I Came, I Saw, I Climbed - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

I can’t shield surf for shit. Or wind surf for that matter.

2 Likes

I really liked the thunder plains shrine quest…

Completing the last of the shrines and wrapping up some sidequests I’d started or mentioned a long time ago. There’s a lot of shorts in this game. And we haven’t even seen them all.
Next week we begin the first pack of the DLC with two parts of the Trial of the Sword.

1 Like

To be fair, Finley says she’s already an adult Zora, but that she hasn’t had her growth spurt.

…It’s still kinda eeehhh but Zora are weird.

Wait, does that mean Ruto was like decades old when she decided she wanted to marry OoT!Link?

That’s… not great either.

Time to begin the first DLC pack. This week, we burn through the requisite kill-them-all dungeon in the pursuit of permanently powering up the Master Sword.

Both this and next week’s updates are two parts, since this trial isn’t really worth waiting a week to see completed, and because next week’s parts are both fairly short. And maybe, just maybe, I’m ready to see this damn LP finished.
After that, it’s on straight to DLC pack 2.

2 Likes

Masks and Masters

A relatively small DLC pack, but Pack 2 will make up for it.

Also tomorrow’s the one year anniversary of this LP! Yay! May I never LP a game this long again!

2 Likes

Exactly as long?

Let it be twice as long.

Disregard the others, three times as long.

And make sure it’s the first part of a trilogy.

Jokes aside though, this has definitely been a wild ride.

We begin pack 2’s major story segment with a hell of a challenge. That I rarely play straight.

2 Likes

Skippy mentions the lighting engine in the video and that reminded me about this great thread on Resetera about the game’s technical aspects including how it handles some rendering stuff which is super neat.

EDIT: Also, don’t forget to check out the champion’s diaries and talk to them a bunch of times!

The real crux of the Champion’s Ballad involves us taking on the same trials as our late champion friends. First up, the coolest one.

1 Like

What we learned about Urbosa? She gay. :+1:

Pack 2 ups the ante on esoteric clothing callbacks.

2 Likes

The sweaty part of Champion’s Ballad is now ready to roll

1 Like

After getting my ass kicked in BoTW one too many times I started watching this LP to try and pick up some pointers… at first I was only going to check out episodes for parts of the game I’ve already seen but I was enjoying what I saw so much I gave in and kept watching. Huge kudos to you for making this game look so effortless (in fact, maybe I should be cursing you because I watch a few of your videos, get the urge to play for myself, and then go and get my ass kicked some more ha ha).

1 Like

Yep, still a loser.

2 Likes

Oh, so Mipha had good traits.

1 Like

The DLC ends on a couple of the game’s highest notes.

The final update of the LP will be coming on Monday.

2 Likes

Aww, that IS a rather nice note to end the DLC on. And of course that freaking motorbike is darn cool.