog:
Is he baking this pizza for his worst enemy or what?

I justā€¦ Canā€™tā€¦ Understandā€¦

Big news everyone!

http://fortune.com/video/2017/02/08/dominos-wedding-registry/?xid=gn_editorspicks&google_editors_picks=true

3 Likes

A friend and I found Wild Mikeā€™s pizza in a supermarket one day.
Reading the back of the pizza box in our best worst surfer voices was really funny.

Unfortunately I donā€™t remember what the pizza tasted like.
Look at the site, itā€™s like it fell out of the 90s and then tried to go modern and failed.

We reached this part pretty early in our D4 lp, but Iā€™d like to get everyoneā€™s opinion on the proper way to eat pizza. Is it this?

4 Likes

I usually grab 2 different topping pieces and make a sandwich.

Triple cheese pizza and Italian sausage pizza is the best thing ever. :allears:

I made my own pizza today and Iā€™m extremely proud of it even though I didnā€™t give it nearly enough time in the oven. The crust was cooked, but it didnā€™t get a chance to get crispy at all.

Please appreciate my pizza.

(there would have been pineapple if I had remembered to pick some up last week, but it was still an ok pizza)

6 Likes

The closer the crust is to a breadstick the better.

Iā€™m here to admit my pizza sins:

I only like cheese pizza. Get those toppings off of there.

My favorite pizza joint is Papa Johnā€™s. Iā€™ve had ā€œgoodā€ pizzas from pizza places that are regarded as higher quality that I still didnā€™t like as much as a plain cheese pizza from Papa Johnā€™s

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with cheese pizza!

But also Iā€™m sorry to inform you that you probably subconsciously love Papa Johnā€™s because their sauce is sweetened. It is a sugar thing.

Ah the Kaysen School technique, a classic move. But I counter with the Lemon Gambit:

Also it is completely acceptable to like plain cheese pizza, in fact I think itā€™s a good metric by which to judge a pizza place.

4 Likes

Mmm Mmm margarita pizza is simply superb. Would have liked to have fermented the dough overnight but I was strong armed into making a batch of dough tonight.

Still yearning for the day I can get an oven that goes way higher than 525.

2 Likes

Anchoviesā€¦are good.

1 Like

I believe the best pizza is none pizza with left beef. That is my controversial pizza opinion.

But also you always want to go local, thereā€™s a place near where I live that makes great pizza, with the only caveat that they cut the pizza into rectangles instead of the holy triangle. Doesnā€™t impact the excellent flavor though. Itā€™s really good.

4 Likes

The best pizza is paper thin and cut in squares. You can fold the pieces onto each other and eat an actual pizza sandwich that way.

1 Like

Pizza should only be cut into squares if itā€™s a square pizza. Thereā€™s a place near my work that cuts round pizzas into tiny square slices and itā€™s the worst.

1 Like

If itā€™s round, you can take the corners and make yourself a neat minipizza for your plate. Thereā€™s never a more beautiful sight.

I never want a minipizza. I always want a macropizza.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s never a pizza thatā€™s too large, only a fridge too small to contain the leftovers.

2 Likes