Let's First Encounter, Assault, and Recon in F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon

:siren: Update Time! :siren:

:siren: New Stuff this Episode :siren:

MP-50 Repeating Cannon
Damage: ****
Range: ***
RoF: ***
You’d think that an exploding auto-cannon would be awesome, but it’s kind of not. It does a lot of damage and actually does explode, but this means it’s suicidal to use it in close quarters. An ammo famine and a lack of really good opportunities to use it make the MP-50 seem way less impressive than it really ought to be.

For all that I remember loving about F.E.A.R., I cannot remember fighting those drones with any degree of depth. Is it possible for both them and the Replica to appear in the same fight, at the 7:50 mark, and if so, are they on the same side?

I’m pretty sure the UAV’s go after Replica’s when they see 'em. I know the ED-209’s will go after ATC Security, and I think the UAV’s are associated with ATC, so it would fit that it’d go the other way.

That being said, one of the things the article I posted touches on is the fact that the AI’s only good when it’s reacting to you, the player. When it reacts to itself, it’s kind of embarrassing…

Name: Harlan Wade
Affiliation: Armacham (Sort of)
Harlan Wade. The guy in charge of Origin and all the other nonsense that’s been going on. I put the “sort of” next to Armacham, because he might be working for them, but he clearly has his own agenda. He seems to hate Aristide with a passion, and is obviously very close to who or what ever the subject was.

1 Like

I never noticed the details of Harlan’s chin and lower jaw being paler, basically to show that he used to have a beard along with his upper lip consuming mustache. The details on some character models is absolutely fantastic.

1 Like

There actually isn’t anything new, but I’ve updated a bunch of the entries we’ve already gotten, so take a quick peek through those.

banner19

Out of curiosity Twiggymouse, are you going to do the two expansion packs as well?

Short answer: Yes, but I’m not sure how or when.

Long answer: The expansions have never been as much fun for me to play as the base game, so I haven’t really done anything with them. I would like to show them off, but I’m not sure if I want to do them in the style of the LP, or just do something a bit lower effort like a stream, which could be fun, but I have a mechanical keyboard and it tends to make its presence known.
Either way, I do want to show them off, but I don’t know when that will be, or in what format. If anyone has a preference, let me know. Otherwise, you can expect Expansion material post main LP bonus vids.

You could do a stream, and just upload chunks of it later depending on what service you use. I’m personally okay even with just a highlight reel of say Perseus mandate, or even just a break down of the plot for both expansions and your opinion on them.

All that aside, I wonder at what point would it be safe to consider Norton Mapes an active hostile in the main game? Its truly a pity that shooting him at any point where that is possible, provides a game over.

1 Like

banner20

:siren: New Stuff this Episode! :siren:
Bonus Content:

The Alma Interviews:
https://youtu.be/zQ8LEnmWacY

P.A.N.I.C.S:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjALCdCzoYukAbvF4YxD06BNyfKn97bNl

And with that, we’ve finished the main game! There’ll be a bonus video of stuff that I missed on Sunday, and then I’ve got a plot dump/analysis written up that I need to record. After that, probably the expansions, though I’m not sure how those will happen yet.

2 Likes

I completely forgot that they hid the stinger about alma until the very end. Out of curiosity did it seem like to you that child alma seemingly started helping the point man close to the end of game?

1 Like

I think the idea is she’s figured out who you are and doesn’t really want to kill you, anymore. You know, cause you’re her son. Not sure, though. I definitely feel like Alma’s intentions towards you go from playful curiosity to active support as the game moves along. Methinks she has some cognitive dissonance, there.

1 Like

Along with the update is an announcement:
:siren:
I’ll be streaming the expansions starting on Sunday the 14th at around 11:00 AM Pacific. I’ll keep doing this every Sunday until I finish both expansions or get so sick of them that I just give up.
:siren:

edit: I probably should have put where the streams were gonna happen here, huh?
https://go.twitch.tv/twiggymouse

2 Likes

Then please upload them to youtube as well.

Of course.

Mmkay, so that stream I was talking about should be starting up in about 30 minutes.

https://go.twitch.tv/twiggymouse

11:00 Pacific till I call it for the day (probably after 3 or 4 hours).

So, the stream went… well, it went, alright.
The game wasn’t great in either gameplay or performance, but I did get up to Interval 05 before I got a consistent CTD that I didn’t want to fight with at the time. We’ll try again next Sunday, and see if we can’t at least finish Extraction Point.

Now then, question:
Do you want the videos just as they are (I broke the recording every hour or so) or edited down by interval break like they are in the thread? Let me know, and I’ll have them out by Wednesday. If no one cares, I’ll probably do a quick pass-through and upload them more or less as is.

2 Likes

These are kind of rough. I’m quieter than I should be (except for one part in EX 03EX 02. It’s actually in EX 02, but whatever.), you can hear my keyboard and my middle mouse button, and there’s a decent number of dead space while stuff loads/crashes. I’m just letting you guys know as a heads up, but I think they do a decent job of showing off the expansion, at least.

I’m going to continue streaming/recording on Sundays until I’m done with the expansions, so expect more videos to drop after that. Probably just the Wednesday after.

2 Likes