Let's Play Mouse Guard: a Six Feats Under campaign

Spring 4 - South Patrol Prepares

The South Patrol finally has all their permits in order, and heads to Sprucetuck to gather everything they need to lay the Scent Barrier. Lily, Zeke, Sable, and Isolde split up to get everything they need here, but quickly find that not every settlement in the territories thinks well of the Guard…

2 Likes

Guide to the Territories pt3: Models

This one’s a bit different. Let’s go behind the scenes. David Petersen’s method involves building models of props and locations to figure out what they’ll look like, and help with composition. I was planning this session when he shared his process for the scent barrier barrel carrier. Serendipitous!

You can find more of these model videos on his YouTube channel, and even more models besides on his blog.

3 Likes

Spring 5 - North Patrol Puts It Together

With news of a crab attack, the North Patrol sails to Calogero Outpost to face this new threat. They arrive to find the outpost under assault, and only through ingenuity can they hope to win the day and save Calogero.

4 Likes

Marx’s wildlife spotting guide:

3 Likes

Tander was great this episode - I really like both patrols’ tenderpaws, but their semi-in-character prologue was especially good.

Exciting news! Six Feats Under will be running two simultaneous campaigns, and there’s a thread for the other one RIGHT OVER HERE: Fellowship: To Winter’s End - A Six Feats Under Campaign

Fellowship is a game about individuals from different peoples and backgrounds banding together to eliminate the threat of an evil Overlord. Players each have narrative control over the culture their character represents, and the mechanics are deeply invested in relationships between the players, NPCs, and the Overlord. Gnome will be playing the Overlord, Riley has a character, and the rest of the cast are 6FU notables Ikks, Clove, and Joey! (I make rare appearances as ~mysterious VO~)

Spring 6 - South Patrol Checks Their Weapons

The South Patrol has everything they need to lay the scent barrier, everything but their weaponry. Zeke, Sable, and Isolde try to hunt down the thief, while Lily tries her own tactic to retrieve their lost gear. What’s more successful: Investigation and revenge, or errand running and friendship?

2 Likes

I submitted Plagg through the Patreon, and I was delighted when he was mentioned in the previous episode and showed up in this one! Thank you for accepting my OC and excuse to put regionally anachronistic cheese in the Mouse Guard universe.

Also, I’m sad that mom’s weasel-prejudice ended up being reinforced but I’m proud of Lily for basically solving the problem single-handedly (while making sure she wasn’t getting anyone in too much trouble). Mixed feelings about protecting her from Isile(?)'s betrayal. I want Lily to be treated like an adult, but also don’t want her optimism to be shattered.

1 Like

I was complaining on Twitter why hasn’t anyone drawn the mice as humans with mouse ears yet, so I had to DO IT MYSELF!! Here’s South Patrol waving goodbye to Isile:

Lily is the light and the heart that holds the whole team together, making all the others try to be their best selves tbh

8 Likes

SixFeatsUnder.com got some updates today, with old episodes getting new pages. One of those is Night Witches, a game about the actual history of an all-woman night bomber regiment in the Soviet army of WWII: http://www.sixfeatsunder.com/night-witches/

I’m sharing it here, because the cast includes Eliza, Arden, and DeviousVacuum; three-quarters of South Patrol! This is the first time that part of the mouse crew played a game together, and I think it’s the first time some of them met. It’s part of the path that brought us to this campaign. Maybe you could even think of it as an AU.

I have caught up now on both campaigns (Mouseguard and Fellowship.) and I have a question - Does the splitting the session into two episodes mean there is a backlog of gaming sessions being stored up for downtime? I do know from the other liveplay podcasts I listen to (Nerdyshow’s Ghostbusters: Resurrection and Dungeons & Doritos in particular) That there can be months between play sessions sometimes because of the players/GM being adults with responsibilities and not college/university students sitting down to game for four hours at a time weekly like I did back in the day. (Damn it has literally been 10 years since I last actually did a tabletop RPG.)

Yep, which is another benefit of doing it this way. We’ve got Mouse Guard episodes recorded out until November, at our current release schedule.

Fellowship only has content recorded out to August, but we’re recording more tomorrow, so that’ll be catching up quick. One of our two campaigns will be updating every weekend until one of em finishes, if I can help it.

2 Likes

For full transparency, it also lightens the load on our composer.

1 Like

Great fun episode but Lily is going to learn the harsh truth of the world at some point.

2 Likes

Keep Lily Innocent!

3 Likes

[quote=“Mansedan, post:69, topic:1881, full:true”]
Great fun episode but Lily is going to learn the harsh truth of the world at some point.
[/quote]How dare you.

2 Likes

Spring 7 - North Patrol’s Crustacean Conflict

It’s three on three, as North Patrol’s three mice square off against three crabs. With only a fake crab to protect themselves with, can our heroes fight off enemies four times their size?

1 Like

Wow, Francisca might as well be called Crabsbane with how easily she dealt with that encounter. The sheer number of dice being called out was fantastic.

2 Likes

Crabsbane is a dope nickname and that fight was also dope.

I know nothing of Mouseguard outside of this podcast, what’s that Black Axe thing?

Well I was going to write about Conrad for this one, but your question is more immediately important!

Guide to the Territories pt4: The Black Axe

The term “The Black Axe” refers to one of two things, a legendary weapon, pictured above, and its legendary wielder. The story says that over 500 years ago, the greatest smith in the territories lost his family to predators. He poured all his grief and anger into his work and forged the deadliest weapon known to mouse-kind: The Black Axe. He gave it to the strongest and mightiest warrior of his day, who himself took the name The Black Axe.

Over the generations, the legends around the Axe have grown. He is said to be immortal, speak the language of every beast and creature in the Territories, and to have no rest in his mission to protect all of mouse society. He is a tragic hero, and the Axe itself is analogous to Excalibur in how it bestows incredible power but your life is no longer your own.

Book spoiler/mild Summer campaign spoiler:What we know as readers, and Francisca suspects, is that the Axe is real and survives to this day. It has been passed down over the generations and the impossible skills attributed to the great warrior are the sum total of those of its many holders, plus the exaggeration of a re-told tale. At the time of our game it belongs to an aging hermit named Celanawe. He appears in all three volumes of the comic The third is a prequel about how he came to take the weapon and the name. Below is Celanawe in his younger days.

3 Likes