Let's Casually Play Pokemon Red!

Charmeleon’s back sprite sure is…weird.

1 Like

I was always a fan of Zubat despite how annoying the encounter rate was. I also completely forgot that like the first member of Team Rocket they throw at you has a hacked Pokemon, that’s kind of a dick move by the game.

I can understand why the would do the caves like this in the first generation. I’m really curious why they decided to really continue the trend of making caves completely unbearable.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered how they did the RNG values for encounters in the caves. It makes me wonder if the encounter rate is actually higher or if it just feels higher because every single spot in them function like tall grass.

It’s probably the latter. But that should have been thought of. Unless they really did want it to end up how they did. The game is held together by gum and tape though, so maybe their hands were tied.

1 Like

Come to think of it, that might actually be why repels are a thing. Think about it, what area do you usually save them for? It’s certainly not the tall grass.

I absolutely love Metronome, if only because it allows me to see a bunch of moves I wouldn’t otherwise, but I never got around to using it much in Gen 1…

Wow, I picked the wrong LP to try and fall asleep to. :no_mouth:

Which, don’t get me wrong. I am very interested in seeing where this perfectly normal playthrough goes. but seriously that man in pewter will be haunting my dreams tonight

I especially appreciate that you left in the battle transitions for zubats, but cut out the fights because god damn they are so frequent.

So it turns out I forgot something! Oops! I need nicknames for the following Pokemon:

Magikarp. Please pick something befitting of the monster it will one day become.

Geodude.

Paras.

And Clefairy.

I will accept nicknames for these four Pokemon until sometime early Saturday. Nicknames for Charmander Charmeleon, Spearow, and Butterfree are no longer being accepted.

Also here’s another video I don’t remember making or uploading:

experiment

2 Likes

Clearly you must name Magikarp Magikarp so you can always remember the hard work you will have to go through to make it cool.

Name Geodude Bancho because look at that rock pompadour why didn’t game freak keep that?

Paras should be Cordyceps

Clefairy I don’t really have anything for. Nevermind we’re going with LEEVANCLEF

1 Like

I second all of the above. And when i think Clefairy i think Moonshine. So either that or some alcohol related thing might be good

Magikarp should be called Clem because you should think about being nicer to it.

Geodude strikes me as a Cliff kinda guy.

As for Clefairy, Luigi strikes me as a good one considering that Pikachu stole its spotlight in the anime. Those second fiddles gotta stick together.

Clefairy should be called Roulette and Metronome must be used often.

1 Like

Magikarp should be IEANIGTKYA. I Evolved And Now I’m Going To Kill You All.

Geodude should be Elvis because he’s the king of rock.

Paras is clearly a Metroid.

And Clefairy…I got nothin’. :sweat:

I say Geodude should be named Ballboa.

Paras would probably make a nice Hilltop.

Clefairy seems like it’d be Spacey (Yeah Clefairy is a little hard to come up with something good for.)

And Magikarp? I say Karpe Diem Or KarpDie for short.

Call the Clefairy LEEVANCLEF.

2 Likes

Clem is a wonderful suggestion. I’ll also second Luigi for the Clefairy.

1 Like

I’m gonna put in bold my official votes.

Magikarp Magikarp
Geodude Elvis
Paras Metroid
Clefairy Roulette

1 Like

Magikarp: Mr. Fish

Geodude: B-Rock

Paras: Bub

And Clefairy: LEEVANCLEF is really fucking good

2 Likes