L(P)GBTQ Zone - It turns out, we were The Gays all along...

Thank you, Mico.

I come to all women on these forums with only the most burning question:

2 Likes

Hey Gay guy here and this may be my first post here and it may be sucky cause iā€™m bringing up people being shitty. Please tell me if this post should go somewhere else or just remove it.

So Iā€™m into Powerlifting and recently a well known Powerlifter with a podcast decided to do one on Transgender Athletes.

:tw: On the video below & itā€™s comments the powerlifters :tw:
Podcast/youtube is here if you want it

It was upsetting right from the get go, first off itā€™s just two guys discussing transgender athletes in Powerlifting & Olympics, one of the guys is clearly just upset his wife lost a competition and they keep referencing studies and then saying ā€œIā€™ll put links in the commentsā€ instead of the info panel which is full of advertising shit.

Iā€™ve more issues with the video but honestly this sort of stuff makes me weary of the powerlifting community. Like at numerous competition iā€™ve been to everybodyā€™s super friendly and helpful but with stuff like this it makes me wonder if a lot of folks are really this friendly until LGBTQ issues come up and then attitudes change drastically.

Iā€™m heading to a LGBT Competition in London and honestly Iā€™m hoping to find folks to maybe chat about stuff like this.

Again sorry for bringing this up itā€™s just been on my mind a ton.

That stuff makes me wonder what would have happened if I hadnā€™t quit martial arts. And just in general, really; what would the people I used to know think of me now? ā€œComing outā€ is an everyday thing, etc. I guess Iā€™ve been a mix of lucky and strategic in who Iā€™ve come out to, especially since most of my queerness isnā€™t visible. Canā€™t imagine how anxiety provoking it must be to be a part of an athletic space without knowing if people would be shitty if they just knewā€¦

Keep us updated on the London competition!

1 Like

That reminds me I saw this video last week - interviews with some LGBT Wrestlers.

1 Like

Welp, it has begun. Reap what you have sewn with your encouraging words! I mean, if ya want, and my sincere thanks to this thread for getting me to try this out and letting me feel like I can be myself for once.

4 Likes

nice, ill give it a listen tonite!

If anyone has a contact with ScurvyKip, sheā€™s in a downward spiral and could desperately use some assistance. Weā€™ve tried getting her to call a help line but sheā€™s waving it all off and cutting communications.

Any news on ScurvyKip?

SkurvyKip continues to be active on the Discord.

Headin to Gaymer X East in like two weeks, it should be fun.

1 Like

I got big news, Iā€™m starting hormones in January :3:

15 Likes

:toot:

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations!!

Also I just found this thread. I canā€™t believe it took me this long. :v

Congrats!

:toot:

only 1 more month until my first HRT appointment

7 Likes

Anyone willing to share the broad strokes of how they got into HRT if itā€™s not too personal? I could probably look it up, but Iā€™d like to hear a tried-and-true method before I take any steps myself.

I live in Illinois, so a lot of the Planned Parenthoods here are informed consent clinics for trans-related things.

Iā€™m fortunate in that it didnā€™t take much effort to get on HRT. A few questions and a blood test and I was good to go.

In Illinois here as well, and yeah I was planning on going through a Planned Parenthood about an hour away since otherwise Iā€™d have to go to chicago, which is also about an hour or two away. But I want to get a job first so I can get insurance and income to help pay for HRT, which to my understanding is relatively cheap.