Let's Play Batman: Arkham Australia! (Mad Max)

Today I poorly summarize Mad Max 1, a movie I really should have rewatched before trying to do a plot synopsis. Overall it’s a tonally different movie. Not bad. Very 70s. But different. Also Mel Gibson is practically unrecognizable.

10: Poorly Recalled History/Polsy

My update schedule is going to hell sooner than I thought.

11: The Clip Show/Polsy

Photo mode in this game is actually really good as it turns out. Here’s some shots of adventures in the wasteland.

You know, the more I see of Suspicious Oracular Stranger That Only Max Can See And Knows Max Better Than Max, the less I believe he’s real.

Really can’t put my finger on why though.

It’s never specified! Maybe Griffa is real! Maybe he’s just Max’s inner psyche searching for a way to recommune with his human spirit!

Today I freewheel on the nature of the Mad Max universe’s wasteland while punching its survivors in the face.

12: Australian Climate Change/Polsy

Got around to it eventually.

13: A (Conversation) Wasteland/Polsy

So realtalk y’all, you’ve seen the majority of the core gameplay loop. Aside from getting cool new parts on the car, not a whole lot else happens aside from story stuff from here on out. There’s still more to do though. I’m having trouble sitting/talking through this like I have in previous LPs.

Is it okay to start cutting out some of these camps unless something interesting happens? Most of them aren’t very interesting. The videos would have a lot less dead air, it’d just be me cutting out a lot more crap. I’ll still keep in stuff like talking to Griffa and any interesting lore bits, and the main/side missions. Plus any interesting scavenging locations. It’d make my job a lot easier, even if I have more footage to work through.

“A man with taste” he calls the guy driving around in a car painted blue and neon pink

Some kind of taste.

I know what you might be thinking, “wow that top dog just looks like a lazy recolor”. That’s only partially wrong!

14: Gaspa Grope/Polsy

I appreciate all the feedback for editing thus far. This’ll be the last one with most everything kept in, next one will be much more edited. Maybe it’ll be bad! I like it, it makes my life easier. I’m hesitant to do cuts with music because of copyright strikes and all that mess but we’ll see how that goes!

I’m gonna be on vacation for the next week so I might get in like one video during that time frame but y’know. Vacation.

Vacation was good but it’s time for some car-on-car carnage.

15: Convoy/Polsy

I’m not surprised that motorcycles are a none-thing in Mad Max. To get the same amount of safety of a car, you’d either 1) have to wear so many layers you’d die of heatstroke very quickly or 2) the bike would end up looking like a German Kettenkrad, which while fast(somewhere around 40 mph) was not known for its range.

Although, the Tank Bike(http://blog.leatherup.com/2011/06/13/tank-bike/) is sufficiently Mad-Max-y.

There are motorcycles in Fury Road, plus life is cheap in the wasteland.

I’m trying to get back into a rhythm and it’s hard. LPs are hard.

16: Thirstcutter/Polsy

@Scruffy I am ashamed to admit this, but despite my love of the original Mad Max movies, I have yet to see Fury Road. :see_no_evil:

You can do it, I believe in you! :cheer: :cheer:

Apologies for the delay. I got pretty sick and also had to deal with some shit over the holidays. But I survived! Mostly!

17: Gutgashing/Polsy

Boojam is a type of tree, endemic to Baja Peninsula. It’s Spanish name is Cirio meaning Taper or Candle. The name Boojum is a reference to Lewis Carrol’s The Hunting of The Snark and was assigned by Godfrey Sykes of the Desert Laboratory in Tuscan, Arizona. It can grow to a height of @ 70 feet and reach a circumference of 9.5 in.
220px-Cirio_columnaris%2C_boojum_tree

I find it weird that the phrase ‘Steel Cajones’/‘Brass Balls’ wasn’t chosen because 1) these people like all things to do with metal and/or vehicular and 2) people would know what Jet is talking about, instead of Boojam.

how would jeet even know about a tree from cali? obviously he’s talking about the especially dangerous variant of a snark.

Who knows? I think the writers just chose whatever sounds like a ‘not-word’ without checking if it’s actually a word.

I think it’s probably the snark one. Who knew Lewis Carrol would be so influential in the wasteland?

18: The Thunderpoon/Polsy

You’ve been…thunderstuck?

19: Camp Thunderstick/Polsy

The more I think about the waters receding, the more I wonder if the world of Mad Max is flat and the Antarctic ice wall broke down, causing all the oceans to leak out of the sides into nothingness.

Seeing all the other stuff happening, I wonder if the world did it on purpose.

We take out a TOP DOG. And also I spend a lot of time gushing on Mad Max 2.

20: Gut Noose/Polsy

But seriously this doesn’t look like Mel Gibson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUi5Lo9SHTY