Let's go back to the beginning in BEYOND GOOD & EVIL HD [VLP]

Lovin’ how Double H does the exact thing I didn’t want him to do.

Episode 14: Michael Phelps

2 Likes

Personally, I’m a fan of the “The Same Page of Carlson & Peeters Everyday” instagram account.

1 Like

I’ll be honest the discussion about ethical consumption actually got me pretty hard because I’ve been thinking this entire time “Jade you’ve literally discovered this stuff is made of people why are you still using them as healing items” and it’s just…really strange, to me.

Okay, I may have some good news here. It’s been a while since I saw the first LP or played the game myself but if I recall correctly K-Bups aren’t made of people. The Nutripils factory and the slaughterhouse are just clandestine fronts through which people are figuratively processed before being sent elsewhere, still alive. I…think they might be used as hosts for larval DomZ? Breeding kind of thing?

On the other hand this does raise the question of where, exactly, K-Bups do come from. Maybe there’s another slaughterhouse somewhere punching them out of those rare-ass otters science lady goes nuts over.

And now we finally move on from the slaughterhouse! Thanks for being here, Double H.

Episode 15: Wild BoarCut Commentary

2 Likes

Honestly given the imagery on the board and my faint remembering of what happens later, the space air hockey game could be inspired by the actual like, plot of the game and it’s secrets. But then again it might just be random.

Isaam’s first try at game development is… well, at least it’s not an asset flip.

Episode 16: Game DevelopmentCut Commentary

3 Likes

It wasn’t until Triple H mentioned that all the kids were safe (though in Domz hands) that I realized that the thing Jade found was a crushed doll and not an actual child. It was a bit unclear!

Only one update left!

Episode 17: MemoriesCut Commentary

4 Likes

Wow, this final dungeon has some wild sound design. They really went whole hog.

1 Like

The end! Oh… wait. The end???

Episode 18: The End…?Cut Commentary

3 Likes

PUNCLE LIVES!

Thanks for the stream/LP!

Great LP guys. I’m glad you went through the effort of subtitling the videos and splicing in relevant footage and images. It’s that extra Cheezum touch that makes your videos consistently great!

I’m curious about something: if you could start your LP career over what game would you LP first? It seems no one ever likes their first LP, so would you still LP Beyond Good & Evil, or do you think you would have been happier with an LP of a different game that you liked less?

God I love the music during the air battle part.

Also yeah that final twist and boss fight smacks of “man we had more to say and do sorry hope for a sequel!” and that’s part of why I AM bummed out that the sequel has turned into a needless prequel. Especially because nothing a prequel will reveal won’t be better suited for being in a sequel about Jade, where Jade learns that stuff. Like, you joke about it, but the only thing we’d learn in a prequel that would be of merit to learn IN a prequel, without Jade there with us, would BE “how did Peyj get the scar” and that’s like having Shenmue 3 be the story of how Ryo’s Dad bought him that jacket. It’s just a terrible idea.

At any rate, good LP! Glad to see the game again.