Let's Play The Sims 3 and become a Master Thief

I’ve never actually used tents, so I’m not sure.

nope, they are a standard fixture.

Huh! I thought they were portable at least.

They might be, can’t remember. I meant more that they are reusable infinitely. They are usually at good intervals in the dungeons that there is no need to move them anyway, if you are able to.

I’m really unsure about how effective shower in a can should/would be.

It does whatever a shower can.

…actually, no, you can’t fuck in it. Please do not try to fuck inside the pressurized water can.

3 Likes

Wow! The tomb exploring seems to be a fun break from usual sims daily routines. Tomb exploring could be a lucrative choice with so many jewels and relic just lying around.

Will the puzzles remain solved after sims left and re-entered the place? Seeing as needs can still decay inside tomb, it certainly is inconvenient to leave the tomb explored halfway to fulfil needs.

Looking forward to the next update on Daniella’s possible love interest :grinning:

Part 5: No One’s Loved Like Gaston

From here on out, my goal is to land Daniella a lover. But I see no reason not to pick up the next quest, and happily enough there seems to be a man named Gaston here in SimFrance. There’s no way we’re not at least looking into that.

Tall, dark and handsome! And a father, but we can make him leave his family behind eventuallywork around that.

He wants us to examine his basement, which sure sounds like a euphemism to me.

Gaston here is kinda touchy about our romantic advances, what with the wife and all, but the game - albeit somewhat altered through the NRaas suite of mods which makes the game’s behind-the-scenes logic handle itself a bit more logically - seems to think there’s something there.

So as to be equal-opportunity about the matter, I scope out her wife, but as it turns out, no one’s hot like Gaston.

Having found a goal in the form of a bearded, modestly hot dad, we buy some cookbooks in hopes of impressing him with our firm grasp on French cuisine.

Oh hey, is it nighttime already?

Let’s pay the Dutiels a visit.

Nice place! We should definitely steal some shit. Now, stealing via kleptomania basically involves clicking on an unattended room in a residential lot and clicking the “steal shit” button. It can only be done three times per night, and your Sim randomly picks an object to steal.

This time it worked out quite well. Gasty’ll REALLY appreciate our cooking now!

After stealing a few more pieces of random crap, we head into the basement and put thing in thing-shaped hole, which amuses Daniella for some reason.

Aaaaaaand I don’t really have any idea what the fuck with this puzzle. It’s probably obvious, but I quickly give up. After all, we’ve just spilled over into our fourth out of six days in France!

In the morning, Daniella wants to go to a museum. I want to say you can donate relics to them? I’m not particularly enthused by them myself.

Then it’s back to bouillabaisse camp to set the stage for some delectable seduction.

We try to give him a gift of lootwine, but we don’t know him well enough for that.

Only one thing for it.

Sorry bub, we’re not goin’ easel on you just because you’re handso-[i]GWOH[/i]

“I’m, uh, just gonna squeeze by. Don’t mind me.”

Look at this handsome fucking goober.

“…and this one time, I had a water balloon fight with a dead child!”

After working on him for a good while, Gaston has to go home and pass out.

But in the morning, it’s clear as day that we’ve made an impression.

Is Gaston lamenting a lack of income, or is it something else? I really can’t tell.

Gotta put in that pillow time before we can have that pillow time, if you know what I mean.

A good amount of chatting, gifting and hugging later we get Gasty up to Good Friend and accidentally start a date by giving him some flowers.

“I love chess, btw my biological clock is ticking”

He heads home with in a pretty good spot relationship-wise. Even if we don’t land him here, we can always invite him back to Simerica at a later date.

Also, I think Daniella misses her house.

I can’t really think of anything else that needs doing here in France, so I just ring some rando’s doorbell and start stealing their shit.

All this late night stealing means a lot of morning sleeping, of course.

Six hours of attending to our needs later, we invite Gaston back over. And minutes before the game kicks us out of France…

Let’s Play The Sims 3 and Become a Master Thief OST - Mission Accomplished

Next time: temptation and redemption.

1 Like

Aw yeah, let’s wreck that house!

1 Like

If she doesn’t end up with Gaston I might be super sad and nobody wants that.

Daniella’s already graduated to stealing hearts? She really is a master thief!

I think the puzzle is ‘move all three statues to the red side’ but shrug

Yeah I mostly didn’t want to waste days that could be spent getting into Gaston’s pants.

2 Likes

Part 6: Walking in a Winter Woohooland

We’re home once more, and it’s time to make a renovation or two.

Hmm. Something’s missing.

Perfect.

We also pick up a new bed. Please disregard the floor lamp, I was moving things.

Just because there’s an ocean between us doesn’t mean we can’t steal Gaston.

And we’re gonna see if we can butter up Sinbad, too, since Daniella wants a raise.

Dude starts making a snowman on our front porch, then makes a beeline to our back porch to start another.

Asking him for a raise doesn’t quite go as planned, but we learn that he’s Hot-Headed.

And Evil. I’m becoming increasingly glad we checked our other, Frencher options.

Another day, another Simoleon.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I installed the Generations expansion. It doesn’t add a lot of shiny new things, but it does flesh out the life stages a bit. Mostly I wanted to see if Daniella’s age-up would trigger a mid-life crisis; it didn’t.

Gaston should be arriving at our house at any moment, and naturally, we’re going to throw a birthday party on top of that.

sure

It’s a party. I don’t have much else to say on the matter.

Anyway, it’s time to age up. You can technically use a birthday cake at any time to advance to the next life stage, but we probably won’t ever do that.

…yeah, adulthood isn’t too different from young adulthood.

Life goes on, which I suppose you could say is poetic. And hey, we randomly net a promotion to the sixth echelon of crime!

Soon.

What happens next is…silly. We can’t invite Gaston over to get our flirt on because apparently the game makes foreigners autonomously visit the active town. Unsure of how long President EA’s travel ban would last, and with her mortality on her mind…

Daniella

made

some

mistakes.

She decides honesty is the best policy, and tells her about Gaston.

It’s not well-received. After trying to calm him down and successfully defusing his imminent anger, Daniella finds herself home alone once more.

No hard feelings, it looks like.

Being that it’s strangely non-denominational holiday day, we naturally start tidying up come sunrise for a gift-giving shindig.

Everything needs to b-HLK

Eh, it’s probably nothing. Guests are here!

Sinbad, you’re a hot-headed jerk…but it’s cold outside.

Soon our Sims open gifts, which…sure is a thing that occurs. Lots of waiting and pathing. I honestly don’t remember what Daniella got.

Gee, I wonder what tipped everyone off.

Good as the companionship feels in the now, we know it can’t last. We need to break away, yeah…start fresh. Move in someplace with plenty of room for Gaston.

Let’s pack all of our things and-

…the fuck are you?

Well, I guess you’re a thousand simoleons. That’s fine by me.

After packing our most prized possessions and picking a new house, we tear ass outta here on our scooter.

Hell yeah.

Sinbad travels to the now-empty house, and recreates a million snowmen to make up for the love lost.

He’s honestly surprised when Daniella next shows up to work.

2 Likes

I completely missed the fact that Daniella was a young adult all this time. I hope going to France to explore a dungeon/start an affair is substantial for Teen Shenanigans ™.

Part 7: And Baby Makes Three

So! While moving, I noticed there weren’t a lot of houses within Daniella’s price range. Thus, I endeavored to plonk down a prebuilt.

Unfortunately the lot I placed it on is longer than it is wide, meaning we can only place it down this way. It’s going to forever be at a right angle to the road - or should I say wrong angle?

Surprise, surprise, that conspicuous sickness from the other morning wasn’t nothing. Daniella’s going to have a bouncing Sinbad baby in three days’ time, and thankfully she gets those days off work.

I make a few renovations to the place with this news in mind, and waste no time in phoning up Gaston once more.

Daniella wants to read a pregnancy book, and we’re happy to oblige - and stock up on recipes while we’re at it!

Hoof it home, missy, you’re exercising for two now!

Ah cripes, look who’s here. I figure this might be the time to start tearing down our relationship with him until he’s no longer our boyfriend.

“…and stop calling your junk the Big Dipper!”

Yeah, that’s right. Go…

…home?

Well jeez guys, I dun accidentally moved in next to Sinbad.

Ah well. Just means we don’t have to go very far to resolve this.

I then work out in his house while he plays guitar about it. I think this is some kind of mutual passive-aggression.

New goal: steal this asshole’s entire house over the course of our lifetime.

We even manage to convert his chair into a nice crushed velvet affair with the magic of Create-a-Style. It lets you retexture and recolor things, and is honestly one of the better features of Sims 3.

In the morning, Gaston arrives just in time for us to finish eating.

“So hey, I’m pregnant! Not proud of it, but life happens, y’know?”

“'ow you say…congratulayshon, mon petit.”

“And I could reeeeeeeeaaaallly use a hand around here with the child and the loneliness and all that. You wanna just…go ahead and leave your wife and kids for me? I mean, technically time isn’t even passing in France right now, seeing as I’m not there and all.”

“Great!”

I just want to point out that, in the split second while Gaston was a citizen of SimAmerica but not yet under our control, the first thing he did was register as an organ donor. I have him quit that job in short order, but what a guy.

He’s a good guy, overall! Some skill in fishing and nectar making, which is a shame because I probably won’t be delving into either one just yet.

Sure, why not? These have always worked out for us before.

Whuh-oh, looks like that’ll have to wait. To the hospital!

I’m very good at names. I decided to randomize his traits, of which I thought I got a screenshot, but didn’t. In any case, our little bundle of joy is both Absent-Minded and a Slob. How very promising.

But perhaps more importantly, it’s time for us to decide what it is Gaston will do for a living! It’s got to be something around the house, so I’ll be drawing from the Ambitions professions, which will allow him to make his own hours. He can be a(n)…

Architect, which involves redecorating other Sims’ houses. I haven’t done this one before.

Firefighter, which is…a firefighter! I’ll let you work that one out.

Ghost Hunter, which could prove to be as lucrative as it is spooky.

Painter, Sculptor, Writer, or Inventor, all craft skills which can be done from home.

Private Investigator, which is one of the more adventure-y professions in my opinion.

Stylist, which will enable us to inflict fashion of our choosing upon Sims everywhere.

All votes must be in the format of “No one (verb)s like Gaston.” Alternatively, should anyone rewrite “Gaston” to fit one of these careers and sing it, their choice will automatically win.

1 Like

No one ghost hunts like Gaston. Pee’s his pants like Gaston. When the ghouls come around no one screams like a girl like Gaston. He’s especially good at running away…from those ghosts…Gaston!

This is the best I could do.

No one’s dyes like Gaston! Trims as well as Gaston!
And can do it all with a wonderful smile as Gaston.
“I think I’m okay at this beautifying!”
My what a guy that Gaston!

1 Like

To be clear, while I’m not discouraging anyone from writing out full verses, nobody’s obligated to write any more than “No one _(verb)_s like Gaston”.

…and the singing, of course, must both involve an actual audio recording and be a rewrite of the whole song, if that’s what any of you are going for.

Digging the spirit though!

1 Like