I Came, I Saw, I Climbed - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

It’s not all bad, just think of all the frogs she wasn’t able to force people to lick.

I bring you all a nondenominational gift. Please ignore that today is clearly Christmas and enjoy another update!

2 Likes

Back on track recovering our memories, along with completing the world map via a jaunt through the last unexplored region, Faron.

1 Like

With the new year comes the last of the memories and some big boys to shoot along the way.

1 Like

With the memories out of the way, thus begins the trek to fill out Link’s health to a more heroic amount.

1 Like

I bet this horse could eat Moza’s cooking.

1 Like

It seems that Huge Horse is the fastest horse in the game, just because it’s so huge its canter is consistent and ends up covering space quicker than a regular fast horse’s gallop. Which is pretty amazing, imagine winning horse races by bringing a horse big enough it can basically step over the opposition.

It’s the only way I’d want to race.

Ain’t nothing in the rulebook about gigantic demon-horses being disqualified.

Phrasing, child.

Cleaning up shrines and sidequests around the Rito Village region, so that I’m prepared to find the Master Sword next week. A certain glowy mountain also catches my attention.

1 Like

Don’t remember if you mentioned this, but Satori Mountain is an homage to late Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, which is why the Lord of the Mountain shows up there in all his Ghibli glory. I did try to stable him; the stable hand was like, “You fool, that’s the Lord of the Mountain! Do you want to curse us all PUT HIM BACK!”

2 Likes

At long last, Link is reunited with his legendary-but-otherwise-pretty-standard sword.

I say “long last” because I completely spaced out on it being Saturday. I was busy prepping for new LPs like STALKER, starting today! :chuckle:

1 Like

When you talked about unlocking the Master Sword’s full damage potential, I immediately thought of Tadtones.

The Koroks have plenty for us to do before we leave the forest, so let’s indulge the adorable little goobers.

2 Likes

For the Trial of Wood, I had difficulty as well my first time through but for my second current play through I found that taking my time and using my bombs was a good way to make the trial a lot easier. Saving your arrows till the last little bit was the best for myself since the beginning is easy enough with bombs and any enemies further out are easily taken out with an arrow to the face.

Following our little korok friend was the most tedious quest for myself, easy enough to complete but a pain in the ass in the long run. Mostly when the wolf popped up. My second time around though I did not need to kill the wolf but it makes your life easier if you do.

Also as someone who has poured 350+ hours into the game, I can say it is a game that is easily replayed. Mostly later on once you finish the story for the first time plus the DLC from a completionist stand point will keep you busy for a time.

Mother, she blew my brain

Returning to Gerudo Desert next week for one of the silliest parts of the game.

I’ll have you know that the moose is Sweden’s official animal. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
And if we mix it with a Lindenworm we have a moose-dragon already, so stop trying to steal our things! :wink:

1 Like

I tried looking for stealthfin trout near Makar’s Island and could never find any. I ended up finding pretty much all of mine at the shrine in the Lost Woods with the pond, the one you have to use magnesis to find your way through. Warp in, grab the fish, warp out and do something else, come back in a bit for more fish. There’s only three or four at a time, so it’s a bit of a slog.

Also, I must disagree with Yami’s fightin’ words assessment of the 3D Zeldas. Wind Waker is a great game, yes, and among my top 5 Zeldas. But Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zeldas ever (neck and neck with BotW and MM), while I never managed to finish Skyward Sword.

1 Like

A part many have been waiting for, I’m sure. The plot is back on track, just in time to get really goofy.

I was having a hard time as well but if you have the sensor on for them and look for them at night I found it was way easier to find them then.