Let's Casually Play Pokemon Red!

Magikarp: Magicarp
Geodude: Magikarp
Paras: Magikarp
Clefairy: Magikarp

6 Likes

Enjoying what I’m seeing here. I am
 Intrigued.

Alright I’ll bite. I don’t get the LEEVANCLEF joke. I feel like there’s something obvious I’m missing here but I don’t know what it is.

Lee Van Cleef was an actor most notable for his roles in Spaghetti Westerns, such as the titular Bad in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

I thought lee van clef was funnie

2 Likes

There we go. I knew something felt familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. My papa likes westerns so I probably saw or heard the name growing up. Thanks for the explanation!

Glad we can count on your vote then, right? :wiggle:

2 Likes

Sorry about that, meant to get this out on the weekend but I had to fix some stuff.

4 Likes

Kinda surprised you didn’t go back for healing during the Nugget Bridge run, but then I guess that’s just my rampant paranoia speaking.

OH GOD EKANS WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAACE

It’s amazing how they “fixed” ghost type in gen 2. They added one new move, Shadow Ball, which is a pretty solid move.

Also it has the whole unique interaction with Curse thing.

Christ, Bill sucks at Tetris.

Let’s be fair: they also made Psychic properly weak to it, which is
 something, I guess.

(Ghosts kinda got the shaft for a while, just not as much as bugs)

On the video: [details=Summary]Oh hey, Pokémon Diamond/Jade! Or whatever those games were originally called before they got shoehorned into bootleg Pokémon games.[/details]

Man, it’s a good thing you put everything back together for poor Bill.

Did I miss any other linked videos? I’ve mostly been watching via the app so it does not show the (i) bubble.

Oh nice, a Kokia. I didn’t know you could catch those there. A nice water type if you don’t powerlevel your Magikarp.

Oh no I’ve been seen.

1 Like

I forgot how weird the first gen was about balance. And by that I mean the lack of balance. Bill is exactly as weird as I remember him. Although Em did get me to laugh when someone mentioned Bill being a “PokeManiac.”
“PokeManiac? Dude I didn’t need to know what he did in his spare time.” to which I responded, “Why do you think he has the Clefairy? He’s like that one guy from the anime who decided to go live with them in the mountains.” “Pffffft.”

The little blurb at the top right saying “i see you” actually gave me a little bit of a chill. I never thought Tetris could be unnerving but you made a freaky shape monster unnerving so I guess anything is possible.

4 Likes

HERE WE GOOOOOOOO!

Well then.

2 Likes

oh fuck is missingno the secret big bad of pokemon red???

oh my

This is like some ORAS Delta Episode malarkey and I love it.

2 Likes