Let's Play Every Mario Party and Not Get A Divorce [Current - Mario Party 6]

So who loves to gamble? Apparently Goomba does! I remember this board the most so I may have played it the most? It’s been a long time since this game came out.

2 Likes

Well when you talk about my posts like that it feels like you’re just making fun of me.

1 Like

I’m not sure which part you’re referring to. I’d need to go back and listen. If it came across that way I deeply apologize. We genuinely love and enjoy each and every comment you make. As well as every comment everyone makes.They all really help us keep going through this adventure.

1 Like

So it isn’t just Story Mode that’s single player. Whomp’s is going to invite us into his basement for a Brouhaha? I don’t know. It sounds really weird to me. Basically they figured they could make some of the mini-games into single player experiences while also having some things that wouldn’t work as a mini-game because they don’t do the single player mini-games anymore. We’ll only be doing half of them this time and will show the rest off later.

1 Like

And now it is time to take on the house in multiplayer. I actually don’t mind this board too much. While the main mechanic to try and get around could be a problem, it never felt impossible to get anywhere even though it is a roulette. There seems to be enough coin flow to let yourself spend more to get where you want, and enough ways to get between the different sections that you never really feel stuck somewhere too long. Looking at you Spiny Desert/Mystery Land.

1 Like

I’ve been Mario Party’d before, but I’m voting for Calli again. Thank you item bag for making the decision a bit easier, given how lucky the CPUs got getting stars so early.

1 Like

I’ll vote Calli too, mostly since she’s been winning a lot of the mini-games and had a ton of coins, so it looks like she’s gonna get two of the bonus stars.

1 Like

I, too, have faith in Calli pulling out the win this time.

1 Like

Voting for Calli for this one.

1 Like

Is this the week where it finally happens? Will everyone vote for the same person?! Last day to get votes in.

1 Like

Michael did very well in Follow, he was a good bear and really channeled his character, although I can’t seem to remember their name.

I would have to do some actual tests on this, but I think the Goomba’s dice roll is in some way affected by the number of stars, either held by the character or in-play altogether. When pokecapn and co. played on this map, they each had a number of stars as handicaps out of the gate, and the Goombas almost never rolled below a 6. Conversely, both times here and once on MarioPartyTV I’ve seen runs of the board that start from 0 stars apiece and the Goombas give very easy dice rolls.

In any case, dividing the board into quadrants that the player has little to no chance of intentionally moving between is a bad base for a board, and so is putting your destination up to extra dice rolls. I’ll say it every time until John Mario Party listens to me and stops putting them in his games. Then I’ll work on the whole car thing.

If Calli gets the star in Red, Michael will have coins to spare. I’d guess the star would then move to Purple, Michael will miss the pipe, have to go around again, and get sent back to the start by the Goomba. In that time, Yoshi will make his way over there and either he or Calli will get it. Michael will go into Blue regardless of if there’s a star there and make his way over to Boo, however he will shuffle some stars around with the misfortune space on his way over. He’ll steal a star, then he’ll pick up a star, and Calli will just barely win with the bonus stars because nobody else was able to save up coins or land on the happening spaces.

Or Calli won’t make it to the star first, Michael will, and through a series of wacky hijinks involving three magic lamps, nineteen pairs of shoes and an intricately carved wooden duck, Yoshi will win.

I’m banking on the former. Besides, if everybody gets it right in the end then it’s like nothing changed anyway.

1 Like

It finally happened. Everyone voted the same way. Mark this day down as the day that either everyone wins or loses. But also as the day we finish off Goomba. It’s not a bad board per say. That’s coming up soon. It’s probably the most fun I’ve had thus far actually.

2 Likes

Something about a GOTY video

Setting yourself up for disappointment, I promise. Love you, too.

I hadn’t realised you weren’t aware of the fast way to move the second rotating platform in Dungeon Duos, I would have mentioned it sooner.

3 Likes

Speaking of Koopa! We’re doing the Boo board today.

And oh. Oh no. Oh no no no no no. I’ll just leave it at that for this one. Yikes.

Also it’s another voting bonus next time. I’m going to leave the break down on how someone wins a surprise. You just need to vote on either Michael, Calli, or the Computer.

1 Like

If it’s a surprise win, I’m gonna go with Michael.

1 Like

“I always fall for you~ :heart:️”
“That’s sickening.”

Okay, buckle the buck up, here’s the quick summary of Mario Party’s awkward teenage phase.

After being forced to throw away all their toys from Mario Party 3 and eat an excessive amount of vegetables, Mario Party threw away this metaphor in Mario Party 5 and revamped the entire item system: now everything is a capsule that you either throw onto a space to use repeatedly or pay to use on yourself.

Next they got into anime and decided to draw up plans for their sun and moon spirit OCs; this is also where the boards started getting radically different structures for how stars are obtained. Then they got a free cruise holiday for their birthday to see various stereotypes of other cultures a solid decade before Odyssey came out. Then a terrifying hat-creature possessing an also-terrifying imp creature ushered them to a carnival, also about a decade before Odyssey.

Then they passed their driver’s test and immediately decided to go on a road trip with all of their friends instead of go to university, only finally coming home when they got invited to the school reunion, which is the Top 100 part of the narrative.

The thing is, and I’ll go over it again when we get there, 6 and 7 are the most blurry in people’s minds because nothing major changes about the flow of the game or the item mechanics, even though that’s kind of a lie.

Anyway, considering there are only two multiplayer bonuses left, I assume Calli will win.

2 Likes

If there’s a surprise to be had, I’m gonna say the computer will win. I’m guessing it’s probably some bullshit.

1 Like

I’ll go with Michael.

1 Like

The rest of the Bonus stuff from Thwomp isn’t as bad as the Mini and Mega boards. So this part is actually fun. And the Volleyball is a great addition to the game. I remember playing it a lot as a kid. But never beating it. And it may be the one thing on here we never do. Obviously fulfilling the traditions of Mini-Game Island and Mini-Game Coaster.

1 Like

I object to your ruling on Panel Panic. Panel Panic is the essence of Mario Party distilled, and we have already established that Nobody Wins at Mario Party, so the score is clearly tied between Calli and Computer, each winning one of the two bonuses in the video that actually count.

1 Like