Let's Play 13th Age: Time to Cry Edition

update banner raw
The party finally gathers to discuss the future as they fly to Hell. Things change and are broken.

1 Like

Blaze just taking the wheel on the conversation and completely steering it into critique of modern liberalism, while maintaining applicability with other times in human history fucking got me straight in the heart and I cannot get over how beautiful that is.

2 Likes

Blaze has been such a fantastic addition to the game and every single session I love him more. I’m sooo into it.

2 Likes

update banner raw
The party has finally reached Hell, in their normal explosive fashion. But things are different from what they expected; even Hugh, their resident demon, only has out of date information, having spent the last decade outside of his homeland. There’s talk of renewed war and the release of the White Dracolich from the Ninth Circle. Even the princes, the pillars that support the Queen’s rule, are different; not only must the party travel to deepest parts of Hell to confront the Queen, they must do it while trying to figure out the political landscape and just who they can trust.

We also have a special two hour Fireside for you this week! Hugh opens up to Blaze during a sparring session. Dawn and Hugh look at a weird bush and bond.

1 Like

Forgot to post this on Friday, but here’s dijon’s really really cute map of Hell; it’ll be in the second post if you want to reference it later!

1 Like

Oh I get it, this rigorous system of overt bureaucracy is byzantine. :chuckle:

1 Like

update banner raw
The party decides to investigate what is going on with Prince Caliban; they find a familiar situation and are less than pleased with the prince’s attitude. Hugh falls back into old habits.

update banner raw
Now allied with Prince Calliban, the party is directed towards the City of the Victorious Queen, a massive monument in city form to the Queen of Hell. Here, according to Calliban, they can find allies to help secure the First Ring of Hell when the party leaves, providing a stable base for all future rebellious activities. Of course, the party doesn’t necessarily agree with the prince about the future of Hell.

Hugh is an Australian visiting an Outback Steakhouse and I’m here for it.

1 Like

update banner raw
The party finally arrive at Castle Purgatory, ready to pass on to the Second Circle of Hell. Unfortunately, the prince has withheld some rather key information, primarily that the lich is sealed in a divinely warded room to prevent him from being killed by another demon or undead. Thankfully, Caliban can make infiltrating the demon part of the castle a bit easier, if the party can get him to his throne room, where he can channel the power of the First Circle to secure the castle. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the party doesn’t trust him and make other plans.

(Tips candles) m’Caliban.

1 Like

update banner raw
The party faces down a terrifying(ly alone) lich, with the hopes of passing into the Second Circle of Hell. Teus also discovers something that only further complicates his already strained relationship with his father.

1 Like

update banner raw
Hugh has a talk with Teus and Blaze, as they venture deeper into Hell.

1 Like

I’m trying to imagine the project where human volunteers would somehow agree to get scared of machines enough that Hell could get its lakes back.

1 Like

update banner raw
Today’s session is of dubious canon; run by Dijon, this session finds Teus, Blaze, and Dawn in the town of Tooleaf, a small pastoral village where something is almost certainly off about it and the people who live there. Perhaps this strangeness stems from the monster attacks that are plaguing it and causing villagers to disappear, or perhaps something darker lurks in the village’s past

1 Like

Dangit, Naminé 

1 Like

update banner raw
The party sets off across the Second Circle, but find something wrong immediately: a cold mist covers everything in the circle, freezing any demon that calls the circle its home. Strangely, the city of Doncristana seems to be awake and unfrozen, a beacon that the party latches on to immediately. What secrets does the city hold?

1 Like

Wow, this mayor’s an expert in teleportation edge cases AND halfling law. :open_mouth:

1 Like

update banner raw
The party finally encounters the lich prince of the Second Circle, a strange undead named Ugra. But Ugra is more of a philosopher and a scientist than a fighter and, perhaps, a deal can be made; but if so, what kind of deal? Find out in this week’s episode of Wild Hunt!

update banner raw
The party arrives in the Third Circle, ready to push for the Labyrinth and learn of its secrets. Unfortunately, the legions of Hell are quite literally arrayed before them, as the Queen’s war effort continues to push onward.