Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

Oh right, I should actually vote this time.

I’m guessing Calli’s gonna maintain the lead.

1 Like

And now we conclude the Faire. And I would really like to get people’s opinions on this map. I really don’t understand why you would ever stray from the middle circle and wrap around the top. Money becomes so big in this game, and the night stars can become so cheap, I see no literal point to ever stray from this path. Even if you go left, you can then easily get a happening space to bring you back to the middle. I’m just not sure if this board is just a lull in design we’ve seen thus far or what. It’s just kind of bland, and you never see the whole board at any point.

Man, the AI is relentless in this game.

Faire Square’s a neat idea, but the distribution of places that earn you coins is a bit lackluster. There’s a board in DS that I think uses the central gimmick of “you can buy as many stars as you want at a time” far better. The DK board doesn’t have a central area, but instead the Star spot is located at the top of the area so it’s about finding a good pace to travel the map.

1 Like

I never played Mario Party 6 myself, and my only exposure to it was when pokecapn et al played a board from each game. This was the board they played, so this whole time, I thought being able to buy more than one star at a time was a game-wide feature, not a board gimmick.

That’s almost too bad, because I really like it. It seems like there are so many ways to get coins, it just makes sense (to me) to let you use as many as you can on stars in one go. It would certainly make things more volatile, at the very least.

But, having said that, the board itself does seem pretty boring, yeah. Being able to stay in the tiny loop in the middle where the star always is seems like poor planning. I guess the trade-off is that you don’t get any orbs or access to the slot machine, but if you keep winning minigames, you’ll probably be fine without them.

1 Like

I’m still curious as to what’s on the right side of the board.

1 Like

Arent we all…

Sadly no one will ever know. Because anyone who goes in to play the game will have no reason to ever go over there.

1 Like

So we’re back in the solo boat. This time we’re climbing a tower, a Bowser tower. The aesthetic for Solo mode is really good. Each map has done a good job of making each map feel completely different from the others. And we find a neat way to do an infinite loop in this one. But this is the end to Solo mode. Short wasn’t it? Next time is more mini-games for a bonus. So that means its a vote for everyone. Who will win it? Calli, Michael, or a Computer?

Calli’s been doing really well on the bonus stuff so far.

1 Like

Minigames can be a tossup in this game, but I think I’ll vote for Calli.

1 Like

We cruise along and finish off all the Mini-game game modes. Some really neat ones this time, it’s clear that they put quite a bit of thought into these side things.

It’s time to go to Snowflake Lake, a board that quickly over stays it’s welcome. While the board itself looks incredible this time, the gimmick quickly loses it’s appeal as the strategy breaks apart into a very simple game of numbers. And as always, it is time to vote!

1 Like

Calli looks like she’s got the momentum for right now, although we all know Mario Party could still happen.

1 Like

I’m just gonna vote for Toadette this time. I keep thinking, “nah, the AI isn’t gonna pull through here” and I keep being wrong. Now of course, I’m sure Calli will win this time now that I’ve voted this way, but that’s just how it goes sometimes.

And here we have the end to Snowflake lake. I really think this board is a good premise. But when put in action leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps this game just isn’t meant to be played with computers.

Can’t believe I backed the wrong robo-horse.

1 Like

In the Mystery Land item minigame in Mario Party 2, you press A to swing the hammer.

There’s a fixed amount of time on the minigame, and it doesn’t reset after each hammer swing, so you have to be pretty quick to get an item.