Let's Mech America Great Again! - Metal Wolf Chaos

There’s a real missed opportunity for you to go to the graves of various presidents to get special weapons.

I’d like to suggest a change to the drinking game, instead of drinking every time the American flag shows up, only drink when something not flag shipped shows up in red, white, and blue.

I hand’t even considered that politics could’ve been involved. The game is ridiculous, but then again this was the same era where the White House ordered The Onion to stop using the presidential seal for its joke radio addresses.

EDIT: Oh and Death of a President.

1 Like

That’d be like, a drink every time we see Metal Wolf itself, since it is subtly coloured that way. One could argue that makes it an American Flag though, of course.

It’s probably made out of American flags.

1 Like

It’s folded half a dozen times like that Japanese paper armour, clearly.

2 Likes

My love for this game is only matched by my love for America!

:america: (We need that one crying eagle emoticon with the American flag)

I remember hearing something about the game not making it stateside because of laws surrounding the use of the presidential seal?

Googling leads me mostly to speculation about this regarding publishers not wanting to touch it because it was so political, and the seal thing being a convenient justification for not picking it up.

There are actually very strict rules about using the official seal of the President of the United States of America in media (and it appears, unedited, in this game a lot. It’s on Metal Wolf itself.) That is just one of MANY reasons. This game is the Most American Game of all time.

1 Like

Hold up!
What is this Metal Gear Excelsus-looking thing in the opening?

1 Like

A good friend.

So, has OG xbox emulation Arrived, then? Because I’ve been wanting to play this game real bad for years.

Nah, it’s non-existent and un-moving. This is on a modded Xbox, I’m afraid =[

I really wish they would re-release this game, because it looks amazing and I’ve always wanted to play it.

1 Like

If I recall, the SBFP/Zaibatsu’s LP did generate a good degree of buzz for this game. To the point of confusing either one of the JP dev or the publisher, I don’t remember which.

Also Devolver Digital offered to bring the game over to the west at one point.

Sorry for the delays! The rest of the LP will update real-snappy-like!

http://tindeck.com/listen/ghgjj

7 Likes

Good to see it back!

((west coast!))

Also I figure I may as well mention that the rifle in ep 4 did a good number on that guy because it is an energy weapon, probably?

The game is REALLY not clear about live vs energy ammunition damage. In spite of Jody constantly saying a target is resistant to live ammunition, energy weapons still don’t fare much better?? I mean, the RH machine gun and explosives are basically the best things around, still, for melting structures.

Also, energy weapons can slowly drain (or prevent) your boost gauge thingo from recharging. Similar to flamethrowers (only those do it super fast).

A lot of mechanics/systems don’t seem very well thought out or designed in the game, honestly. Most enemies being a non-threat and Hell mode not living up to its name are kind of two examples of this, too.

Help, this game is too perfect

Jody could go on one of the MGS2 Colonel’s “I need scissors rants” and would still remain completely in character.

God bless this game and the United States of America.

2 Likes