Let's go back to the beginning in BEYOND GOOD & EVIL HD [VLP]

Sometimes I forget this game is made by the french.

And then we get the fart powered rocket boots.

That bar music reminded me very quickly that yes, the guys behind the Rayman Origins and Legends soundtracks also did the music for this game. You could probably just stick that track directly in an Origins level and I would not bat an eye.

Gonna be honest, I’ve watched the latest update a few times because the song is very good.

I really need to hook my uncle up with somebody. Any takers???

Episode 4: JelliesCut Commentary

3 Likes

I feel like I’d date a pigman. It’s not like I can do worse than I’ve already had.

I was originally going to write uncle instead of pigman but I genuinely wasn’t sure which was funnier.

That boss was just Volvaga from Ocarina of Time. I did not realize just how much Zelda this game was.

Pey’j can add “Pounds better than a Megaton Hammer” to his dating profile now.

1 Like

The music that comes up right after you find the cutting wrench is my favorite track in the game. It just evokes this sense of wonder at some new discovery.

Let’s move on with the plot and wrap up some stuff in the pedestrian district!

Episode 5: UndquartersCut Commentary

5 Likes

I realize given the age of the game that this is probably the lukewarmest realization, but is the planet called Hillys JUST so they can call people Hyllians to make it sound Zelda-y?

This LP so far is precious. Like a pearl.

Pey’j may seem like a nice uncle, but secretly, he might be the other type of uncle…
There’s no cut commentary for this episode, by the way. The commentary just kinda ended up that way on its own!

Episode 6: Rats

4 Likes

Do you think that the looters just stumble upon these incredibly long, narrow, single-path caves, or would it make more sense for them to just find a normal cave, carve out a massive track, and line it with stupid traps à la some Terraria nonsense?

I vote option 3: They hire a team of mole people (scapanus sapiens) to dig it out for them.

I’m not comfortable with Pey’j the Libertarian.

I’m really interested in how streaming affects your LP style. Your post-commentary videos are great for showing off every part of the game in a timely manner, but for a game that you’ve already LP’d and know so much about, it’s not really necessary. It’s also harder to spontaneously turn your wildlife encyclopedia into a dating profile for your pig uncle in a post-commentary video.

All this talk of Beyond Good and Evil 2 makes me really hope they take a lesson from Breath of the Wild in their expansive design.

Given the looters don’t have dialogue, I’m calling those are just stolen ships with auto pilot put on.

Double H is a fantastic actor and also an okay secret agent. But mostly a good actor.

Episode 7: Acting!Cut Commentary

4 Likes

“I’m buildin’ up momentum to jump into a parallel universe, Jade!”

The easter egg isn’t merely the name “Aedes Raymanis”; it looks just like Bzzit from the Rayman games.

1 Like

Jade, I’ve done some things I’m not so proud of and, uh… look, what I’m tryin’ to say is… I ate a man.

Episode 8: The BelugaCut Commentary

2 Likes