Let's destroy one last ancient civilization in UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END

Was…was there just not an acceptable ending point anywhere in the video? Dear god, that means that we’re going to be in virtually non-stop action next.

Go make some popcorn or something, because we’ve hit the end of Uncharted 4, and it’s a looooong episode. There are a few points where I could have cut it, but it didn’t feel right!

Episode 25: A Thief’s EndCut Commentary

Also, regarding the ending… the polaroid that you pick up at the end, it IS supposed to remember the hat you were wearing when the picture was taken earlier in the game. I accidentally loaded a save that had skipped that chapter, and so Nate isn’t wearing any hat in the picture. Whoops!

10 Likes

Rad! Are you gonna be showing off multiplayer and/or survival in the future?

I’ll spoiler this since it’s so close to the post:

[spoiler]The final boss fight made Rafe my favorite Uncharted villain. At first I thought of him as basically just Harry Flynn again, but as it goes on and you get to see more of his motivations, the depths of his fucked-up-ness are kind of compelling. And he makes such a good foil to both Nate and Sam. Rafe owns.

And yes, the sword duel final boss fight was rad as hell. I don’t mind a sudden shift in gameplay for the sake of a great final boss (lookin’ at you, MGS4) so I had a great time with that.[/spoiler]

This was a fantastic LP, for a fantastic game. I don’t get why people dislike it, since apparently some do.

[spoiler]I do absolutely love the ending though, that was the best. From Rafe’s motivation of “wanting to do something HIMSELF for once” to the wonderful wondering around the Drake home as Cassie Drake and just seeing snippets of their past and future. This is the type of ending we needed, given the type of experience these games have always tried to give.

I don’t…want Cassie to be the star of whatever potential “sequel series” because she’s too cute and I don’t want her to be hurt especially because Vickie will be her Victor and she’ll get hurt too and we’ll have to deal with the fact that Sully will die because he’s such an old grandpa now. But at the same time…treasure hunting runs in the family. Cassie’s clearly into it. It’s a thing she’d definitely do. And I’m hyped for it…but I really don’t want it at the same time.[/spoiler]

So yeah, this game. Full of feels. Thanks a lot for this Chip.

5 Likes

It really is a wonderful ending. I couldn’t have hoped for a more satisfying conclusion to the series.

I agree on this. It’s the same reason I didn’t want the sequel to The Last of Us to star the same characters, actually: just let a perfect ending stay the ending, y’know?

I’d be in for a Cassie Drake does legitimate archaeology without having to do tons of murder game, though. Make it more about the platforming and the puzzle solving and that’d be pretty fun. But, really, if they’re going to continue making Uncharted games, I say leave the main characters where they are. Maybe follow Chloe (like the upcoming DLC) and Charlie Cutter, that’d be awesome.

6 Likes

If they do make a sequel outside of the 3rd person shooter style I hope it’s either a Cassie Drake Puzzle/adventure game or a dating Sim staring Sully.

3 Likes

Holy shit, Sully dating sim, let’s do this. How do you unlock the secret Sam Drake life partner ending?

2 Likes

I feel like The Last Of Us part 2 is doing about things the right way, though I do agree that this is the definition of “unneeded sequel”.

That said, YES! Give us THAT game, please, that’d be fantastic.

So, spoilers, but did anyone else find it weird that Cassie supposedly had no clue about what Nate and Elena did in the past, but wore a tanktop with the cintamani stone on it? Is that possibly just a really popular image I don’t know about?

I love the ending of this game so much, its just so perfect in so many ways. If they do make a sequel it’d be the very definition of an unnecessary sequel but I’d still buy and play it.

I’m right there with Ironicus in the ‘would have been fine with Sam dying’, but I think it also could have been good if he lost a leg or hand or something. Some sort of mark of his obsession, plus then he could get a peg leg or a hook hand!

4 Likes

I think it’s part the developers wanting to put a cute reference on the shirt, and part in-universe Drake and Elena making it custom for Cassie as a “tee hee she has no idea what it is, let’s just tell her it’s a neat design we thought she’d like” dorky parent in-joke.

God I feel like such a dork tearing up at this but I don’t think I could take that either and that ending was so beautiful. I love it when we can have an actually meaningful happy ending.

4 Likes

Can Tim Roth play Rafe in a live action movie?

1 Like

Thanks for the LP Chip & Ironicus.

That was an awesome ending a great presentation of the whole during the full voyage of their last mad adventure.

I probably have more stuff to mentally digest and express, but I will sleep on it and post afterwards.

yep this ending made me tear up just as much as when I saw it for the first time

The Nameless City is actually a real comic. It was probably included as an easter egg since Faith Erin Hicks is also the artist for the tie in comic for The Last of Us, American Dreams.

3 Likes

I really liked Nadine’s character in this game. It’s refreshing to have a villain smart enough to throw up their hands, say “Y’know what? I like living. You all have fun. I’m out,” and just leave. More games should feature that sort of thing.

8 Likes

That ending was just beautiful. Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed that there was no actual sort of supernatural element by the end of the game, but everything else more than made up for it. What a hell of way to end the series (save for that DLC coming out)! :allears:

What an ending! Never thought that wandering through a house would make me tear up, but here we are.

It feels great when you see heroes get the chance to just retire and go on to live a happy life. They’ve earned their beachfront property, damn it!

Thank you for the fantastic LP, Chip. I look forward to whatever bonus content you have to give us. :ocelot:

1 Like